X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 199 - Dumb Poll of the Month

Good Morning Lodge!

The wind is howling. Literally. Whistling thru the chimney and windows. I can't remember it whistling like this even when we had hurricane force winds. Must be the direction it is coming from.

Comment

My wife's friend got married this past weekend and my wife was in the wedding. We also hosted two of her friends in town for the wedding - one other bridesmaid and a friend in from FLA. Surprisingly, FLA Woman was prepared for the weather. That said, having your spouse in a wedding is exhausting when the weather turns bad. Because we only have the one car that's good for bad weather, I was driving them around Friday night and all day both Saturday and Sunday.

That said, it was a nice wedding and fun reception once we got past the toasts. And it's another HHT weekend with another sweep!
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Good morning Lodge. Man, is it windy today. Here at the 'rents. PT Guy is here. My dad likes him, I'm glad he came back. I feel like he perks up a bit. He was pretty miserable this morning.

So, my brother has to fly back to LA on Thursday. Next Thursday, my dad has an appointment with his kidney doctor and I unfortunately have a work thing I don't think I can get out of. My older brother is seeing if he can take the day, asked if we thought we could move the appointment. Part of the issue is the company that's supplying his oxygen gave us these missile-sized portable tanks on a little cart. They're coming back tonight and I'm hoping they're bringing the portable oxygen in a bag thing because there's no way that we can use the one with the cart. Too big, bulky, and if it's just my mom, she will have to either push him a wheelchair or walk with him and the walker. That "portable tank" is far from portable. Cross fingers we get the easier one so we can get him to that appointment.

Comment

Windy here in 202-land also.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            I received an unknown amount from W. Stuart Symington. Using the average to date, the total is now $104,045,287.33.
            I received $12.5M from Mr. Andrew Smiles. The total is now $116,545,287.33.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Really windy the last couple of days. Fireplace was howling (my apt complex is two buildings, but they form a horseshoe, adding to the swirl of the wind). Bitter cold. Kinda sucks.

More snow this week, then back to more uber-cold.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                Northeast Regional:
                West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

s’upp y’all
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!
                    Good Morning, Mookie!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

We had some of that crazy wind over the weekend. I'm very glad I had my tree work done last Summer. I would have been freaking out about the limbs overhanging the house/rubbing against the windows and siding.

Happy Tuesday Lodge.
                      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Mornin’ y’all.

Excited for hockey in Mankato for the first time in a month this weekend.
                        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Good Afternoon, Lodge!

Just over a week left with Mr.'s friend staying at our place. Nice guy, but I want my house back!
                          Originally posted by Skeeterman
                          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Good morning Lodge. Man, is it windy today. Here at the 'rents. PT Guy is here. My dad likes him, I'm glad he came back. I feel like he perks up a bit. He was pretty miserable this morning.

So, my brother has to fly back to LA on Thursday. Next Thursday, my dad has an appointment with his kidney doctor and I unfortunately have a work thing I don't think I can get out of. My older brother is seeing if he can take the day, asked if we thought we could move the appointment. Part of the issue is the company that's supplying his oxygen gave us these missile-sized portable tanks on a little cart. They're coming back tonight and I'm hoping they're bringing the portable oxygen in a bag thing because there's no way that we can use the one with the cart. Too big, bulky, and if it's just my mom, she will have to either push him a wheelchair or walk with him and the walker. That "portable tank" is far from portable. Cross fingers we get the easier one so we can get him to that appointment.
                            Sometimes the the tank will have a strap you can hang off the back handles of the WC so you don't need to wheel an extra thing.

Good Evening and nighty night Lodge!

Comment

I received $12.5M from Mr. Andrew Smiles. The total is now $116,545,287.33.
                              I received $27M from Dr George Wilson. The total is now $143,545,287.33.
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-27-2019, 01:22 AM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

s'upp y'all

I received $17M from Dr George Wilson. The total is now $143,545,287.33.
                                a dr of?!?!?
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X