This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    You're looking for a compromise to satisfy all parties involved, and that is appreciated. A buddy who immigrated from Ireland a couple years ago, and whose status was in limbo when Trump was elected, was worried. Had an American wife, mgr at a chain restaurant, etc...one of the "good" ones. Got his full citizenship a year later, thankfully. He jumped through all the hoops, took all the tests, etc. Very happy for him. Anyone who does that? Yep, welcome to America.
    Helps that he was white.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.44: "That's Not Law" said Trump

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      Helps that he was white.
      How do you know he's white? Just because he's from Ireland? Are there no black Irishmen?

Your statement is rather racist.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        You don't believe that bad people try to enter the country?
        Yeah, I hated when those 9/11 hijackers snuck into the US over the Mexican border.

If only there had been something there to stop them.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          I admittedly have not done an economic analysis of what the amount of increased revenue would be (if any). However, I did see in an article last night that of the approximately 4.4 million "illegal" immigrants currently paying taxes, they have paid approximately $26 Billion since 2013 (I believe that was the year), yet have received very little actual benefit from their tax contributions.
          That's true, but would mean that giving them citizenship would cost additional money, not bring in more to pay for a wall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            How do you know he's white? Just because he's from Ireland? Are there no black Irishmen?
            Isn't he?

Comment

Agents have started firing tear gas at migrants at the Southern Border.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Yeah, I hated when those 9/11 hijackers snuck into the US over the Mexican border.

If only there had been something there to stop them.
                Good lord. Nice strawman argument. I'll say it again, if you want to argue with my proposal, at least look at my proposal.
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                  That's true, but would mean that giving them citizenship would cost additional money, not bring in more to pay for a wall.
                  That's a good point. I don't think either of us really know one way or the other whether the proposal would lead to a net positive/negative revenue impact, but it would be interesting to see how the numbers would actually shake out.
                  North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                    Good lord. Nice strawman argument. I'll say it again, if you want to argue with my proposal, at least look at my proposal.
                    I looked at your proposal. We have existing ports of entry like Ellis Island right now. Trump isn't letting people through them. Obama proposed a path toward citizenship. The Repubs were having none of it.

Got any more brilliant ideas?

Comment

I looked at your proposal. We have existing ports of entry like Ellis Island right now. Trump isn't letting people through them. Obama proposed a path toward citizenship. The Repubs were having none of it.

Got any more brilliant ideas?
                      Do you agree with the proposal or not? And if not, what is your proposal?
                      North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        The economy passed a majority of the Wall Crowd by years ago. They decided they would rather whine about it than retrain and move to where the jobs are. That part is on them.
                        Yeah that is why the coal workers hated Clinton. She wanted to pay for them to get trained in a better job (that wont give them cancer) but they wanted the mines back! Apparently you can catch stupidity like cancer down in the mines
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                          Some of us did...you never responded.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Some of us did...you never responded.
                            I guess I missed it. What is your proposal?
                            North Dakota

Comment

Isn't he?
                              Why does it matter? He went through the process. As long as immigrants go through the process, cool.

Your assumption reveals a little something about your thinking and prejudices.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Brent the supposed problems of illegal immigration isn completely overblown and it can be argued quite easily there is a net positive gain from it in this country. Posting from my phone but I'll provide data from several legit sources later that will back that up.

Comment

Working...
                                X