Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
    For a board that does not even talk about the hockey team, I would say if they play to their fan base, it sounds like you have lost interest. Was impressive seeing quite a few Maine jackets and shirts in New Jersey!!! The board does not do justice to this very good University team in a bit of a rut....
    We used to have dozens of fans on here talking hockey 24/7. Now we have about six people who care even a little. It's not the fans' fault that the interest has dwindled so far.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
      We used to have dozens of fans on here talking hockey 24/7. Now we have about six people who care even a little. It's not the fans' fault that the interest has dwindled so far.
      This is my third season truly following the team and posting here and I can name about 7-8 people besides me I see on a routine basis. I can only imagine the glory days...

Comment

40 SOG, 40 saves for Princeton goalie Ferland. At best, a middle of the pack D1 goalie according to the stats I just read on USCHO. Something‘s
        gotta give. 40 SOG. 0 goals. Wow. At least on paper, Swayman plays a good game and loses again. I want to rant and scream and break something.
        Last edited by DoubleA; 12-29-2018, 12:06 PM.

Comment

I want an entirely new coaching staff that has NO ties to the program. The Ghost of Shawn Walsh runs deep......it's time to let go.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
            I want an entirely new coaching staff that has NO ties to the program. The Ghost of Shawn Walsh runs deep......it's time to let go.
            Yup for sure in full agreement. The program and U have to let go of the glory years and begin a new era and chapter in maine hockey. ( Except if JMonty wanted to coach)

Do you suppose Ken Ralph reads any of this?
            Last edited by NorthMike; 12-29-2018, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
              Yup for sure in full agreement. The program and U have to let go of the glory years and begin a new era and chapter in maine hockey. ( Except if JMonty wanted to coach)

My guess is yes. Not that it will change much.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                This is my third season truly following the team and posting here and I can name about 7-8 people besides me I see on a routine basis. I can only imagine the glory days...
                The trolling wars with just UNH fans were classic, let alone BC BU and whoever else that wanted to join in. Sometimes they were downright nasty. Good fun .
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Won 17 of 50 faceoffs. This resembles nothing of a Walsh era team. My guess is we need more from the ghost of Walsh than less.

Register this... 17 of 50 faceoffs to an ecac team.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    The trolling wars with just UNH fans were classic, let alone BC BU and whoever else that wanted to join in. Sometimes they were downright nasty. Good fun .
                    I was the only true gentleman around in the glory days.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Actually the true glory days predates uscho. There was hockey list, an email exchange service for all intents and purposes. Boy do I feel old now. Anyone else remember before cell phones and got taught in basic and Fortran. Remember rotary dial phones with the kinked up cords. Remember party lines when you needed to call grammy?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

Greg Moore’s on a good path like if he interviews well and is ready I’m all for it. I want the best guy whether he has ties to the program or not. Who gives a chit where he comes from as long as he can do the job

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                          Actually the true glory days predates uscho. There was hockey list, an email exchange service for all intents and purposes. Boy do I feel old now. Anyone else remember before cell phones and got taught in basic and Fortran. Remember rotary dial phones with the kinked up cords. Remember party lines when you needed to call grammy?
                          Hockey-L, Me-Hockey are still around, just no one uses them. But they were polite, the first few years of USCHO were unreal
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                            Won 17 of 50 faceoffs. This resembles nothing of a Walsh era team. My guess is we need more from the ghost of Walsh than less.

Register this... 17 of 50 faceoffs to an ecac team.
                            And if people can remember Ben Guite was a top player in the face-off dot, guess it does not rub off..?

Comment

Wow we are pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                                Wow we are pathetic
                                Could see this one coming. Red sounded completely clueless during the pregame show and ran out the same lineup as last night.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X