Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: World Juniors 2019 Vancouver

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    The defending D is supposed to take the pass away so his goalie can focus exclusively on the shooter.
    But they didn't. That's the point. The pass was wide open and would have basically been a tap-in goal, but by the time the puck carrier made a decision he was in too deep and there was no angle to make a pass - primarily because he was fooling around doodling with the puck. You have to make that decision EARLY or else it's easier to cover both options.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
      But they didn't. That's the point. The pass was wide open and would have basically been a tap-in goal, but by the time the puck carrier made a decision he was in too deep and there was no angle to make a pass - primarily because he was fooling around doodling with the puck. You have to make that decision EARLY or else it's easier to cover both options.
      Well that's on the puck carrier for holding onto the puck too long AND on the D for leaving the pass open - just poor execution all around. I was merely offering an explanation to your original observation of "hardly anyone passes the puck on a 2 on 1 anymore".
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        Well that's on the puck carrier for holding onto the puck too long AND on the D for leaving the pass open - just poor execution all around. I was merely offering an explanation to your original observation of "hardly anyone passes the puck on a 2 on 1 anymore".
        Happy New Year everyone! Hopefully the 3rd period will continue the way the first two did...Finland doesn't seem to have their legs tonight so maybe the US can finish this one off.

Comment

Nice win.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
            Nice win.
            Yes. They were pretty much in control the entire game. And a big one because they stay in Victoria AND avoid Team Canada.

Comment

USA vs FIN HIGHLIGHTS

Comment

Yes. They were pretty much in control the entire game. And a big one because they stay in Victoria AND avoid Team Canada.
                Didn't seem to bother Russia [Canada]

Comment

...and try to seek revenge against those that took us out of the Olympics.

Comment

One thing I've noticed watching these games. Hardly anyone passes the puck on a 2 on 1 anymore. I just saw this twice in the last ten minutes (once in the Canada/Russia game and again in the USA/Finland game). They all try that "drag" move and usually either lose control or by the time they regain control it's too late. Just an observation...
                    Sweden beat the US in OT on a textbook 2 on 1 execution the other night.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

• Some pretty good quarterfinal matchups. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if there was a “upset” or two. (All game times Eastern)

Sweden vs. Switzerland 4pm
                      Canada vs. Finland 6:30pm
                      USA vs. Czech Republic 8pm
                      Russia vs. Slovakia 10:30pm
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

• Re: World Juniors 2019 Vancouver

So has Cayden Primeau nailed down the starting goalie job or do they go back to Keyser?
                        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                          So has Cayden Primeau nailed down the starting goalie job or do they go back to Keyser?
                          I want Primeau in net for the semifinal if they're going to keep going back and forth. I know you've got to win the quarterfinal to get to the semifinal, but I'm a bit more interested in seeing him vs. a potential matchup against Russia.
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            Sweden beat the US in OT on a textbook 2 on 1 execution the other night.
                            Yes. Because the defenseman was in no man's land and tried to play both players by staying in the middle. So after the first pass he was forced to commit, leaving the scorer wide open. He should have "picked" one of the players to cover and leave the other one to the goalie. The Swedes made the unselfish, and correct, play by forcing him to commit. But also, they made the passes early enough so they could do something with the puck before they got in too deep.

My original point was that in the two previously aforementioned instances, the defenseman was right on top of the guy with the puck, making the ONLY feasible play a pass to the wide open wing, but in both instances the puck carrier elected to try to dipsy-doo past the defender with a one-on-one "toe drag" move instead of making the obvious pass to a WIDE OPEN forward.

In any event, let's hope they can keep it going. They probably got the best possible draw you could hope for (I mean, they're going to have to play Canada or Russia at some point, but at least they won't have to play both).

Comment

US vs. Czech at 8pm eastern. NHL Network. Win or go home.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                                US vs. Czech at 8pm eastern. NHL Network. Win or go home.
                                Hoping NHL network covers the Canada game prior to switching over the the US game, but not holding my breath.
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X