X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    The headline is that the president of Fox studios was fired today as part of the Disney acquisition. The real story is the 4000 rank and file employees about to follow him out the door. Unlike him, they don't have golden parachutes. They are being pushed from the plane with anvils in their backpacks.
    Maybe the World/Us Economy should be based on something other than monopoly and mergers and acquisitions. But, it's not.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The Apostle:

Set in 1905, a guy sets out to an island to rescue his sister from a religious cult.

It was fine and dandy, really quite good, until they actually introduced the supernatural into the plotline. Then it sucked donkey D. Cults/mindgames/etc are odd enough. I don't need that added element of true supernatural to enhance it. I wouldn't bother unless you're into that sort of thing.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        The headline is that the president of Fox studios was fired today as part of the Disney acquisition. The real story is the 4000 rank and file employees about to follow him out the door. Unlike him, they don't have golden parachutes. They are being pushed from the plane with anvils in their backpacks.
        What? Are you saying Disney treats people like dirt? Not possible!!!
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Saw captain marvel

Mookie felt lost first 15 minutes. Then was easy(er) to follow. Those were guardians of the galaxy people??
          Soundtrack was good

Daughter liked it “papa, that was the best movie of my life”!
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Saw captain marvel

Mookie felt lost first 15 minutes. Then was easy(er) to follow. Those were guardians of the galaxy people??
            Soundtrack was good

The first part of the movie is supposed to be confusing. It'd be kinda anti-climatic if they just came out and told you the truth right at the start.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Saw captain marvel

Soundtrack was good

The guys with the blue blood were the Kree, of them only Ronan was shown in the first Guardians movie. The Skrull (green guys) had their movie debut in this Capt. Marvel.

The majority of the movie was set in 1995, so it was the soundtrack of my high school days.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

The Dirt:

Motley Crue biopic based on the book. I read the book, it was very honest and raw. Each of the band members told their view/side/etc of how everything went down, and the movie follows that pattern. It really is the good, the bad, and the ugly, with no apologies/excuses. The Crue could be the most hedonistic band we've ever seen, and they didn't care (at the time).

The movie is very well done, the casting was excellent, and of course the music rawks.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                  The Dirt:

Motley Crue biopic based on the book. I read the book, it was very honest and raw. Each of the band members told their view/side/etc of how everything went down, and the movie follows that pattern. It really is the good, the bad, and the ugly, with no apologies/excuses. The Crue could be the most hedonistic band we've ever seen, and they didn't care (at the time).

The movie is very well done, the casting was excellent, and of course the music rawks.
                  The book was fantastic. I’m not a fan of the band but I bought the book on a whim and holy **** they make The Rolling Stones look like choir boys with behaviorally. So many laugh out loud moments but also the reality is they’re scummy people. Nikki six raped a woman and tommy lee knocked a woman’s teeth out.
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Adventureland. Aside from the soundtrack what an awful movie.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                      The book was fantastic. I’m not a fan of the band but I bought the book on a whim and holy **** they make The Rolling Stones look like choir boys with behaviorally. So many laugh out loud moments but also the reality is they’re scummy people. Nikki six raped a woman and tommy lee knocked a woman’s teeth out.
                      Reading some of the stuff about the making of the movie, no wonder it took so long to do. Studios wanted to gloss over some stuff, were worried about ratings, etc (this movie is most definitely NC-17, if it were to be rated). The band wanted to be as honest as they could about it. Kudos for that.

Comment

Old stuff: Festival: Footage of The Newport Folk Festival 63-65. Good watch. Some great blues.

Comment

Just saw "The Russian Five", which is pretty clear what the movie is about. It was really well done- lots of fun and "spy v spy" start when they described how the first 3 Russian players made it to the Red Wings. And then changed into a different human story as it covered Konstatinov's accident and how the team reacted to it- ending with the '98 cup.

It's supposed to open this weekend in a handful of theaters- so if you get a chance, go see it.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                            Just saw "The Russian Five", which is pretty clear what the movie is about. It was really well done- lots of fun and "spy v spy" start when they described how the first 3 Russian players made it to the Red Wings. And then changed into a different human story as it covered Konstatinov's accident and how the team reacted to it- ending with the '98 cup.

It's supposed to open this weekend in a handful of theaters- so if you get a chance, go see it.
                            Um, gosh, Jesus, yes, WANT TO SEE.

Own the 30/30 Of Miracles And Men, and Red Army documentaries. This is yeah....need to see this.

Edit: btw, 1995 NJ had something to say to the R5.

Comment

Saw “Us” tonight. A lot of layers here and I don’t want to spoil anything.

I think I prefer Get Out though.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                And Vince Neil killed someone (and hurt others) drunken driving. Motley Crue are scum...

The book is quite good though.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X