This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

Gonna get roasted for this, but the Gone In 60 Seconds remake got more hate than it deserved. Was it great? Hell no. Was it gutter-worthy? I don't think so.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      Gonna get roasted for this, but the Gone In 60 Seconds remake got more hate than it deserved. Was it great? Hell no. Was it gutter-worthy? I don't think so.
      I don't remember if it did or didn't but I enjoyed it for what it was.

Comment

It wasn't bad. If only for the cars themselves.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

It's a popcorn movie that can stay on the TV if I come across it... I'll agree with the assessment....
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Has anyone watched the movie Polar on Netflix? I did something that I almost never do which is turn it off after 15 minutes. That might have been the worst 15 minutes of my life. I'm just curious if it was just the start of it, or if it really is that bad all the way through. At my age I'm not interested in throwing away two hours of my life on something that bad.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              Has anyone watched the movie Polar on Netflix? I did something that I almost never do which is turn it off after 15 minutes. That might have been the worst 15 minutes of my life. I'm just curious if it was just the start of it, or if it really is that bad all the way through. At my age I'm not interested in throwing away two hours of my life on something that bad.
              Never would have watched it. It always worth spending 30 seconds to see if you're wasting even 15 minutes. 90% of what comes out of the Netflix label is absolute dreck.
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_(film)#Reception
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

That's too bad since I'm a big fan of Mads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  That's too bad since I'm a big fan of Mads.
                  He was on CNN the other day (amanapour's show)
                  Interesting guy.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Never would have watched it. It always worth spending 30 seconds to see if you're wasting even 15 minutes. 90% of what comes out of the Netflix label is absolute dreck.
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_(film)#Reception
                    I'm actually happy to see the critics panning it too. Whenever something happens like it did yesterday, I always walk away wondering if I was missing something.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Can anything be worse than their “hold the dark” movie? I remain doubtful

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        I've been hearing horrid things, so it's on my list to see how bad it is. I have to give it a fair shot.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

As near as I can tell there actually is a movie being released in two weeks called The Man Who Killed Hitler And Then The Bigfoot. And it stars Sam Elliott.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                            Stayed true to the book as opposed to the John Wayne'd up Hollywood-ized version.
                            Maybe, but the John Wayne version is a far better movie. I was literally laughing at the end of the remake for how trite it was.

Worst Coen Brothers movie by far, and almost as overrated as Unforgiven.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              As near as I can tell there actually is a movie being released in two weeks called The Man Who Killed Hitler And Then The Bigfoot. And it stars Sam Elliott.
                              It looks like it was released last year. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7042862...=nm_flmg_act_4

"A legendary American war veteran is recruited to hunt a mythical creature."
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                It looks like it was released last year. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7042862...=nm_flmg_act_4

"A legendary American war veteran is recruited to hunt a mythical creature."
                                Everything I see says a 2/8 release date. Maybe the US release was delayed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9hnQt-y5TU

Either this is a hoax or they are doing it absolutely straight and it will be glorious.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 01-29-2019, 11:58 AM.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X