Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ferris State, Bob Daniels MUST GO!!

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    I’ve never been to Ferris, but from what I’ve it sounds like they have a decent home ice advantage due to the...uniqueness...of their barn.
    It is unique, no doubt. I always enjoy going over there when I can. The fans are friendly and good to talk to.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      I'd focus on replacing that ****box arena before going after the coach. How many high end players want to go D1 and play in a high school level barn?
      It was fine when Chris Kunitz played there...
      Born-raised Ferris State fan!

Comment

Originally posted by Deejpuck View Post
        It was fine when Chris Kunitz played there...
        A lot has changed in college hockey since Kunitz was around.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

ohhh look other L to Minnesota, 5-3..... here come other L tonight, i predict 7-2 Minnesota

Comment

Originally posted by Deejpuck View Post
            ohhh look other L to Minnesota, 5-3..... here come other L tonight, i predict 7-2 Minnesota
            Give it up. If it bothers you this much go watch FSU bouncyball (if you are a Ferris fan at all). I hear they have a good squad.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Considering the Bulldogs record in the last five years shows only one .500+ season (inc. this season), it's time to consider a coaching change. In fact, 65% of FSU teams over the course of Daniels 25 yr. tenure have been under .500. He's been there too long and obviously lost some of his edge as a coach and recruiter. It happens. Despite the current arms race of recruiting through facility upgrades, players still place more priority today on knowledgeable and successful coaching, than a renovated weight room or even a new arena.
              Last edited by SteveO; 12-29-2018, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                Considering the Bulldogs record in the last five years shows only one .500+ season (inc. this season), it's time to consider a coaching change. In fact, 65% of FSU teams over the course of Daniels 25 yr. tenure have been under .500. He's been there too long and obviously lost some of his edge as a coach and recruiter. It happens. Despite the current arms race of recruiting through facility upgrades, players still place more priority today on knowledgeable and successful coaching, than a renovated weight room or even a new arena.
                The arms race is far more than facility upgrades. Recruiting budgets play a big part as well. Can your coaches visit as many players as many times as Minnesota State or Bowling Green. When you go out for dinner on the road, what quality are the meals? What kind of hotels are you staying at.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

And for long away trips do they fly or ride the bus? Last night the Ferris State bus was parked on the street on the north side of the arena. Wouldn't the Gophers fly if the games were in Big Rapids, which Google says is 644 miles away?
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    And for long away trips do they fly or ride the bus? Last night the Ferris State bus was parked on the street on the north side of the arena. Wouldn't the Gophers fly if the games were in Big Rapids, which Google says is 644 miles away?
                    Gophers would prob fly, because bigger budget.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      Gophers would prob fly, because bigger budget.
                      For a team without any drive, there aren't a lot of options.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                        For a team without any drive, there aren't a lot of options.
                        Well played, and truth. A golf clap to you, sir.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Win? interesting... they are bound to win sometimes.. but they will still finish last in WCHA anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                            Bingo!! you hit the nail on head.... Daniels doesn't have "IT" anymore.. it s time for us to go other route....

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                              Give it up. If it bothers you this much go watch FSU bouncyball (if you are a Ferris fan at all). I hear they have a good squad.

Yeah they are the best in nation, glad you knew about them!!

BTW.. i am Ferris fan since I was born, I will always follows Bulldogs sports until I die, no matter where I am, I will always check and try to catch couples games, either on TV or in person.

So I think I am qualified to discuss about Ferris Hockey on where they are at right now.

Comment

Bob Daniels is a coaching genius! They beat a storied program like the Golden Gophers on the road. Time for a contract extension!

Comment

Working...
                                X