Page 1 of 51 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1001

Thread: POTUS 45.45: The Wall or a Shut Down. Your Choice Pelosi!!!!!!

  1. #1
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    71,309

    POTUS 45.45: The Wall or a Shut Down. Your Choice Pelosi!!!!!!

    Continue
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    281

    Re: POTUS 45.45: The Wall or a Shut Down. Your Choice Pelosi!!!!!!

    Michael Cohen to be sentenced today. Meanwhile, Michael Flynn is asking for leniency, partially because his lawyers state that he didn't know it was a crime to lie to the FBI. Makes sense.

  3. #3
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    71,309

    Re: POTUS 45.45: The Wall or a Shut Down. Your Choice Pelosi!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dave122793 View Post
    Michael Cohen to be sentenced today. Meanwhile, Michael Flynn is asking for leniency, partially because his lawyers state that he didn't know it was a crime to lie to the FBI. Makes sense.
    I was reading that Flynn and the lawyers think that he was tricked into lying. I don't understand the leniency if that's where they're going to go.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin, Dane
    Posts
    1,622

    Re: POTUS 45.45: The Wall or a Shut Down. Your Choice Pelosi!!!!!!

    GOOGLE image searches, it's not only 'idiot' search that brings up trump, 'worst us president ever' does too!
    WISCONSIN HOCKEY: I invoke the power of sauerbraten FF-2006 Milwaukee!

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    281

    Re: POTUS 45.45: The Wall or a Shut Down. Your Choice Pelosi!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I was reading that Flynn and the lawyers think that he was tricked into lying. I don't understand the leniency if that's where they're going to go.
    Maybe he was just "tricked" into secretly and illegally negotiating with a hostile foreign power and then "tricked' into lying about it. I'm also sure he was "tricked" into not registering as a foreign agent while representing Turkey's interests during Trump's election campaign. Hey, it could happen to any of us. He's lucky I'm not the judge at his sentencing hearing.

  6. #6
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    71,309

    Re: POTUS 45.45: The Wall or a Shut Down. Your Choice Pelosi!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dave122793 View Post
    Maybe he was just "tricked" into secretly and illegally negotiating with a hostile foreign power and then "tricked' into lying about it. I'm also sure he was "tricked" into not registering as a foreign agent while representing Turkey's interests during Trump's election campaign. Hey, it could happen to any of us. He's lucky I'm not the judge at his sentencing hearing.
    It feeds the Witch Hunt. I don't like it and if I were the prosecutors I would be ****ed for them saying it.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Colo Spgs
    Posts
    3,696

    Re: POTUS 45.45: The Wall or a Shut Down. Your Choice Pelosi!!!!!!

    I'm guessing he was "tricked" because he had no idea they already knew the truth and they were kind enough to give him an opportunity to tell his story.

  8. #8
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    71,309

    Re: POTUS 45.45: The Wall or a Shut Down. Your Choice Pelosi!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    I'm guessing he was "tricked" because he had no idea they already knew the truth and they were kind enough to give him an opportunity to tell his story.
    That's good police work.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  9. #9
    Loser Teacher
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    39,314

    Re: POTUS 45.45: The Wall or a Shut Down. Your Choice Pelosi!!!!!!

    The stupid thing about Faux and Drudge deleting their stuff is that it isnt hard to find that stuff even after deleted and NOW it will look ten times worse (whether it should or not) that you deleted it.

    Stuff like this is not unlike Trump lying about things when questioned then changing his story when it is proven he lied. The next story he tells is going to look doubly shady. All you are doing is making things worse.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  10. #10
    Loser Teacher
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    39,314

    Re: POTUS 45.45: The Wall or a Shut Down. Your Choice Pelosi!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    That's good police work.
    Hey he is lucky...if he was Black they probably shoot him
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  11. #11
    Kicizapi Cetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    14,807

    Re: POTUS 45.45: The Wall or a Shut Down. Your Choice Pelosi!!!!!!

    Back to here for just a second ... a Drudge tweet-flush is fairly common. Put "Drudge deletes tweets" into Google and you'll see he's done that since at least 2014.

    Now the other two (Hannity, Fox News) I have no idea.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

    North Dakota Hockey:

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    281

    Re: POTUS 45.45: The Wall or a Shut Down. Your Choice Pelosi!!!!!!

    Cohen gets 3 years prison time. EDIT: also hit with forfeiture of $500,000, restitution of $1.4 million and a fine of $50,000.
    Last edited by dave122793; 12-12-2018 at 12:15 PM.

  13. #13
    Opposite Girl
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Meffa, MA
    Posts
    29,952

    Re: POTUS 45.45: The Wall or a Shut Down. Your Choice Pelosi!!!!!!

    When does he get pardoned? Or does he because he gave ****ing info?

