World Juniors 2019 Vancouver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Juniors 2019 Vancouver

Can't say that I agree with that call on the disallowed goal. Sure there was a player near or in the blue paint but there was not any goalie interference.

Ryan Poehling named tournament MVP.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
      Can't say that I agree with that call on the disallowed goal. Sure there was a player near or in the blue paint but there was not any goalie interference.

Ryan Poehling named tournament MVP.
      This isn't college rules. Just being in the crease at the shot is grounds for a call in international play.

Comment

I came "this" close to buying a flight to Vancouver yesterday...missed a great game but glad I decided not to...
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          This isn't college rules. Just being in the crease at the shot is grounds for a call in international play.
          Pretty sure his foot was out of the crease by the time the shot was taken though.

Comment

If an attacking skater is in the goal crease at the moment the puck
            crosses the plane of the goal line and his position in no way affects
            the goaltender’s ability to make a save or play his position properly,
            the goal will be allowed.

From IIHF rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
              Pretty sure his foot was out of the crease by the time the shot was taken though.
              It was. I was a bit shocked that they said no goal
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                Why Q Hughes was immune to those criticisms is beyond me
                It seems like the Hughes family is almost royalty amongst some members of the media. Starman rarely if ever criticized either one of them and I really like and enjoy reading/following Chris Peters’ coverage but he’s got a huge hard on for the Hughes as well. I just don’t see it with Quinn Hughes. Great skater and creative but such a liability. I just don’t see his game translating well to the NHL.
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  It seems like the Hughes family is almost royalty amongst some members of the media. Starman rarely if ever criticized either one of them and I really like and enjoy reading/following Chris Peters’ coverage but he’s got a huge hard on for the Hughes as well. I just don’t see it with Quinn Hughes. Great skater and creative but such a liability. I just don’t see his game translating well to the NHL.
                  We'll see, but the trend in the NHL seems to be towards mobile, offensively gifted defensemen. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he not only makes it in the NHL, but eventually becomes an all star.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    As someone that's watched Quinn Hughes for a season and a half...you're right that he can be a liability. He's also incredibly skilled/talented. Obviously you have to have teammates (especially his D partner) aware and ready to cover when he pinches. Sometimes he can be a puck hog and try to carry the team. I have also seen evidence of his game maturing, and I believe it will continue to do so. While he seems small for an NHL defensemen, I think he'll be an asset to whatever team he is on.

He's fun to watch with the puck, so I can understand the fawning over him, even if there are parts of his game that need improvement.
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                      As someone that's watched Quinn Hughes for a season and a half...you're right that he can be a liability. He's also incredibly skilled/talented. Obviously you have to have teammates (especially his D partner) aware and ready to cover when he pinches. Sometimes he can be a puck hog and try to carry the team. I have also seen evidence of his game maturing, and I believe it will continue to do so. While he seems small for an NHL defensemen, I think he'll be an asset to whatever team he is on.

He's fun to watch with the puck, so I can understand the fawning over him, even if there are parts of his game that need improvement.
                      That's a perfect assessment of his game, from what I've seen.
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                      X