Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.45: The Wall or a Shut Down. Your Choice Pelosi!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.45: The Wall or a Shut Down. Your Choice Pelosi!!!!!!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    But the converse is true. Mexicans are Dems (or will be when they get to the voting booth).
    Not yet. Despite the GOP's best efforts to bleach the party there are still conservative Latinos (in addition to the old Cubans in Florida)

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...doned-the-gop/
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      About gosh darn time. Now the fun begins. https://www.scribd.com/document/3773...ton-Indictment
      Distract and deflect...
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Why in the **** haven't you jailed the ***** then? What are you waiting for? LOCK HER UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 12-29-2018, 09:37 PM.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So much for owning the shutdown....
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

WRONG.

The Dems will give votes for border security... they won't give votes for a wall.
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

That Mueller thing must have some serious legs. Trump gets worse day by day......
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                  That Mueller thing must have some serious legs. Trump gets worse day by day......
                  What the Mueller thing has is staying power. It is going to continue with no end in sight for a long, long time. And when it is over open minded thinking voters are going to be plenty disappointed. What's worse is they may be disillusioned as well, and decide it serves no purpose to participate in our democracy.

No matter what the final outcome of Mueller's investigation ends up being, republicans in the congress will take absolutely no action. trump won't be indicted. And if he is defeated at the polls in November of 2020 the best we can hope for is he slinks away like a bully who gets his noise bloodied.

Frankly, I fear his defeat -- IF republicans are no more successful at suppressing votes than they were in 2016 or 2018 -- will lead to the biggest crisis this country has faced since the Civil War. The existential threat our democracy faces in trump wasn't likely to be some sort of a shooting war, or, God forbid, WWIII (and the end of civilization on Earth), it is the citizenry consuming ourselves in constitutional chaos when 40% of Americans refuse to accept the results of a presidential election. republicans won't walk away as peacefully as democrats did when Gore had the 2000 election stolen from him.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                    What the Mueller thing has is staying power. It is going to continue with no end in sight for a long, long time. And when it is over open minded thinking voters are going to be plenty disappointed. What's worse is they may be disillusioned as well, and decide it serves no purpose to participate in our democracy.

No matter what the final outcome of Mueller's investigation ends up being, republicans in the congress will take absolutely no action. trump won't be indicted. And if he is defeated at the polls in November of 2020 the best we can hope for is he slinks away like a bully who gets his noise bloodied.

Frankly, I fear his defeat -- IF republicans are no more successful at suppressing votes than they were in 2016 or 2018 -- will lead to the biggest crisis this country has faced since the Civil War. The existential threat our democracy faces in trump wasn't likely to be some sort of a shooting war, or, God forbid, WWIII (and the end of civilization on Earth), it is the citizenry consuming ourselves in constitutional chaos when 40% of Americans refuse to accept the results of a presidential election. republicans won't walk away as peacefully as democrats did when Gore had the 2000 election stolen from him.
                    I think when the Mueller thing comes to a head, and it will come to a head, some HEAVY sh* is gonna go down. I think he learned a lesson from the attempted Clinton impeachment (yes, Bill was impeached, but not removed from office), and wants the full brunt of everything to come raining down on Trump, hence, the length of this investigation.

Trump has escalated his actions and words in recent weeks (and days) so that makes me think that the end is closer than we may realize.

Worst case, I would agree that 2020 is the end date, but I just have a feeling it'll come sooner than that.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                      I'm not as worried about that. I agree that Chump won't accept the results of an election that he loses, or claims voter fraud 1000 times backed by willing cult members in Congress. However he has no recourse. Each state's Secretary of State will certify the results and then electors are chosen to pick the President. At that point he's finished whether he wants to leave the WH or not. Law enforcement isn't exactly a friend of his and his term has a Constitutional end date. If he's still sitting there on inauguration day the new Prez can authorize throwing his fat @ ss onto the sidewalk.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Don't worry everyone. Fox News has Kellyanne Conway on this morning to explain everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          I'm not as worried about that. I agree that Chump won't accept the results of an election that he loses, or claims voter fraud 1000 times backed by willing cult members in Congress. However he has no recourse. Each state's Secretary of State will certify the results and then electors are chosen to pick the President. At that point he's finished whether he wants to leave the WH or not. Law enforcement isn't exactly a friend of his and his term has a Constitutional end date. If he's still sitting there on inauguration day the new Prez can authorize throwing his fat @ ss onto the sidewalk.
                          PPV event! Can you imagine the money raised?

Comment

I honestly believe that Fox would be a decent news channel if they actually argued facts and brought in legitimate arguments for the conservative side. Instead they lie and stomp their feet with NOTHING to back up anything they are saying.

Comment

Usually don't like Chuck Todd but I really love what he is doing on Meet the Press this morning. A full hour on Climate Change and not a single Climate Change denier will be given voice this morning. Good for them.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Usually don't like Chuck Todd but I really love what he is doing on Meet the Press this morning. A full hour on Climate Change and not a single Climate Change denier will be given voice this morning. Good for them.
                                Good for them. Hopefully their viewers will leave with a better understanding of the threats of human caused climate change.

Somehow we need a "Mothers Against Drunk Drivers" moment to spring up along the notion of climate change. MADD, along with other organizations, truly changed the way we look at impaired driving. Fatalities caused by impaired driving are down by half since the early 80s and the rate has dropped even more for those under 21 because of the push to raise the drinking age in each state. Some of the drop is due to cars that are far safer in 2018 than in 1980, but overall driving deaths are not down nearly as much, so the car itself is responsible for only a part of the improvement in impaired driving deaths. If we don't do something to slow climate change caused by humans we may as well all start drinking and driving again. It is a much quicker and more efficient form of suicide.

Comment

Working...
                                X