  14. #14
    NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    Posts
    19,245

    Re: POTUS 45.45: The Wall or a Shut Down. Your Choice Pelosi!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dave122793 View Post
    Cohen gets 3 years prison time. EDIT: also hit with forfeiture of $500,000, restitution of $1.4 million and a fine of $50,000.
    Sure the forfeiture and fines are a big hit, but at least he gets room and board free for 3 years. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/mi...llary-clinton/

    Cornell '04, Stanford '06


    KDR

    Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

  15. #15
    \../ \../
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.
    Posts
    2,326

    Re: POTUS 45.45: The Wall or a Shut Down. Your Choice Pelosi!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Stuff like this is not unlike Trump lying about things when questioned then changing his story when it is proven he lied. The next story he tells is going to look doubly shady. All you are doing is making things worse.
    In trump's case though, worse to who? People with the ability to think critically and clearly, and with an ounce of ability to discern the truth already KNOW trump is a lying sack of human stool, and is such a pathological liar he'd tell a lie when the truth would actually make him look better.

    None of this matters. He isn't being convicted if the democrats in the House decide to impeach, he isn't resigning, and even if it is shown he's committed a 100 felonies, someone will pardon him before he's made to do his first perp walk.

    I would give my left testicle -- hell take BOTH of them, I'm too old to have new kids anyway -- if one tenth of the time the news media is spending reporting trump's latest lies would instead be devoted to how climate change is affecting things like hurricanes or wild fires in California, or how real criminal justice reform requires tackling the racism behind the problems, or how the decline of unions has led to the horrible income inequality and how seriously that affects our economic future...

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    281

    Re: POTUS 45.45: The Wall or a Shut Down. Your Choice Pelosi!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Sure the forfeiture and fines are a big hit, but at least he gets room and board free for 3 years. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/mi...llary-clinton/
    Lanny Davis, one of Cohen's lawyers: "At the appropriate time, after Mr. Mueller completes his investigation and issues his final report, I look forward to assisting Michael to state publicly all he knows about Mr. Trump and that includes any appropriate Congressional committee interested."

  17. #17
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    71,309

    Re: POTUS 45.45: The Wall or a Shut Down. Your Choice Pelosi!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    I would give my left testicle -- hell take BOTH of them, I'm too old to have new kids anyway -- if one tenth of the time the news media is spending reporting trump's latest lies would instead be devoted to how climate change is affecting things like hurricanes or wild fires in California, or how real criminal justice reform requires tackling the racism behind the problems, or how the decline of unions has led to the horrible income inequality and how seriously that affects our economic future...
    The EPA under Trump (just saw a report today) is scaling back the Clean Water Act. I foolishly think that as we get smarter, science advances, and Engineering gets better that our ability to protect the environment should be increasing instead of decreasing. Who knew?
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Living from my car
    Posts
    22,540

    Re: POTUS 45.45: The Wall or a Shut Down. Your Choice Pelosi!!!!!!

    And the Interior Department wants to cut protections to open up more areas of the west to mining and drilling.

    But why not. Those birds are just dummies for living there. Our future generations can see photos of them when they're extinct.

  19. #19
    Just a boring user.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Walking to Yost
    Posts
    10,196

    Re: POTUS 45.45: The Wall or a Shut Down. Your Choice Pelosi!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    The EPA under Trump (just saw a report today) is scaling back the Clean Water Act. I foolishly think that as we get smarter, science advances, and Engineering gets better that our ability to protect the environment should be increasing instead of decreasing. Who knew?
    The excuses I heard to scale it back were pretty lame- people *claimed" that they had no idea if they could do *something* in a given area.

    All that tells me is that certain groups have no decent lawyers, as the environmentalists have lawyers on staff, and have money to sue just to get clarification. This isn't hard, all you need is someone to be specific for ONE case (as that sets a precedent).

    But being lazy or stupid, they got under the "greed" skin, and just want to build baby build.

    The real sad part is the idea that non-surface water isn't covered, even though there are many cases out there where industrial pollution (accidental OR intentional) has worked it's way into the underground water system. We have one of those chemical plumes west of Ann Arbor, and it's constantly being monitored so that people can keep using their wells without getting sick.

    Just as bad, you can pollute a non permanent river, and all of that flows into our waterways when there's enough water. Which happens every single year.

    In the end, the tax payer will be on the bill to keep the water clean enough to drink. And it will cost MORE to society than if the pollution was prevented in the first place. But it does mean shareholders will make more money.....

  20. #20
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    71,309

    Re: POTUS 45.45: The Wall or a Shut Down. Your Choice Pelosi!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    The excuses I heard to scale it back were pretty lame- people *claimed" that they had no idea if they could do *something* in a given area.

    All that tells me is that certain groups have no decent lawyers, as the environmentalists have lawyers on staff, and have money to sue just to get clarification. This isn't hard, all you need is someone to be specific for ONE case (as that sets a precedent).

    But being lazy or stupid, they got under the "greed" skin, and just want to build baby build.

    The real sad part is the idea that non-surface water isn't covered, even though there are many cases out there where industrial pollution (accidental OR intentional) has worked it's way into the underground water system. We have one of those chemical plumes west of Ann Arbor, and it's constantly being monitored so that people can keep using their wells without getting sick.

    Just as bad, you can pollute a non permanent river, and all of that flows into our waterways when there's enough water. Which happens every single year.

    In the end, the tax payer will be on the bill to keep the water clean enough to drink. And it will cost MORE to society than if the pollution was prevented in the first place. But it does mean shareholders will make more money.....
    Yep. Which is why we need to change our laws so that "shareholders" are not the only stakeholder in a corporation. We give Corporations huge rights and privileges to use and hide behind in the law. With great power should come great responsibility.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •