Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 306

Thread: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

  1. #61
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    South Shore
    Posts
    3,348

    Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

    These 2 have always been my favorite. Can't wait to see this.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2zdFwgUYBg
    A bad cause requires many words.

  2. #62
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    71,286

    Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    These 2 have always been my favorite. Can't wait to see this.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2zdFwgUYBg
    Two of my faves. Great memories of watching them with my grandfather. Going to see this for sure.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  3. #63
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    30,569

    Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    These 2 have always been my favorite. Can't wait to see this.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2zdFwgUYBg
    I so miss Sunday mornings/afternoons as a kid. L&H, Our Gang, Bowry Boys, Blondie, Tarzan movies...

  4. #64
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    116,357

    Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    I could have warned you on that one. I like Maggie Gyllenhaal which is the reason I watched it. I agree with your assessment.
    Same reason I watched it.

    And Laurel/Hardy >>>>>>>>>>>>> Three Stooges, etc. Can't wait to see that movie.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  5. #65
    Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    30,261

    Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

    Kevin Hart is backing out of hosting the Oscars...

    Matt Frattin for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

    Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

    Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

    Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

  6. #66
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    27,026

    Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

    ***?

  7. #67
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    41,117

    Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    ***?
    had some "anti h0m0" tweets in his history.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

  8. #68
    He fixes the cable?
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    22,609
    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    ***?
    Like ten years ago he said his biggest fear is his son being gay, among other tweets and comments in his stand up. He's apologized a few times for them already, and is tired of doing it. Decided to get out of the way so it wasn't a distraction.

  9. #69
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    27,026

    Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

    Good grief. Ten years ago Obama was coming around on bring more accepting of the LGBT community.

    This is all absurd.

  10. #70
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    116,357

    Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    Like ten years ago he said his biggest fear is his son being gay, among other tweets and comments in his stand up. He's apologized a few times for them already, and is tired of doing it. Decided to get out of the way so it wasn't a distraction.
    Yep. The Academy said, "apologize or step down." So he said fuggit and stepped down.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  11. #71
    Loser Teacher
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    39,302

    Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

    As I would have...this crap is getting out of control. At least this wont get the Trumpers all riled up since they would never want to see Kevin Hart anyways

    And the thing is, what he said isnt that bad. It isnt like he went on some long rant about it he made one comment that I have heard plenty of people make including people who are very Gay Rights friendly.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  12. #72
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    71,286

    Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    As I would have...this crap is getting out of control. At least this wont get the Trumpers all riled up since they would never want to see Kevin Hart anyways

    And the thing is, what he said isnt that bad. It isnt like he went on some long rant about it he made one comment that I have heard plenty of people make including people who are very Gay Rights friendly.
    It's fine. It's all predictable given what stage we are at. Someday they won't be able to find anyone with that on their timeline when they go through their list of potential hosts.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  13. #73
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    31,298

    Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

    I saw The Grinch last night. While it wasn't horrible, and there were a few genuinely funny moments for a kids movie, it loses a lot of points because they lost the Dr. Seuss voice in the dialog. No, it wouldn't be easy to keep up the feel and flow of Dr. Suess's original work throughout the movie, but more of an attempt should've been made.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

    "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

  14. #74
    Loser Teacher
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    39,302

    Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    It's fine. It's all predictable given what stage we are at. Someday they won't be able to find anyone with that on their timeline when they go through their list of potential hosts.
    Whats fine...them attacking him for something he said ten years ago? That isnt fine to me especially if he already apologized for it. Not to mention if it was in his act it is a friggin joke. I hear comics say way worse things about every possible group all the time. The snowflakes need to toughen up or go away.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  15. #75
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    71,286

    Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Whats fine...them attacking him for something he said ten years ago? That isnt fine to me especially if he already apologized for it. Not to mention if it was in his act it is a friggin joke. I hear comics say way worse things about every possible group all the time. The snowflakes need to toughen up or go away.
    There's always an overreaction. Always. It'll pass. All this **** is new. Give it 20 years.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  16. #76

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    36,271

    Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

    @TheBabylonBee: Oscars To Be Hosted By Boom Box Playing Inoffensive, Calming Ambient Noise
    https://babylonbee.com/news/oscars-t...-ambient-noise https://twitter.com/TheBabylonBee/st...563586/photo/1

  17. #77
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    South Shore
    Posts
    3,348

    Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

    Seems to be a bit more than what was said during a stand-up comedy routine.

    https://twitter.com/adambvary/status...ets-gay-oscars
    A bad cause requires many words.

  18. #78
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    3,848
    Quote Originally Posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    Seems to be a bit more than what was said during a stand-up comedy routine.

    https://twitter.com/adambvary/status...ets-gay-oscars
    Heís got a lot of tweets using slurs. Itís not just the one.

  19. #79
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    116,357

    Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

    Again, who gives a rat's arse? It's a comedic bit. Some comics touch on all taboo things, in a (hopefully) funny way. If anything, blame the Academy for not doing their research and choosing a non-controversial person.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  20. #80
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    3,848
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Again, who gives a rat's arse? It's a comedic bit. Some comics touch on all taboo things, in a (hopefully) funny way. If anything, blame the Academy for not doing their research and choosing a non-controversial person.
    Completely agree. I agree with what he did- acad y walked into his one. I was just pointing out it wasnít one tweet

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •