Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.45: The Wall or a Shut Down. Your Choice Pelosi!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.45: The Wall or a Shut Down. Your Choice Pelosi!!!!!!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Way back in 2015(?), a number of posters, on both sides of the aisle, wanted a smaller US military presence overseas.

What's changed?
    I and many posters want less spending on stupid expenditures - like guns and bodies that sit around. We do support cyber security, etc. Most of us don't want lots of militiary adventures...but are open to force used when absolutely necessarily. Some of us don't mind playing tough with tyrants like Putin...but rather less so with 100 migrants in southern Mexico. None of this has changed.

Conservative posters on the site have changed. Those on the right may have wanted a reduced military in 2015 - this after wrongly selling us on the critical nature of an Iraq invasion and occupation for the previous decade plus. ISIS thanks you.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Way back in 2015(?), a number of posters, on both sides of the aisle, wanted a smaller US military presence overseas.

What's changed?
      While I can't speak for them, I would assume the expediency of the withdrawal is the problem. There's no transition, no discussions with regional leaders; just a Tweet and a giant vacuum awaiting Russia, China, or someone else to step in.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

What's changed?
        We no longer have adults in the room while national security decisions are being made.

Comment

D. All of the above.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            While I can't speak for them, I would assume the expediency of the withdrawal is the problem. There's no transition, no discussions with regional leaders; just a Tweet and a giant vacuum awaiting Russia, China, or someone else to step in.
            That's correct. It would be nice to know the decision was not like most of his 3:00 a.m. what would be good for me now decisions. Even the most deluded among us knows that Trump doesn't have the interest or discipline to be thoroughly prepared.

And a large number of his supporters just don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              I'm assuming this was a bone to Erdogan to get him to lay off the Khashoggi killing.

"I'll let you massacre the Kurds, just shut up about the Saudis."
              I'm convinced Trump sees Erdogan as a kindred spirit. Erdogan has turned into a man with strongman aspirations.

Comment

The whiner-in-chief on the enhanced security for Air Force One on the way to Iraq:
                "But if you would have seen what we had to go through, with the darkened plane with all windows closed, with no lights on whatsoever, anywhere, pitch black, I’ve never seen that, been on many airplanes, all types and shapes and sizes, I’ve never seen anything like it."
                The troops must've been so impressed with Trump's tale of hardship coming to visit them, two years into his term. You can't make this stuff up. Boo-hoo, Trumpy.
                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  Cue the excuses from our resident expert on security procedures.
                  No he’ll ignore as usual since it’s not a dem who’s breaking norms

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                    The whiner-in-chief on the enhanced security for Air Force One on the way to Iraq:

The troops must've been so impressed with Trump's tale of hardship coming to visit them, two years into his term. You can't make this stuff up. Boo-hoo, Trumpy.
                    He should have choppered into the green zone. A family member talked about doing that before the withdrawal. Like geese putting on the brakes and doing that partial spiral thing onto a field or pond.

Comment

Quelle surprise

Comment

Don’t say I never warned you: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/u-s-nat...oes-it-matter/
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Come on WaPo, call it a lie

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.595bde0ad4b7

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            And if your GOP didn't pass massive "trickle down" tax cuts, we might have been able to knock it down.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

so if the wall is such a bad idea why is Pelosi offering 1.5 billion to build it
                              if it's a bad idea, why offer anything?

the national debt, can you afford your share? $66,000 for every man woman and child
                              letting a bunch of illegals in isn't going to reduce it, it will increase it due to more people suckling at governments teats
                              Last edited by pokechecker; 12-27-2018, 01:26 PM. Reason: you my now go back to your coloring books, but please don't eat the crayons

Comment

We need to create a ****-posting sub forum for this guy and Frauddy and people can interact with them if they choose to.

Comment

Working...
                                X