Time For The Annual "Who's going to start a NESCAC thread?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minnesotan in vermont View Post
    What is going on in Middlebury?! The Panthers I've seen play so far this season bear no resemblance whatsoever to the rag-tags who spent most of the last 3 seasons staring into the headlights. They are coming off their first 4 point NESCAC weekend since the 2013-14 season, and they are playing exciting hockey from end to end and start to finish with every line contributing. I hope they can continue this level of play as it was fun to be in Chip Kenyon arena these past 2 days.
    I mentioned this last weekend after seeing Middlebury play live twice. Totally different type of team this year. Kudos to Panthers and keep it up!
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Re: Time For The Annual "Who's going to start a NESCAC thread?" thread

Originally posted by OLD GUY '61 View Post
      Hard to score with backhanders...
      Plays "I'm a believer" on the PA system

Comment

What's changed in Middlebury this season?!! It would be a bit premature to start planning for the playoffs or anything like that, but thus far they look like a completely different team. In fact, they look like a team. In just 3 games they have scored 10 goals (notched their 10th last season on December 30th), won 2 away games (they only won 2 in 2017-18), outshot their opponents in 2 games (a feat they accomplished 3 times last season), and have 2 more empty netters than in the entire last season. I hope they can continue playing at this level.
        Anybody know when the Panthers are coming back from the holiday break? Not the same team that left.

Comment

In the third period of yesterday's Bowdoin Middlebury game, Bowdoin took a penalty shot for a Delay of Game penalty against Middlebury. Does anyone know the rules regarding this particular event?

Comment

In the third period of yesterday's Bowdoin Middlebury game, Bowdoin took a penalty shot for a Delay of Game penalty against Middlebury. Does anyone know the rules regarding this particular event?
            Covering the puck in the crease by someone other than the goalie would be my guess?
            GO LAKERS!!!
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Covering the puck in the crease by someone other than the goalie would be my guess?
              okay, sounds right. Thanks

Comment

I believe it can also be assessed for knocking the net off its moorings intentionally to prevent a scoring opp
                #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                  I believe it can also be assessed for knocking the net off its moorings intentionally to prevent a scoring opp
                  That would do it too.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                    True, unless they net is dislodged by the defense while the shot is traveling and the ref judges it would have crossed into the net’s normal position. In that case, they award the goal.
                    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Glad to see Middlebury's got a thread this year.
                      Do you think someone will start a NESCAC thread?

Comment

Well, how about them Westies. Top goaltender of the league, second top scorer. Leading the NESCAC and undefeated in league. They're playing well enough they may well be league champions.

Comment

Originally posted by tjoneslo View Post
                          Well, how about them Westies. Top goaltender of the league, second top scorer. Leading the NESCAC and undefeated in league. They're playing well enough they may well be league champions.
                          It may just come down to the Wesleyan-Trinity series to decide the NESCAC season title. From what I've seen, I think Trinity has the edge.

Comment

Even in Trinity wins both games they can't get enough points to win the season title. Trinity needs to hope someone else beats Wesleyan. I I don't think Bowdoin or Colby have the chops to do that.

I agree with you that Trinity is the better of the two teams.

Comment

Originally posted by tjoneslo View Post
                              Even in Trinity wins both games they can't get enough points to win the season title. Trinity needs to hope someone else beats Wesleyan. I I don't think Bowdoin or Colby have the chops to do that.

I agree with you that Trinity is the better of the two teams.
                              Right. I had thought maybe Williams would intervene.

Comment

Well, Colby managed to do what Williams' could not. Put a game in the loss column for the Cardinals.

So now, next weekend if Trinity manages to win both games, this puts Trinity and Wesleyan in a tie for first place, for which Trinity would own the tie breaker.

Oh, and the Bowdoin/Colby vs Tufts/Conn College is a fight for who gets the last spot in the NESCAC tournament. It will be an interesting weekend next weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X