Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catamount Cup NU, RPI, UAH, UVM (12/28/18, 12/29/18)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Catamount Cup NU, RPI, UAH, UVM (12/28/18, 12/29/18)

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
    Do they have a way of determining a tournament champion if two teams win two games apiece?
    Probably goal differential.

Comment

That would make some sense.

I remember in the old days of the RPI Invitational, when it was a round-robin affair, if two (or three) teams finished with identical W-L-T records, the team with the most total goals would be declared the champion.

I suppose it means that a team which falls behind in a game had better not expect the opponent to ease up. They're probably going to keep coming as hard as they can to increase their chances of winning the tie-breaker.

Comment

Now that all four teams have this as their next games...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Now that all four teams have this as their next games...
          Thanks for giving the thread a kick.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I'm going to guess that Mark Sinclair will start in goal for us against Vermont, and then Jake Theut will be in goal against his former Northeastern teammates. A shame we're not playing RPI so Jesper Ohrvall can play against his former team.
            Michael Napier - UAH '97
            uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
            U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
            NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
            CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
            CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
              A shame we're not playing RPI so Jesper Ohrvall can play against his former team.
              Not a shame from my point of view.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

This starts a week from today. Hope springs eternal that this will start a resurgence for the Engineers, but, sadly, I am not optimistic.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

My opinion, NU will have their hands full vs RPI. 2 week layover from the hockey, missing some pieces on the ice & on the bench.. advantage RPI and they can make the most of this. Regardless, will be a close contest (i feel), and decided by special teams. 4-3 Engineers, though this could go other way depending on how good our #2 goalie does; having played very little this season.

Go Huskies, happy holidays all.
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I mean this with the utmost respect to RPI and their fans, but their stats are bad and their advanced stats are worse, and Huntsville is Huntsville. Stranger things have happened and hockey is hockey, but any thought of NU losing a game this weekend should be treated as a code red pairwise killing type of scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                      I mean this with the utmost respect to RPI and their fans, but their stats are bad and their advanced stats are worse,
                      I agree about the stats and advanced stats,
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I mean this with the utmost respect to RPI and their fans, but their stats are bad and their advanced stats are worse, and Huntsville is Huntsville. Stranger things have happened and hockey is hockey, but any thought of NU losing a game this weekend should be treated as a code red pairwise killing type of scenario.
                        Meh, Cornell still made it to the tournament last year.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                          My opinion, NU will have their hands full vs RPI. 2 week layover from the hockey, missing some pieces on the ice & on the bench.. advantage RPI and they can make the most of this...depending on how good our #2 goalie does; having played very little this season...
                          Valid points that do indeed provide an opening for RPI (and UAH for that matter). But my view is that NU has enough firepower to more than make up for the probable loss of Tyler Madden up front and the all but certain loss of Cayden Primeau in goal. And although Ryan Ruck has had relatively few minutes of game action (all in garbage time), he's not exactly swiss cheese, having led NU to an improbable 2016 HEA tournament championship.

And if NU can't win without having Jerry Keefe on the bench...(well, let's not even get into that.)

UPDATE: Madden and Primeau both make the final roster.
                          Last edited by Split-N; 12-23-2018, 11:55 AM.
                          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

I can tell you one thing for sure. Huntsville is not going to go quietly. Whoever they play will get a good game and a run for their money.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              I can tell you one thing for sure. Huntsville is not going to go quietly. Whoever they play will get a good game and a run for their money.
                              I don't doubt that for even a second. And there'll be no lack of motivation if Jake Theut starts against Northeastern.
                              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                I was going to congratulate a Charger fan for sticking up for his team, but it appears that the person who entered the above post is actually a Michigan Tech fan.

For RPI's part, Coach Dave Smith has been spending the Christmas break trying to convince anyone who would listen that his RPI team really isn't as bad as the unsightly won-lost record and perhaps even more unsightly statistics that they have compiled thus far this season.

If they can actually win one or (I can dream, can't I?) both games this weekend, it might be a sign that the team has started to believe what he's telling them.

Comment

Working...
                                X