Salve Regina @ Adrian 12-8-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d3hockey57 View Post
    Hopefully some future recruits find this message board and see this thread to get an idea about the culture of this program.
    Actually, the school is probably a blast for recruits to visit (especially if the recruits academic prospects are less than stellar.) Seems to me hockey players are allowed to do whatever they want there.

Watch them hang 10 on Finlandia or Lawrence, get wasted at the hockey house, maybe bully a nerd or two late night...

What could be better for the type of 20 year old AC seems to always attract?

Comment

Re: Salve Regina @ Adrian 12-8-18

Originally posted by altazo View Post
      Actually, the school is probably a blast for recruits to visit (especially if the recruits academic prospects are less than stellar.) Seems to me hockey players are allowed to do whatever they want there.

Watch them hang 10 on Finlandia or Lawrence, get wasted at the hockey house, maybe bully a nerd or two late night...

What could be better for the type of 20 year old AC seems to always attract?
      From what I've seen of programs that do this stuff (not just hockey), they'll be allowed to continue until they go ahead and start assaulting their own students, at which point the AD will keep it quiet, kick some underclassmen off the team immediately and then quietly encourage the HC to find another job over the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
        I'm assuming you were there. What was your assessment of the fight and the events leading thereto?
        Every team has their own style of play.
        Its just part of the Adrian culture. You can see it by the crowd reaction. The announcer being amused by it all. The players and how they carry themselves

Comment

Originally posted by Adam_Krug#1 View Post
          Its just part of the Adrian culture. You can see it by the crowd reaction. The announcer being amused by it all. The players and how they carry themselves
          That "culture" certainly does not belong in D3Hockey.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

We're not talking about "style of play" here. The BS the other night was sucker-punch cowardice. it wasn't hockey, it was utter horse-s***.

Comment

So what’s the over-under that Adrian tries to fight players on the U.S. National Under-18 January 8th? Hopefully Jack Hughes is still recovering from a world junior championship, and is held out of this game because it wouldn’t surprise me if Krug tries to make a name for himself, and tells his players to go after the potential 2019 number one overall pick.

Comment

If that's the culture of the Institution, there are problems far greater than what is happening on the ice. To begin, I imagine that ACTV, the airer of the game is funded with College funds. I cannot imagine the institution would want that play-by-play person to be the voice of the college. That video is available on Youtube, and definitely presents the face of the college to the general public.

Second, if this was the first series between these two institutions, I wonder how the bad blood was created so quickly. Sometimes, even in college hockey, fights happen. But what happened in this game was a "mugging". The camera guy was probably watching the game and decided not to follow the play with the camera, so the initial blows were not recorded. But when one place gets the upper hand, as did the AC player, he landed a couple of real solid blows, the game dictates, at all levels, the altercation has been won, time to back off. I would agree that if the second participant wants to keep going, sure. However, this did not seem to be the case. As I said, this was a mugging.

At the upper levels, the different conferences issue suspensions, I am assuming that D3 does not do this.

Does anyone know if this is a multi year commitment?

Comment

Still no suspensions handed down from the NCHA. So unless this is the NFL and Tom Brady where it takes 6 months to suspend I suspect nothing further to see here. Move along.

Comment

Still no suspensions handed down from the NCHA. So unless this is the NFL and Tom Brady where it takes 6 months to suspend I suspect nothing further to see here. Move along.
                    I think you may be right, which speaks volumes as to what culture the NCHA wants to project. Kind of hard to believe that the other institutions in the conference want that as the face of their conference and schools.

The only thing I can imagine is that with the holiday break, the conference has not taken it up yet... ya, probably not!!

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
                      At the upper levels, the different conferences issue suspensions, I am assuming that D3 does not do this.
                      D3 definitely works this way also.
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
                        If that's the culture of the Institution, there are problems far greater than what is happening on the ice. To begin, I imagine that ACTV, the airer of the game is funded with College funds. I cannot imagine the institution would want that play-by-play person to be the voice of the college. That video is available on Youtube, and definitely presents the face of the college to the general public.

Second, if this was the first series between these two institutions, I wonder how the bad blood was created so quickly. Sometimes, even in college hockey, fights happen. But what happened in this game was a "mugging". The camera guy was probably watching the game and decided not to follow the play with the camera, so the initial blows were not recorded. But when one place gets the upper hand, as did the AC player, he landed a couple of real solid blows, the game dictates, at all levels, the altercation has been won, time to back off. I would agree that if the second participant wants to keep going, sure. However, this did not seem to be the case. As I said, this was a mugging.

Does anyone know if this is a multi year commitment?
                        This was only the 2nd time these teams have met. Last year in the Codfish Bowl in Boston Salve beat Adrian 6-2. 10 minor penalties called in that game 6 for Salve 4 for Adrian.

