Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ferris State, Bob Daniels MUST GO!!

Re: Ferris State, Bob Daniels MUST GO!!

Ferris State will also need to find a way to pay their coach more. Daniels makes less than $140k/year.

Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    Why would a top USHL take a pay cut and a cut in resources to move from a top program in his league to Ferris?
    It is called investment. As was mentioned before. If they want to compete, they need to invest. Just like Tech, Mankato and Bowling Green figured out several years ago.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Yeah, does the thread starter have any other opinions other than "fire the coach, AD, anyone associated with the team?"

We had someone like this on the NMU threads for a bit. Had no idea on a replacement, or how to make the team better, but was adamant the AD should fire Walt Kyle. The poster left when Kyle's contract ran out.
    Thanks for your comment, I did mention when I started this thread that FSU need to get younger, hunger coach that want to prove himself and give it all in for FSU.... and is able to get players to buy in his system.... the reason I don't name few coaches is because I haven't heard any interests from young coaches, assistant coaches that would like to coach for FSU... I just need Bob Daniels to be gone and start fresh new with new ideas and new style of play.
    Born-raised Ferris State fan!

Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
    Maybe before you let him go you should fix your crappy rink. Just sayin...

Granted the rink is not the prettiest one in WCHA but they have one of the best ice sheet in WCHA...they need to knock down the roof and raise it up little bit so they can put scoreboard in the middle of the rink and add the seats behind the benches... they have room to do that... but the big question is, does we have money and will the administration will do something about the arena?

Quote Originally Posted by Deejpuck View Post
    Thanks for your comment, I did mention when I started this thread that FSU need to get younger, hunger coach that want to prove himself and give it all in for FSU.... and is able to get players to buy in his system.... the reason I don't name few coaches is because I haven't heard any interests from young coaches, assistant coaches that would like to coach for FSU... I just need Bob Daniels to be gone and start fresh new with new ideas and new style of play.

What kind of playing style would you recommend?

I would argue a lot of Bob Daniels style of play is dictated by your rink. Close to half of FSU games are played on that micro sheet of ice where there is little to no space. If you want wide open, fast paced, back and forth action, a bigger sheet of ice may be required.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Husky View Post
    What kind of playing style would you recommend?

I would argue a lot of Bob Daniels style of play is dictated by your rink. Close to half of FSU games are played on that micro sheet of ice where there is little to no space. If you want wide open, fast paced, back and forth action, a bigger sheet of ice may be required.

Similar how Minnesota State style, we do have room to wide the ice, I have no idea why they don't do that...

Similar how Minnesota State style, we do have room to wide the ice, I have no idea why they don't do that...
    The cost.

I don't think that 60's too old for a college coach. What's happened with AC's over the last bit? Where have the players come from compared to five years ago?

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

We went from olympic to NHL sized when hastings got hired. We shrunk. Definitely need to get the right players to run the system you want

Quote Originally Posted by MavsFan19 View Post
    We went from olympic to NHL sized when hastings got hired. We shrunk. Definitely need to get the right players to run the system you want
    Verizon Centerís ice isnít NHL sized. Itís 200x90 so itís halfway between NHL and Olympic.

Quote Originally Posted by BGDrew View Post
    Verizon Centerís ice isnít NHL sized. Itís 200x90 so itís halfway between NHL and Olympic.
    Sorry we are almost NHL sized.

NMU Floor Hockey Champs 87-88

Quote Originally Posted by gfmorris View Post
    I don't think that 60's too old for a college coach. What's happened with AC's over the last bit? Where have the players come from compared to five years ago?

GFM
    Miami just fired their coach. I think he is good, just got a little stale, not to mention a tough conference. As a Northern fan, I'd prefer you keep things the same, though.
    ďThey are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.Ē
    Ė Lewis B. Chesty Puller
    when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

NMU Floor Hockey Champs 87-88

Quote Originally Posted by gfmorris View Post

GFM
    Good to hear. I am still in the running for another year or two.
    ďThey are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.Ē
    Ė Lewis B. Chesty Puller
    when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Seeing Other People

Granted the rink is not the prettiest one in WCHA but they have one of the best ice sheet in WCHA...they need to knock down the roof and raise it up little bit so they can put scoreboard in the middle of the rink and add the seats behind the benches... they have room to do that... but the big question is, does we have money and will the administration will do something about the arena?
    Why would Ferris actually add capacity? It's not like they have 2500 fans waiting to get into every game.

Seeing Other People

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Husky View Post
    They play on 200x85, just like about 90% of college hockey.

Too far from Houghton to be at the Mac for every game

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
    They play on 200x85, just like about 90% of college hockey.
    I question the 200'.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Seeing Other People

Quote Originally Posted by BGDrew View Post
    Ferris State will also need to find a way to pay their coach more. Daniels makes less than $140k/year.
    Yikes. If this is accurate, no wonder they're in no rush to fire him.

I question the 85 as well

Shopping for a defenseman to replace Lidstrom

This just hit my Twitter feed this evening. Let's pump the brakes on this bandwagon for a little while. Get to the middle of this article and you'll see why.

https://fsutorch.com/2019/04/10/creating-a-legacy/

Coach Daniels has been through some serious **** the past couple years. As far as I'm concerned, he gets a free pass until further notice. He's done more than enough for this program to earn it.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Too far from Houghton to be at the Mac for every game

Thanks for sharing this. I've always been a Daniels fan. Even more now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thread Information