Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does anyone miss CCHA?

Only all the time.

We haven't played Western, Miami or Ohio State since the league went under. Notre Dame had us for a series the first year there (plus a tourney in Florida), but hasn't made the trip back to Sault Ste. Marie. Michigan and Michigan State have each played a set up here in the 5+ years.

I suppose somebody who's more centrally located (Ferris, BG) can more easily get some of these schools to come in. Does anybody know how NMU has been affected schedule-wise?
    Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
      I don't think there are any people on the boards from a non-NCHC or B1G school that wouldn't want to go back to the CCHA/WCHA setup for their school....
      I’m pretty sure the only fanbase that likes the B1G more than the CCHA or old WCHA is PSU.

Comment

I just told my husband the other day I miss the CCHA. Playing big schools like Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State brought fans to our little arena in Fairbanks which was really beneficial for the program.

Comment

Originally posted by jsmithe View Post
          Only all the time.

We haven't played Western, Miami or Ohio State since the league went under. Notre Dame had us for a series the first year there (plus a tourney in Florida), but hasn't made the trip back to Sault Ste. Marie. Michigan and Michigan State have each played a set up here in the 5+ years.

I suppose somebody who's more centrally located (Ferris, BG) can more easily get some of these schools to come in. Does anybody know how NMU has been affected schedule-wise?
          Since 2013-14, We've played:
          At WMU 2 games (13-14)
          Vs UNO 4 games (13-14, 16-17), At UNO 2 games (17-18)
          At GLI (1 vs Mich, 1 vs MSU)
          At MSU 2 games (18-19)
          At ND 1 game (18-19)

We've played UNO six times since the conference shakeup, four of those at home. We haven't seen Michigan or Michigan State darken our doorstep since the breakup.

I miss the regular Western and Notre Dame games. And tOSU.
          Last edited by aparch; 12-17-2018, 10:16 AM.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Miss what?
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Tom Anastos?

Comment

I miss the easy road trips being more frequent. In the old CCHA, I could easily attend a game at Miami, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Western Michigan, Michigan, and Michigan State and head back home the same night. We still play some of these teams in non-conference games, but once the WCHA starts, it is difficult to attend road conference games.

Comment

Wasn't the Big 10 Hockey conference supposed to really grow college hockey? Only Arizona State has joined and they aren't even in a conference at the moment.
                  LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

I miss playing Minnesota. And some of the NaCHos teams. Not you St, Clouud.
                    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

7 of the 9 CCHA rinks were within a four hour drive of me.

Now there’s only two WCHA rinks I can get to in that time.
                      Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                        Wasn't the Big 10 Hockey conference supposed to really grow college hockey? Only Arizona State has joined and they aren't even in a conference at the moment.
                        Illinois is in the works supposedly.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          Since 2013-14, We've played:
                          At WMU 2 games (13-14)
                          Vs UNO 4 games (13-14, 16-17), At UNO 2 games (17-18)
                          At GLI (1 vs Mich, 1 vs MSU)
                          At MSU 2 games (18-19)
                          At ND 1 game (18-19)

We've played UNO six times since the conference shakeup, four of those at home. We haven't seen Michigan or Michigan State darken our doorstep since the breakup.

I miss the regular Western and Notre Dame games. And tOSU.
                          To add to this, we did see some different offerings in addition to this: We did do cash games at Notre Dame and North Dakota. Also we are going East for the first time in forever when we play at Cornell... They came to MQT this season...
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                            To add to this, we did see some different offerings in addition to this: We did do cash games at Notre Dame and North Dakota. Also we are going East for the first time in forever when we play at Cornell... They came to MQT this season...
                            Notre Dame will be coming to Marquette for one game the year after next. Even trade. Michigan State and St. Cloud will each be in Marquette next year for a 2 game series as the back end of this year’s trips there.
                            Last edited by davyd83; 12-17-2018, 09:59 PM.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

At least we get to see our former commissioner, Fred doing commentary for the B1G Network.
                              But in a way it kind of feels like he's gone over to the dark side!

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                                I just told my husband the other day I miss the CCHA. Playing big schools like Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State brought fans to our little arena in Fairbanks which was really beneficial for the program.
                                I've got to say that's a road trip I wish I could have made at least once. Could have been fun and getting to mingle with the Alaska fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X