X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 199 - Dumb Poll of the Month

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
    You had a hat on so I figured it was starting to get chilly.
    Yeah, I did on Friday night. Saturday I had my hat on, but didn't put the ear flaps down, and I don't think my jacket was even zipped up Saturday. It really wasn't that bad. People that can't deal with a few hours in -30 weather are soft and weak.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      If I'm on an island, my awake time is usually devoted 90% to drinking some kind of rum concoction, while sitting on a beach, or at a beach bar. Occasionally, that changes to drinking a rum concoction on an actual boat, or next to a pool, but drinking a rum concoction is an essential component of any activity I do while on a tropical island.
      I fall into this type of vacationing when going somewhere warm. My whole life is on a schedule, routine, etc. I like Vacation to be abasolutley zero planning when I’m there — complete relaxation and freedom to do as I choose.
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
        I guess the same type of approach that you're doing with everything else. It's different if a doctor says you can't have any of some type of food or beverage for some medical condition, but if you know that something isn't good for you but you really enjoy consuming it, at least reducing your intake is a positive step. If you eat fewer GS cookies or over a longer period of time, that helps. It seems that when people select diets where they can't eat things that they love at all, then they have a harder time sticking to the diet and abandon it altogether.

I'm sure that you eat better than I do, so consider the source.
        This is the diet I’ve been on since the start of 2019. Down 8 pounds by taking pop (soda ) out of my diet other than one on Sundays — I’ve done more meal prepping and have been much more conscious of what I’m eating — then on a Sunday I’ll have some pizza and a little ice cream. (Two of my absolute favorites)

Splurging or cheating one day has worked for me so far, and boy does that Sunday meal taste even more delicious.
        AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          This is MN, we're not candyasses.
          if after the game with the white beard you went into a building with heat, you are candyasses

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
            This is the diet I’ve been on since the start of 2019. Down 8 pounds by taking pop (soda ) out of my diet other than one on Sundays — I’ve done more meal prepping and have been much more conscious of what I’m eating — then on a Sunday I’ll have some pizza and a little ice cream. (Two of my absolute favorites)

Splurging or cheating one day has worked for me so far, and boy does that Sunday meal taste even more delicious.
            eat pu$$y. no calories!! in fact you burn

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              eat pu$$y. no calories!! in fact you burn
              Delicious and nutritious.....
              AF 99

Comment

You're down 8 pounds in 22 days???? Like, for real??? I stopped drinking soda daily about three years ago and have gained weight. Why is so easier for guys? Not fair. I will say all the anxiety I've experienced in the past month with my dad, I lost close to 6 pounds. Not the way I wanted to lose weight.

les - there was a period in time when I was taking a fish oil tablet and also glucosamine chron-something or other. I stopped. I didn't mind the fish oil. Would have no problem taking that again if it helps a bit. I have salmon on my shopping list. And walnuts.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  if after the game with the white beard you went into a building with heat, you are candyasses

Well, we changed clothes at the hotel, to go back out to drink the night away.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Busy weekend, just getting around to replying now. Spent it on the Cape in a recording studio.

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    Bummer. That is never a nice feeling.

Boston Globe had a big article on EMRs on the front page. Didn't read it but mr les waved it at me and said I was not alone. (Not positive, driving MDs out of profession, causing burn out). Thought of you. Who ever decides to write one that actually takes into consideration the medical decision tree could write their ticket...
                    I read it. Interesting, not sure I buy that the "issue" is as bad as they're stating but I do hear a lot of generally negative feedback. The documentation requirements are pretty substantial (necessary? Not necessary? I've no idea) and details change relentlessly so it's nearly impossible to be on top of it all.

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                    Ugh - the worst. We're doing a big merger (I wonder if we work for the same system). I think there is already a lot of duplicate leadership at my hospital in Burlington, I am sure changes are coming (though not likely to nursing, I hope).

It was definitely a consideration for my dad to retire. He probably would have stuck it out a few more years (he may have ended up divorced though), but the hospital was requiring him to switch over by the end of last year (so he retired in July of last year).

Hanging in there, Lodgers. Starting 5 in a row (love working through a snow storm)...
                    Hey, we're going to be coworkers!
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Midweek HHT!
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                      Northeast Regional:
                      West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

I fall into this type of vacationing when going somewhere warm. My whole life is on a schedule, routine, etc. I like Vacation to be abasolutley zero planning when I’m there — complete relaxation and freedom to do as I choose.
                        I am this type when I go on vacation, period. Even if it's just a day trip/overnight trip. Time has no meaning. "What do I want to do? Okay, let's do that."

Evening, Lodge. No snow yet. It was supposed to start snowing this afternoon. Not much, but enough to make the roads a little slick. Nope, nothing yet.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

s'upp y'all

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                            Northeast Regional:
                            West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning Mookie!
                              Good Morning MEUSA!

Good Morning Lodge!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!
                                Good Morning, FD08!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X