X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 199 - Dumb Poll of the Month

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    To you also and everyone else who believes in it.

For me, it is the most boring day of the year. Even the Smithsonian is closed this one day each year. (They managed to maneuver around the government shutdown until 1 January.)
    Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Chinese food and a movie!
    My FIL goes out to Chinese food on Christmas Eve. He is Catholic as you can get. Goes out after 4 o'clock Mass. He told lilnsl he hangs out with the Chinese, Cambodians and Jews at the restaurant. THen he paused and said- I don't go to a movie tho. I go home. lilnsl cracked up. lilnsl sat with FIL. He tries to use 'the book' to follow along in the service. Loses it because they are doing the Christmas service instead of Christmas Eve because 'Catholics think they should change the days or be across the international date line'. Try to explain logically why Catholics have such rigid rules that going to Mass before 4 o'clock results in some sort of religious mayhem for your soul for the week. THe dialogue between them was a hoot. If God died for our sins why do you make up a bunch of rules to make people feel bad instead of being happy they care enough to go to church? I almost disgraced myself by howling with laughter right in the pew. I had to turn away and missed the answer.

Happy Christmas to those who celebrate!

Good Morning Lodge!

Comment

Evening, Lodge. Great Xmas Day, food of course was the non-family highlight. My mom finally nailed my g-ma's Wilted Lettuce recipe, DELICIOUS. Perfect juicy ham (with a bourbon barrel maple syrup glaze as a bonus, that was my addition), my future SIL's garlic mashed which is insanely good, and Grasshopper pie for dessert. Found my elder niece wants to get into computer coding (she's 12) which impressed me greatly. Got a couple beginner books on designing video games.

And on a final note, successfully intro'd my fam to mead. They were definitely WTeFF and loved it. It ended up taking the place of the usual wine they drink.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I didn't know that Mead was available in the US.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Chasing some striped bass in the morning. This will be a first for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            I didn't know that Mead was available in the US.
            It is. Some of it is Americanized, some of it is more traditional. The one I intro'd today was Viking Blod, a more traditional mead. Schramm's Mead in MI is simply ZOMG (ask mel, or bbdl).
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  Chinese food and a movie!
                  We ran to Chinatown for a Christmas feast. Mostly Chinese but a smattering of roundeyes (token Jews like mookie).
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    Was an FNP for 28 yrs before attempting sanity. Now teaching Nursing. Muuuuuch less stressful!
                    Ah, right on. I work on the medical records software that you (maybe) used. The one that pretty much everyone uses.
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 199 - Dumb Poll of the Month

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                      Ah, right on. I work on the medical records software that you (maybe) used. The one that pretty much everyone uses.
                      The one that pretty much everyone hates, you mean.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Hates, uses; pretty synonymous, right?

I appreciate that it's insane levels of complexity keep me employed. I hate the fact that my hospital is (for now) small and private and I have to do insane amounts of work myself to keep basic things moving. I can't wait until the merger. If I stick around long enough to see change.
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Good Afternoon, Lodge!

Survived Christmas with the in-laws. BIL's ex-fiance was there. Mr. wore Black was not happy. She moved out and returned the ring. That means the relationship is over. Mr is planning on confronting his brother. Truth be told, none of us liked her. High maintenance with no reason to be high maintenance.

Now I think I am coming down with a cold. Everyone at work is not feeling top notch and it isn't post holiday hangover.
                          Originally posted by Skeeterman
                          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Afternoon, Lodge. Business was DEAD today, I was next in line to take Voluntary Time Off, so I did. Would rather lounge around at home watching movies than be bored out of my skull at work, especially since I think the rest of the week will be the same as today.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              The one that pretty much everyone hates, you mean.
                              EMR- one of the main reasons I left practice. Easily quadrupled the time it took me to do something and for many things worse than that. I used to dictate 26 patients in less than 30 minutes. I . The other one being a boss doc who was psychotic.

Hates, uses; pretty synonymous, right?

I appreciate that it's insane levels of complexity keep me employed. I hate the fact that my hospital is (for now) small and private and I have to do insane amounts of work myself to keep basic things moving. I can't wait until the merger. If I stick around long enough to see change.
                              I would rather stick a fork in my eye rather than deal with this for a living. Totally not functional for use as a medical person. Only function is to make insurance co. happy (and in the process make it impossible to function as a medical provider). If you think a small facility is hard... there are only so many moving parts there. Merge, go to a bigger system- more moving parts, more people screwed up, more people thinking they know what to do, more people telling the users what to do (and they all say something different ) .... My personal opinion is who ever invented EMR should be staked out in a desert over a fire ant nest with their eyelids stitched open and a little bit of honey poured on strategic spots so they can chew little holes in ... (no strong feelings here!)

Good Evening Lodge!

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X