Score:
      T USA: //
      T FIN: //

Power Plays:
      USA: //
      FIN: //

Comment

• Re: World Juniors 2019 Vancouver

Next year, a bracket with USA, Russia, AND Canada. Talk about rough...

Comment

• Congrats Suomi.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

That was a great third period. Downfall for the Americans was going 0-5 on the man advantage
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I chilled out since we were winning games, but I really hate having Q. Hughes on our team. For someone who hogs the puck so much, he was pretty absent from the score sheet (haven’t found player stats but have watched enough). I know I’m not one to talk with the 2 d-men on ice for gwg being from my school, but #7 coughed up valuable puck possession twice in the last minute and a half with goalie pulled trying to do too much, one time he tried to skate between what, 3 Finns? That’s worse than dump and chase with a goalie pulled since he essentially handed them the puck. Plenty of guys on the team I wouldn’t mind to have at UMD but they can keep that guy.
              Last edited by UMD21; 01-05-2019, 09:41 PM.
              I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                That was a great third period. Downfall for the Americans was going 0-5 on the man advantage
                You hit it on the nail, plus credit the Finns they played hard all game long.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                  No kidding. Aside from those couple blips in the 3rd, goalie stood on his head.

Comment

This team vastly overachieved. Quinn Hughes, Mikey Anderson, Jason Robertson, Joel Farabee? Really? Sorry, but no comparison to talent level of previous gold medal teams. Not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                      This team vastly overachieved. Quinn Hughes, Mikey Anderson, Jason Robertson, Joel Farabee? Really? Sorry, but no comparison to talent level of previous gold medal teams. Not even close.
                      Some times good teams don't all have to be stars.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                        I chilled out since we were winning games, but I really hate having Q. Hughes on our team. For someone who hogs the puck so much, he was pretty absent from the score sheet (haven’t found player stats but have watched enough). I know I’m not one to talk with the 2 d-men on ice for gwg being from my school, but #7 coughed up valuable puck possession twice in the last minute and a half with goalie pulled trying to do too much, one time he tried to skate between what, 3 Finns? That’s worse than dump and chase with a goalie pulled since he essentially handed them the puck. Plenty of guys on the team I wouldn’t mind to have at UMD but they can keep that guy.
                        Over-all great tournament for the U.S. As other's have said this team vastly exceeded expectations and overachieved. Fully agree on Q Hughes. He is phenomenal skater but has a low IQ for the game. Not only was he a turnover machine but how many times was he out of position? It's one thing to be an offensive rover but having your forwards constantly back checking and covering your spots negates any offensive chances he may generate during games. I wasn't terribly impressed with his younger brother either. He may indeed end up being the number 1 overall this year but he is far from a generational talent like a McDavid or even an Eichel, as many pundits were calling him prior to the start of this year.
                        The U.S. does have a very very deep and talented 2001 class so I expect to see gold hanging around their necks within the next two years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                          Anybody have a replay of winning goal? I had just deleted my recording of game when my buddy sent a screen shot taken with his phone (grainy) saying a Finn had his foot in the crease on that goal, yet it counted.

As for the Hughes, the only negative I had on Jack was how often he would carry down behind goal line and just fling it to the center of the net without trying to connect with a teammate. Usually resulted in opponent breaking out. He has some crazy puck skills. Quinn, on the other hand, while he could move it up ice and hold onto it and set guys up well as well as had some good defensive plays, would make a couple dumb plays per game, sometimes resulting in goals. The one that surprised me the most for someone at this level was in last nights game when it was a Finland 2 on 2 and Quinn's partner was near the puck-carrier and Quinn left his guy to also go to the puck. Squirts should know better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                            Some times good teams don't all have to be stars.
                            1980 Olympic team comes to mind
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                              Anybody have a replay of winning goal? I had just deleted my recording of game when my buddy sent a screen shot taken with his phone (grainy) saying a Finn had his foot in the crease on that goal, yet it counted.

As for the Hughes, the only negative I had on Jack was how often he would carry down behind goal line and just fling it to the center of the net without trying to connect with a teammate. Usually resulted in opponent breaking out. He has some crazy puck skills. Quinn, on the other hand, while he could move it up ice and hold onto it and set guys up well as well as had some good defensive plays, would make a couple dumb plays per game, sometimes resulting in goals. The one that surprised me the most for someone at this level was in last nights game when it was a Finland 2 on 2 and Quinn's partner was near the puck-carrier and Quinn left his guy to also go to the puck. Squirts should know better.
                              https://youtu.be/AWWWTd-0dl8

Comment

• Originally posted by bothman View Post
                                Hindsight is 20/20. Perhaps you say that the team a few years back was better because you are now familiar with their names in the NHL. In a few years when these guys have had the chance to make a name for themselves in the NHL, you may change your tune. And talent alone doesn’t win championships as evident with many of the last D1 blue collar champions over the last decade. Team chemistry was I thought pretty on point with selfless play save for #7 which is ironic that he plays so selfishly given that his own younger brother is better. Perhaps trying to compensate for his envy towards lil bro? Also I think Q Hughes is the perfect example why top talent teams haven’t worked lately when you got all these guys thrown together on a team who are more concerned of their own stats than the team’s success. I can’t help but think perhaps he was the difference between a gold and silver medal had someone else been in his place. Someone like that has to wreak havoc on team chemistry. I’m suck of ragging on the guy but I thought he would adjust his play to the level of competition he was up against it. To summarize: with 4.5 minutes left in the game, the announcers talked about how important puck possession was and actually criticized Cockerill for trying to go up against too many defenders snd coughing up the puck giving them numbers the other way. Why Q Hughes was immune to those criticisms is beyond me
                                Last edited by UMD21; 01-06-2019, 02:05 PM.
                                I wanna go fast!

Comment

Working...
                                X