Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: World Juniors 2019 Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by Koho View Post
    Pretty sure his foot was out of the crease by the time the shot was taken though.
    It was. I was a bit shocked that they said no goal

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Quote Originally Posted by UMD21 View Post
    Why Q Hughes was immune to those criticisms is beyond me
    It seems like the Hughes family is almost royalty amongst some members of the media. Starman rarely if ever criticized either one of them and I really like and enjoy reading/following Chris Petersí coverage but heís got a huge hard on for the Hughes as well. I just donít see it with Quinn Hughes. Great skater and creative but such a liability. I just donít see his game translating well to the NHL.

Re: World Juniors 2019 Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    It seems like the Hughes family is almost royalty amongst some members of the media. Starman rarely if ever criticized either one of them and I really like and enjoy reading/following Chris Petersí coverage but heís got a huge hard on for the Hughes as well. I just donít see it with Quinn Hughes. Great skater and creative but such a liability. I just donít see his game translating well to the NHL.
    We'll see, but the trend in the NHL seems to be towards mobile, offensively gifted defensemen. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he not only makes it in the NHL, but eventually becomes an all star.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

not particularly bad

Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    As someone that's watched Quinn Hughes for a season and a half...you're right that he can be a liability. He's also incredibly skilled/talented. Obviously you have to have teammates (especially his D partner) aware and ready to cover when he pinches. Sometimes he can be a puck hog and try to carry the team. I have also seen evidence of his game maturing, and I believe it will continue to do so. While he seems small for an NHL defensemen, I think he'll be an asset to whatever team he is on.

He's fun to watch with the puck, so I can understand the fawning over him, even if there are parts of his game that need improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    As someone that's watched Quinn Hughes for a season and a half...you're right that he can be a liability. He's also incredibly skilled/talented. Obviously you have to have teammates (especially his D partner) aware and ready to cover when he pinches. Sometimes he can be a puck hog and try to carry the team. I have also seen evidence of his game maturing, and I believe it will continue to do so. While he seems small for an NHL defensemen, I think he'll be an asset to whatever team he is on.

He's fun to watch with the puck, so I can understand the fawning over him, even if there are parts of his game that need improvement.
    That's a perfect assessment of his game, from what I've seen.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Thread Information