Really surprised the NCHA hasn't done anything or issued a statement. Referee suspensions or disciplines or Supplemental discipline for the players?

Comment

Originally posted by nefan View Post
                          This was only the 2nd time these teams have met. Last year in the Codfish Bowl in Boston Salve beat Adrian 6-2. 10 minor penalties called in that game 6 for Salve 4 for Adrian.

Really surprised the NCHA hasn't done anything or issued a statement. Referee suspensions or disciplines or Supplemental discipline for the players?
                          Well, it's D-3... Only sanctimonious when it wants to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            Well, it's D-3... Only sanctimonious when it wants to be.
                            The bottom line is the two referees are not very experienced and almost got an athlete very seriously hurt by allowing a fight to go on and allow a player to be put in a vulnerable position for some time without stepping in. They are cowards and completely unqualified for this level of play and it showed for this series. Two top teams in the country come together and they turned it into a special teams series by calling 20 penalties each game. I watch division one and pro hockey and it is nowhere near the amount of penalties called in division 3. The game is being ruined and taken out of athletes hands. People don’t come to watch referees blow the whistle and take over games. The same pair of referees were used for both nights I see also which seems odd to me. Has anyone else ever seen that before. I read that the Salve Regina players actually raised the money to fly out to play Adrian because the school does not give them much of a budget at all. For instance in their run to the NCAA tournament last year I read they had to buy sticks from a local pro shop and borrow tape and other supplies from the other teams in the frozen four. If this is true it’s a real shame what is happening in division 3 Hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehockey11 View Post
                              The bottom line is the two referees are not very experienced and almost got an athlete very seriously hurt by allowing a fight to go on and allow a player to be put in a vulnerable position for some time without stepping in. They are cowards and completely unqualified for this level of play and it showed for this series. Two top teams in the country come together and they turned it into a special teams series by calling 20 penalties each game. I watch division one and pro hockey and it is nowhere near the amount of penalties called in division 3. The game is being ruined and taken out of athletes hands. People don’t come to watch referees blow the whistle and take over games. The same pair of referees were used for both nights I see also which seems odd to me. Has anyone else ever seen that before. I read that the Salve Regina players actually raised the money to fly out to play Adrian because the school does not give them much of a budget at all. For instance in their run to the NCAA tournament last year I read they had to buy sticks from a local pro shop and borrow tape and other supplies from the other teams in the frozen four. If this is true it’s a real shame what is happening in division 3 Hockey.
                              Can’t agree with you more regarding the first half of your statement. Referees, Adrian Officisls, coaches, and NCHA commissioner have all done nothing since this fight occurs two weeks ago. That’s the biggest disgrace. No suspensions to anyone???

Regarding the 2nd half of your statement. A lot of D3 teams raise money for trips, sticks, gear, etc... That’s the norm for most. Some have a lot more alumni support than others and don’t have to work so hard to get those extra funds. Also you see a lot of the D# Tehran’s that deal directly with the local pro shops through the manufacturer top get gear, sticks, skates, etc... So heading over to the local pro shop to grab a stick or trade on in is normal. I also seriously doubt the borrowing of tape from the other teams actually occurred In Lake Placid, but you never know. With Salve’s recent success hopefully some alum or two with strep up and help their rink situation. A move over to St. George’s closer to campus and a build out new locker room and coaches area would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by nefan View Post
                                Can’t agree with you more regarding the first half of your statement. Referees, Adrian Officisls, coaches, and NCHA commissioner have all done nothing since this fight occurs two weeks ago. That’s the biggest disgrace. No suspensions to anyone???

Regarding the 2nd half of your statement. A lot of D3 teams raise money for trips, sticks, gear, etc... That’s the norm for most. Some have a lot more alumni support than others and don’t have to work so hard to get those extra funds. Also you see a lot of the D# Tehran’s that deal directly with the local pro shops through the manufacturer top get gear, sticks, skates, etc... So heading over to the local pro shop to grab a stick or trade on in is normal. I also seriously doubt the borrowing of tape from the other teams actually occurred In Lake Placid, but you never know. With Salve’s recent success hopefully some alum or two with strep up and help their rink situation. A move over to St. George’s closer to campus and a build out new locker room and coaches area would be great.
                                As the parent of a Salve Alum, I can say the school is not shy when it comes to fundraising...but it is understandable the recent success of the program may have been sooner than expected and they have not mounted a campaign for athletics or hockey in particular. Yes, all programs have some sort of external fundraising - the Blue Line Club in Oz has been very active and supportive for years....essential part of the program......
                                LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Working...
                                X