X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.44: "That's Not Law" said Trump

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Is it just me, or does it seem excessive to anybody else when we have end-to-end coverage of GHWB's corpse from one destination to the next? Give people the ceremonies, but the train ride is just too much.
    Can we film the operation?
    Is the head dead yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      Is it just me, or does it seem excessive to anybody else when we have end-to-end coverage of GHWB's corpse from one destination to the next? Give people the ceremonies, but the train ride is just too much.
      You should have seen Bobby Kennedy's.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        What else is 24/7 news going to do?
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          The Senate is already effectively gerrymandered through the increasing urban/rural political divide -- more Democratic voters are crammed into fewer states.
          Meh, yes and no. Texas gets 2 Senators and so does Vermont. Look, that's the way the system works. But saying Dems have a structural disadvantage is Kepler/Scooby type fear mongering. Bill Clinton won 31 states in 1996. Obama won the same amount in 2008. The bottom line is some years you'll have an advantage and some years you won't, but its a 50/50 Senate because its a 50/50 country. IIRC from 1992-2016 Dem Prez candidates won about 23 states 5 out of 7 times. That would give them a hypothetical advantage to get 46 seats. Then they've split 3 states (OH, VA, FL). So, about a 50/50 split depending on whether its a good year or not. Note this does not include states like NC or AZ which have either been close losses or potential new battlegrounds.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            And where are the conservatives who don’t like this? Perhaps I’m not searching enough but where are the Rs saying how this is wrong? Or is it really condoned so they can keep power? Because they won’t stop at three states . They are literally ignoring the will of the voters
            Is this just a deliberately obtuse post, or do you really not get this?

Some of you here, along with a bunch of halfwits in Wisconsin, Michigan and elsewhere don't get that this is lame duck legislation?? Lame duck legislation occurs literally every single time there is a change in power from one party to the other at either the state or federal level. The outgoing party knows "it's now or never" and the incoming party screams "foul" (although admittedly not with the shrillness of some of the D's in Wisconsin).

There is nothing illegal about it. There is nothing evil about it. It's no different than if they had passed the legislation last February. Personally I wouldn't pass a bunch of legislation like Wisconsin's since it's shortsighted -- there will almost certainly come a time when the Wisconsin legislature is controlled by the D's and the Governor is an R, but that's really their problem.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
              To me, it sounds less like the evil mastermind project by a handful of oligarchs driven by the top down. If it were just willing accomplices executing this high level master plan...I would think someone, somewhere would have outed it. I believe that the extreme players are in the state legislatures and are driving this from the bottoms up...cuz that's where its happening. That doesn't mean that the national GOP won't seize upon it. Again, who knows for sure.
              Pretty sure there was nothing to out. It's not like what they were doing was illegal, or any big secret. Now, some of the steps they were taking to implement it were probably pretty shady, but still, just politics as usual.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Some of you here, along with a bunch of halfwits in Wisconsin, Michigan and elsewhere don't get that this is lame duck legislation?? Lame duck legislation occurs literally every single time there is a change in power from one party to the other at either the state or federal level. The outgoing party knows "it's now or never" and the incoming party screams "foul" (although admittedly not with the shrillness of some of the D's in Wisconsin).

There is nothing illegal about it. There is nothing evil about it. It's no different than if they had passed the legislation last February. Personally I wouldn't pass a bunch of legislation like Wisconsin's since it's shortsighted -- there will almost certainly come a time when the Wisconsin legislature is controlled by the D's and the Governor is an R, but that's really their problem.
                It is pretty ******* different than if they passed this in Feb. In Feb it would have been sincere legislation for something they believed in, clipping the power of the executive even though he was from their own party. Now it is a BS partisan power grab. Someone's obtuse, just not who you think.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                  It is pretty ******* different than if they passed this in Feb. In Feb it would have been sincere legislation for something they believed in, clipping the power of the executive even though he was from their own party. Now it is a BS partisan power grab. Someone's obtuse, just not who you think.
                  Especially since they had previously passed legislation giving Walker all these powers that they now want to strip away from the governor's office.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

You’re the one who is obtuse if you think stripping these powers is usual lame duck activity.

Comment

Sorry but this isn't usual lame duck BS.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

They are trying to modify ballot proposals that we, the majority of the voters, voted for as written. In Michigan, They are also trying to strip campaign finance oversight powers from the SecState-elect, and that bill is sponsored by a guy who has been investigated and fined for violations multiple times.

So yeah, nitwit, you can pretty much get the fark outta here with that "both-sides" bullsh*t.
                        Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 12-06-2018, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Yes, I remember all those democrats burning the government down when they lost in 1994 and 2010. Oh wait, they didn't happen.

Take that weak arse BSABSVR bullshiat outta here, meat.

Comment

If this is just business as usual, you should have no problem finding examples of Democrats weakening the powers of an office they just lost in an election. If you think that is ok, sorry, you're a POS.

Comment

This one drank the GOP Kool-Aid.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

You may have just passed Drew as the dumbest poster on USCHO

Comment

Working...
                                X