Names Balsamo 'offensive' player of the week:

http://nchahockey.org/sports/mice/20...WR_DEC_11_1819
    Can't make this stuff up.
    5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
    2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Re: Salve Regina @ Adrian 12-8-18

Originally posted by Adam_Krug#1 View Post
      Has anyone contacted the school and stated your displeasure with things? If not, keep the speculation out of it.
      Theres things other programs do that are unsavory sometimes, but they dont get called out about it. A couple of posters on here are giving a lot of good kids a bad name and its undeserving.
      Nice try to shift the focus to "...things other programs do that are unsavory sometimes..." It's a bad program with even worse leadership, or lack thereof at Adrian and it starts at the top.

Comment

Has anyone contacted the school and stated your displeasure with things? If not, keep the speculation out of it.
        Theres things other programs do that are unsavory sometimes, but they dont get called out about it. A couple of posters on here are giving a lot of good kids a bad name and its undeserving.
        These players deserve to be called out by name for their actions. If Balsamo can be named NCHA Offensive Player of the Week, then he can be called out for being a pitiful immature clown for showboating an empty net goal.

Comment

The NCHA doesn't have any decent players in the league (sarcasm emphasised) that they have to give player of the week to someone ejected for unsportsmanlike behavior? Maybe there's a reason Adrian feels they can act this way. There are no consequences. I cannot believe there are no suspensions from this. Since Adrian doesn't play for a couple of weeks, maybe the league is just taking its time before reacting?

Edit: I just fired off a quick email to NCHA Commissioner Don Olson (donolson@nchahockey.org) asking that action be taken against the Adrian program and specific players involved this past weekend.
          Last edited by spwood; 12-12-2018, 02:36 PM.
          Steve
          Penn State Class of '95
          Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
            The NCHA doesn't have any decent players in the league (sarcasm emphasised) that they have to give player of the week to someone ejected for unsportsmanlike behavior? Maybe there's a reason Adrian feels they can act this way. There are no consequences. I cannot believe there are no suspensions from this. Since Adrian doesn't play for a couple of weeks, maybe the league is just taking its time before reacting?
            Well, technically, they were "disqualifications" (as opposed to game misconducts) according to the boxscore, which are automatic suspensions under NCAA rules.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Arete19 View Post
              This behavior will not change until Mr. Krug exits the program. What other coach would allow an ejected player to stand just off ice and cheer on his teammates in a premeditated fight? Mr. Balsamo should have been in the locker room and his coach should have been telling his teammates to just admire the scoreboard for their last 17 seconds on the ice. Adrian is simultaneously the most talented and most embarrassing team in the NCHA every year. Every time they play my favorite team I’m relieved when the game ends without someone getting seriously injured. Get over yourselves Adrian. Yes you got left out of the NCAA tournament somewhat unfairly your first two years (also the two years your current coach was on the ice for you), but it’s time start acting like a top flight d3 program and not a butt-hurt kindergartner who had his favorite toy taken away from him.
              I just watched the video and that was absolutely disgusting on Adrian's part. There is no way anyone, even an Adrian supporter can justify that. This isn't a goon league. The school and the announcer as well should be ashamed and I hope the school has enough integrity to punish the players involved further. Shame on this institution.

Comment

I'm assuming you were there. What was your assessment of the fight and the events leading thereto?

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                  Well, technically, they were "disqualifications" (as opposed to game misconducts) according to the boxscore, which are automatic suspensions under NCAA rules.
                  Whatever it is, it should be doubled and the school should impose further suspensions to the player and the coach.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                    Whatever it is, it should be doubled and the school should impose further suspensions to the player and the coach.
                    So looking at the box score it looks like Salve will lose 3 players for their next game and Adrian will lose two players. And Balsamo gets nothing, except NCHC Player of the Week. WOW. DQ’s all carry another game, whether it is a fight and DQ or just a DQ. I know a lot of the leagues in the east and especially in D1 have the commissioner of the league hand out supplemental discipline in all these cases. I would imagine the NCHC has the same and hopefully they are just waiting to turn over every stone before handing out more discipline. If they do not then the school should step in and make a statement that these actions will not be tolerated.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      A "fighting" DQ includes the game in question and the next one as well, IIRC... Ergo, Balsamo will miss 60:04 of actual ice-time. No doubt that fact figured-into his calculus when he went ape- s*** in the closing seconds.

This particular transgression was so beyond the pale that some body or the other needs to sit him for an extended number of games, if you ask me. If he gets off with simply missing a single game, that sends the wrong message entirely. I wouldn't object to seeing him suspended for the season, as a matter of fact.

That beat-down was a criminal act. Why it would be tolerated in our game is beyond me. Truly.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                        A "fighting" DQ includes the game in question and the next one as well, IIRC... Ergo, Balsamo will miss 60:04 of actual ice-time. No doubt that fact figured-into his calculus when he went ape- s*** in the closing seconds.

This particular transgression was so beyond the pale that some body or the other needs to sit him for an extended number of games, if you ask me. If he gets off with simply missing a single game, that sends the wrong
                        message entirely. I wouldn't object to seeing him suspended for the
                        season, as a matter of fact.

That beat-down was a criminal act. Why it would be tolerated in our game is beyond me. Truly.
                        Balsamo only got a misconduct and wIl not be missing any games. It was #23 Bachnak who was in the fight. He got the 5-10- and 10 DQ

Comment

You and I often butt heads, but I absolutely agree with you here. That was assault.

The inaction of those referees is inexcusable.

Comment

This particular transgression was so beyond the pale that some body or the other needs to sit him for an extended number of games, if you ask me. If he gets off with simply missing a single game, that sends the wrong message entirely. I wouldn't object to seeing him suspended for the season, as a matter of fact.

I think full season is a bit much as its not like there haven't been fights before but wow that was bad. I think the DQ plus a couple more might make sense but after watching that I also think that if the league does nothing or issues no statement on this at all that its leadership is a joke and its member institutions should be ashamed. Otherwise congratulations NCHA you have the biggest joke in div 3 hockey in your league and do nothing at all about it. which makes me wonder who the joke then really is.

Comment

Their league affiliation isn’t the problem, the culture at their school is.

They were pulling this same crap back when they were beating up on the old MCHA and post-season play was a pipe dream for them (anyone remember Minnesota-Crookston?)

Comment

Hopefully some future recruits find this message board and see this thread to get an idea about the culture of this program.

Comment

Working...
                                X