Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 121 to 135 of 135

Thread: Does anyone miss CCHA?

  1. #121
    Seeing Other People
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    221

    Re: Does anyone miss CCHA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Yes. "The old ways are the best ways."

    But I miss the 17-team, 3 division ECAC, so what do I know?
    Please. The "old ways" were better because the big time Midwest school money was mostly spread evenly over two conferences. This supported a bunch of MAC/D-2 programs and the Alaska schools. When the Big 14 consolidated all that money, that was a huge hit to the bottom lines of the D-2 schools. I'm not convinced that the Alaska schools will be around in 10 years, and maybe Ferris or one of the UP schools will fold. I don't want that.

    I want a Division 1 college hockey where small schools who started programs before there was any profit motive have the same opportunity to start and maintain programs as the big schools, and I don't believe we have that. I don't give a shlt if Illinois or Northwestern or USC start programs, they're only being started because a bottom line focused AD thinks they'll be good for the accounting ledger. I care that the UP schools and the Alaska schools have the opportunities to succeed and be somewhat competitive in the standings.

    This isn't too much to ask for.

  2. #122
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,626

    Re: Does anyone miss CCHA?

    Sorry to break it to you but money rules the world

  3. #123
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,682

    Re: Does anyone miss CCHA?

    What I DON'T miss about the CCHA was the most biased officiating in all of college hockey!

  4. #124
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    3,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    What I DON'T miss about the CCHA was the most biased officiating in all of college hockey!
    You never watched the old WCHA did you?

  5. #125
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Too far from Houghton to be at the Mac for every game
    Posts
    484

    Re: Does anyone miss CCHA?

    Quote Originally Posted by icehawk View Post
    You never watched the old WCHA did you?
    Realignment may come and go but shltty officials will always be here.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  6. #126
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,682

    Re: Does anyone miss CCHA?

    Quote Originally Posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    Realignment may come and go but shltty officials will always be here.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Didn't anybody find it odd Piowtrowski officiated nearly ALL of Michigan's playoff and championship games? Of course no bias when Red's your
    best golfing buddy in the off season, right?

  7. #127
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    18,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Didn't anybody find it odd Piowtrowski officiated nearly ALL of Michigan's playoff and championship games? Of course no bias when Red's your
    best golfing buddy in the off season, right?
    Piotrowski was the only thing out of the CCHA I liked.

  8. #128
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,682

    Re: Does anyone miss CCHA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Piotrowski was the only thing out of the CCHA I liked.
    I'm not trying to be rude but REALLY? Not only did they make him Head of Hockey Officiating of the CCHA but now he holds the same title with the Big Ten!
    I can't begin to count the games he threw and not just against Ohio State. Back in the early 2000's Alaska was facing Michigan in the first round of the CCHA Super 6 and he pretty much kept a Fairbanks player in the box the entire game. The Alaska fans were LIVID!
    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 01-01-2019 at 07:02 PM.

  9. #129
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Marquette, MI
    Posts
    6,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    What I DON'T miss about the CCHA was the most biased officiating in all of college hockey!
    It doesnít matter, fans at all levels, from 9U to the NHL will constantly tell you how bad the officiating is and how bad their team got shafted.

    Itís amazing that there are at least 500 people at every game that are smarter than all the coaches, players and refs put together.
    Last edited by davyd83; 01-01-2019 at 08:15 PM.

  10. #130
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Too far from Houghton to be at the Mac for every game
    Posts
    484

    Re: Does anyone miss CCHA?

    ^^^ This ^^^

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  11. #131
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,682

    Re: Does anyone miss CCHA?

    Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    Itís amazing that there are at least 500 people at every game that are smarter than all the coaches, players and refs put together.
    Can't argue that, especially when I'm in the top percentile!

  12. #132
    not particularly bad
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Yost ice arena
    Posts
    9,207

    Re: Does anyone miss CCHA?

    I miss the CCHA refs throwing candy to the students at Yost.

    The best though was at a regional in St. Louis, my friends and I started chanting "where's our candy" and McInchak appears in the stands and hands us each a candy bar (this was during the game he was not officiating).

  13. #133
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,682

    Re: Does anyone miss CCHA?

    Quote Originally Posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    I miss the CCHA refs throwing candy to the students at Yost.

    The best though was at a regional in St. Louis, my friends and I started chanting "where's our candy" and McInchak appears in the stands and hands us each a candy bar (this was during the game he was not officiating).
    They loved you guys. Wasn't it like 90% of the CCHA refs were from Michigan?

  14. #134
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Findlay, OH USA
    Posts
    468

    Re: Does anyone miss CCHA?

    I don't remember if this happened in the CCHA or WCHA days. On Halloween weekend, we had one student dressed like a banana. For the Saturday game one of the refs or linesman brought a banana to toss to the student section. He brought a banana each time he came to BG the remainder of the season.

  15. #135
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,234

    Re: Does anyone miss CCHA?

    Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    It doesn’t matter, fans at all levels, from 9U to the NHL will constantly tell you how bad the officiating is and how bad their team got shafted.

    It’s amazing that there are at least 500 people at every game that are smarter than all the coaches, players and refs put together.
    Just 500...?
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •