X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 199 - Dumb Poll of the Month

Good Morning Lodge!
    Snow in 978 land. For some reason no one is excited about this one.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
      Congrats. Sounds terrifying. (perhaps I'm just projecting).

I was talking to my parents over the weekend and I mentioned all the people I know having babies and my mom says that no one in her neighborhood (retirement community) is pregnant. She then says I'm the age for it. To which I replied, "yeah, 36 is the new 25"
      mookie's brother became a grandpa yesterday. he is 48
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        mookie's brother became a grandpa yesterday. he is 48
        yikes

Comment

Good morning Lodge. Hope all is well with you all. SOH - congrats!! Boy or girl??

Dad still in rehab. He's not really doing that well, but I feel it's mostly mental and emotional than physical, though physically he could (and should) be better. He was supposed to come home Thursday. Then they switched to Friday because his cardiologist changed his diuretic on Tuesday and they didn't start it till Wednesday. Then they did a portable chest Xray on Thursday and determined his pneumonia is back (did it ever really leave) so they put him back on an antibiotic and said he's not coming home Friday. And then it's a long weekend. He's just despondent. His appetite has waned. The food here is not that great, choices are somewhat limited and it's so unappetizing to him. My mom made avgolemono soup yesterday and brought it to him. We may bring some additional meals this week. No idea when he can come home. I head home tonight as I need to go back to work tomorrow. He does seem a little better this morning because I believe he got more sleep. Yesterday was just tough. I hope things improve this week.

Any. Way. Yeah. Hey, my hockey team finally won a game on Saturday. After three weeks at the *HT.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Good morning Lodge. Hope all is well with you all. SOH - congrats!! Boy or girl??

Dad still in rehab. He's not really doing that well, but I feel it's mostly mental and emotional than physical, though physically he could (and should) be better. He was supposed to come home Thursday. Then they switched to Friday because his cardiologist changed his diuretic on Tuesday and they didn't start it till Wednesday. Then they did a portable chest Xray on Thursday and determined his pneumonia is back (did it ever really leave) so they put him back on an antibiotic and said he's not coming home Friday. And then it's a long weekend. He's just despondent. His appetite has waned. The food here is not that great, choices are somewhat limited and it's so unappetizing to him. My mom made avgolemono soup yesterday and brought it to him. We may bring some additional meals this week. No idea when he can come home. I head home tonight as I need to go back to work tomorrow. He does seem a little better this morning because I believe he got more sleep. Yesterday was just tough. I hope things improve this week.

Any. Way. Yeah. Hey, my hockey team finally won a game on Saturday. After three weeks at the *HT.
            SO sorry. That is rough to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              yikes
              ????
              Why?

Is that crazy that a 24 year old has a kid? Two generations of a 24 year old having a kid gets a grandpa at 48 years. At 24 years a person has been an adult for 6 years, and out of college for 2.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                ????
                Why?

Is that crazy that a 24 year old has a kid? Two generations of a 24 year old having a kid gets a grandpa at 48 years. At 24 years a person has been an adult for 6 years, and out of college for 2.
                just the general reaction to being old enough to know people who are younger than me who are grandparents.

Comment

Good Afternoon, Lodge!
                  Originally posted by Skeeterman
                  Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                  "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    just the general reaction to being old enough to know people who are younger than me who are grandparents.
                    I have an aunt that was a great grandma at the age of 55. She had kids young, as did her daughter. Her granddaughter won the youngest title though with the teen pregnancy.
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

I have an aunt that was a great grandma at the age of 55. She had kids young, as did her daughter. Her granddaughter won the youngest title though with the teen pregnancy.
                      < math > If neither she nor her daughter was a mother as a teen, then her granddaughter was 15 when she had her first child. < /math >
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-18-2019, 05:32 PM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        It's a boy. A cluster-feeding and constantly pooping boy.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Congrats. Sounds terrifying. (perhaps I'm just projecting).
                          I can see where it would be terrifying if you became a dad.

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                          And it was THON weekend at Penn State, where they raised a total of $10,621,683.76

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzowxROXQAERJ3q.jpg:large
                          When I first saw this, I thought for sure it must be a Ralph post. Do you think these are REAL dollars???
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post

When I first saw this, I thought for sure it must be a Ralph post. Do you think these are REAL dollars???
                            Thon raises a lot of cash. But then again, Penn State fans are absolute self-important cultists. And like a real cult, they throw all of their money at it.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I had one family of pts who all reproduced before hitting 20. 5 generations of them. If God wants me to have a child I will..... and they did

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                Yes. My sister went to Penn State for her last 2 years of school (she started at University of Miami) and she participated in THON. All the big donors kick in for this. I donated 20$ about 8 years ago and I still get hit up for donations every year.

And yes, dx, is totally right.

Comment

Working...
                                X