Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

there's a good buck in that racket.

Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

So, you’re thinking the captain America character who is a bad guy but started as a young kid sidekick (forget the name...)?

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    So, you’re thinking the captain America character who is a bad guy but started as a young kid sidekick (forget the name...)?
    No idea. Read something about how they've changed the character in the comic books, but I don't read the comic books.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    No idea. Read something about how they've changed the character in the comic books, but I don't read the comic books.
    Thor is female now. So is wolverine, Iron Man. Probably the number one thing I hated about comic books when I was a kid is the #1 thing I like about them now. I love all the changing and mixing and matching. I think I finally started to like it after I finally got to see on film some of the things I didn't want to change come to life. Thor's Hammer and it's mythology for example. Watching Hulk not being able to pick it up was a transcendental moment for me. Still like to see a true representation of the Green Goblin on film though.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

War Mongering Conservadem!

DC and Marvel have been doing that for years. Problem is the purists get annoyed and things flip back. Some of the best stories I have read were legacy characters that were not the norm. Some of the best message board fights I ever read were the wars over John Stewart or Hal Jordan as Green Lantern. (not to mention Kyle Raynor) Now they have a female Muslim too...so much fun to watch the meltdowns.

The problems comics have that movies dont is that lots of people can see the movie who have no tie to the characters. Even a film that bombs, more people will see that than will EVER read the comic. The only people reading comic books are the same people who were reading them 15/20/25 years ago. Actually I take that back, that number has dropped. Comics is an insular fanbase and even the massive success of the Marvel Cinematic Universe hasnt changed it. I still check out the sales charts from time to time...it might as well be 2006 back when I was working at my local store. No new fans are created...maybe there is a bump for a few months but it dies down quickly. As such the fans have all the power. If the purists hate something the companies need to flip it back sooner or later or risk real financial consequences.

The movies are different though. I cant speak for the specifics of what is going on because the MCU isnt my thing but if say, post Endgame, they decide to change to a female Cap they can make it work 10000 times easier than they can in the comics. Even if every comic nerd revolted that would be like, at best, 10% of the movie goers to the film. (and likely it would be closer to 1%) It would have a greater impact anyways and last a heckuva lot longer.

As for Endgame, I have no doubt that you all will enjoy it.
    Last edited by Handyman; 04-24-2019 at 11:21 AM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Never Forget!

There are reportedly no end credits scenes. So you can safely run to the bathroom once the screen fades to black.

Has anyone heard anything negative about the movie? Closest I have heard is that there is too much to take in in one viewing (which seems like a great way to make money) but nothing bad about pacing, writing etc.

ETA: Just saw a report that Endgame accounted for 99% of ticket sales in China on Wednesday. That $1Billion global opening is within reach.

ETA2: Endgame set a record with $28.2M at midnight shows in China. It is estimated for $107 for the first day. Only eight movies have made that much in its entire theatrical run in China this year. Only 22 did in 2018.
    Last edited by ticapnews; 04-24-2019 at 11:48 AM.

First showing here started couple minutes ago.. not many available seats for the rest of the evening (other than first row).

They are givin it 3h 0m viewing time. Is there a bunch cut here then (surprised how much is edited )

We have our IMAX seats booked for this Saturday. Looking forward to it.

wubba lubba dub dub

First showing here started couple minutes ago.. not many available seats for the rest of the evening (other than first row).

They are givin it 3h 0m viewing time. Is there a bunch cut here then (surprised how much is edited )
    According to IMDB, it has a 181 run-time. If they've cut anything, it isn't much.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

According to IMDB, it has a 181 run-time. If they've cut anything, it isn't much.
    You’d be surprised

Would you guys move Endgame discussions to the duh spoilers thread before somebody f-cks up, please?
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Would you guys move Endgame discussions to the duh spoilers thread before somebody f-cks up, please?
    Thanos loses...probably. I don't know, I haven't seen it yet. I hear it'll be good.

Thanos loses...probably. I don't know, I haven't seen it yet. I hear it'll be good.
    I would give quite a lot for Thanos to pull the plug on the other 50%. Just leave one man and one woman in a Mesopotamian garden. I suggest me and Pepper Potts.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

I would give quite a lot for Thanos to pull the plug on the other 50%. Just leave one man and one woman in a Mesopotamian garden. I suggest me and Pepper Potts.
    Enjoy Coldplay's seconds...

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Enjoy Coldplay's seconds...
    Winners rewrite history

Good god your taste in women is astoundingly awful.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Good god your taste in women is astoundingly awful.
    Dr Mrs notwithstanding of course

Dr Mrs notwithstanding of course
    In that case HER taste is astoundingly awful

(I keed I keed)
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Never Forget!

Bruce Willis was dead the entire time!

Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...

#DontSpoilTheENDGAME

Better?
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Thread Information