NWHL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NWHL Draft

Tell me again why the NHL owners should spend significant $$ so girls can play pro hockey? What possible benefit do they get?

P.S. the WNBA has been an unmitigated failure...limping along in the shadows with narry a fan or media coverage for the past 20 or so years...only...and I mean ONLY because the NBA is subsidizing it's existence. To what end I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
      Tell me again why the NHL owners should spend significant $$ so girls can play pro hockey? What possible benefit do they get?

P.S. the WNBA has been an unmitigated failure...limping along in the shadows with narry a fan or media coverage for the past 20 or so years...only...and I mean ONLY because the NBA is subsidizing it's existence. To what end I have no idea.
      lol

Comment

Based on how poorly things are going these days....it will either happen soon, or both leagues will fold. And based on the attendance #'s I don't think anyone will be shedding any tears if that happens.
        Merry Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
          lol
          I also lol'd
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
            ...WNHL would play in the summer so they would not be competing for coverage...
            so how many people in cold weather states (where the hockey teams are) are going to give up their summers to sit in a cold ice arena
            The Minnesota Lynx drew well because they had championship teams, now that they are back to having 2 star players and a bunch of nobodies, it will be interesting to see how many people show up the coming years

not even Team USA playing in the buff could get me to show up, even if someone gave me the tickets for free

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
            I'm not sure that type of thinking makes any sense at all. Stay apart struggling separately versus merge and pool your resources, marketing strategies, working together toward a common goal instead of at cross purposes working against each other, etc, not to mention the biggest thing; a joint proposal to the NHL for support?! Now that's what makes no sense! The whole idea is to merge and approach the NHL on a united front so they can achieve the goal of making a proper wage and finally make their living as full-time professional hockey players instead of part-time minor leaguers. Did your wife actually play hockey in college or anywhere else?
            part of the problem is that we are talking about Canada here, the country that can't even sell oil at a profit
            they are now getting onto the pot business, and they are about to prove that they can't even sell drugs at a profit

Canada couldn't sell water in the desert at a profit
            Last edited by pokechecker; 12-26-2018, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
              So "gimmick hockey" is your solution. Full strength 4 on 4 with shorter periods isn't our game and I don't really believe we want to compromise our game.
              It was only if there weren't enough players to fill out a complete roster....just doing some deadtime brainstorming.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

[QUOTE=CrossCheck;6738532]Tell me again why the NHL owners should spend significant $$ so girls can play pro hockey? What possible benefit do they get?

I've had good sources told me that Bettman and the NHL would be more than happy and are ready to take over control of all women's professional hockey....but that both leagues would have to go belly-up first.

Comment

https://www.theicegarden.com/2018/12...ndt-katie-burt

lots of names we have discussed before!

Comment

[QUOTE=play-by-play guy;6739250]

I've had good sources told me that Bettman and the NHL would be more than happy and are ready to take over control of all women's professional hockey....but that both leagues would have to go belly-up first.
                    Will they lock them out in 2020 too?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

[QUOTE=play-by-play guy;6739250]

why wait for them to go belly up? Just start a new league, build it and they will come ... at least the players (OK, like I said, Canadians are cheap and would rather hire players lacking a paycheck rather than ones receiving one, even as low as it is)

play games preceding the men's game at first, it would draw more than watch them now, plus most would be new fans, eventually they'd see that rather than be boring for the lack of checking and fisticuffs, a hockey game based most entirely on skill might even be an improvement

Comment

Bruins and Pride partnership!

https://www.nwhl.zone/news_article/show/983618

Comment

Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
                          Excellent. Now get the merger done, have the NHL partner with the merged league, and line up the other women's teams with NHL franchises. Then, and only then, can women's pro hockey grow.
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

So...lucky enough to get a coveted ticket to the Soldout Pride-Whitecap game yesterday. Awesome crowd, lots of young girls and a fun atmosphere. Even the scorers box was dancing between periods. Not sure I get as the Pride has owned the Whitecaps this year.....somehow they have lost 2 to the Beauts. Guessing clarkson grad Harmon is a big factor. Have to catch the next time these teams play. First game since announcing partnership with Bruins.

Comment

Working...
                            X