X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    Murder On The Orient Express (2017 version):

While entertaining, it really is a poetic mess. Too smart for its own good, or should I say, too complicated just for the sake of being complicated. The dialogue is impeccable, and quite beautiful, but the resolution of the plot was all show, and no real substance.
    God this sounds perfect for me. :-)
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      How about Vertical Limit?

/kidding

Comment

Justice League:

Had asked a few people if it was worth watching, especially since I'm not a comic book guy (I had to look up who Victor Stone was supposed to be....well, duh, I guess). The overall opinion was a shrug of the shoulders and "Meh."

I was fully entertained by it. I wasn't blown away, by any means, and I don't know the canon of the whole JL, but very much worth watching. And unless I missed something, when was Aquaman ever a badass?? I'd say, if a person like me enjoyed it, I'd recommend it for a good popcorn movie.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Justice League:

Had asked a few people if it was worth watching, especially since I'm not a comic book guy (I had to look up who Victor Stone was supposed to be....well, duh, I guess). The overall opinion was a shrug of the shoulders and "Meh."

I was fully entertained by it. I wasn't blown away, by any means, and I don't know the canon of the whole JL, but very much worth watching. And unless I missed something, when was Aquaman ever a badass?? I'd say, if a person like me enjoyed it, I'd recommend it for a good popcorn movie.
          I like the diversity of superheroes: Superman, Water Superman, Lady Superman, Black Teen Superman, ...

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            I like the diversity of superheroes: Superman, Water Superman, Lady Superman, Black Teen Superman, ...
            Hey now, WW has to have the aids of weapons, and Cyborg is well, The Terminator On Steroids. And Aquaman....ok, he has a trident. I guess that's passable. And Batman has no superpowers, except being rich.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

'Murica Superman, Gazillionaire Goth Superman in a Bat Costume, Gazillionaire Genius Superman in a Self-Engineered Metal Suit...

Comment

'Murica Superman, Gazillionaire Goth Superman in a Bat Costume, Ghetto Ironman...
                Fixed. From my understanding.

Comment

Hey now, WW has to have the aids of weapons, and Cyborg is well, The Terminator On Steroids. And Aquaman....ok, he has a trident. I guess that's passable. And Batman has no superpowers, except being rich.
                  Batman and the Flash had unique talents, but the rest were "well they're strong". I mean, I know Aquaman was some water powers, but that worked real well in a movie where he was on dry land like 99% of the time.

Also, DC, maybe in your movies considers scenes in daytime. It feels like BvsS and JL were permanently set at 10pm.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Batman and the Flash had unique talents, but the rest were "well they're strong". I mean, I know Aquaman was some water powers, but that worked real well in a movie where he was on dry land like 99% of the time.

Also, DC, maybe in your movies considers scenes in daytime. It feels like BvsS and JL were permanently set at 10pm.
                    Batman Vs Superman sucked ***. I couldn't finish it.

And yes, the Aquaman in a scene of fire made TOTAL sense.

Comment

Maybe if you guys knew anything about the actual character you would know it does make sense

But speaking as someone who likes Justice League:

Aquaman > Justice League and it isnt even close.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

They knew what they were getting when Zach Snyder was hired...

James Wan went the opposite direction with Aquaman... It's a very colorful, vibrant movie...
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

'Murica Superman, Gazillionaire Goth Superman in a Bat Costume, Gazillionaire Genius Superman in a Self-Engineered Metal Suit...
                          Lol. Never thought of it like that before.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I had never seen Elysium before earlier today. The film was an ok afternoon killer but the only reason why I'm even mentioning it was the cool coincidence that two key characters in the movie were played by Diego Luna (Miguel Ángel Félix Gallardo in Narcos: Mexico) and Wagner Moura (Pablo Escobar in Narcos S1/2) the latter of which took me some time to figure out who he was.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Maybe if you guys knew anything about the actual character you would know it does make sense
                              That would require me to be a comic book nerd, so I'll pass, thanks. I prefer my soap operas to be about business.

I did like the Nolan Batman movies though.

Comment

That would require me to be a comic book nerd, so I'll pass, thanks. I prefer my soap operas to be about business.

I did like the Nolan Batman movies though.
                                Please you cheer for Tech...my guess is you speak fluent Klingon
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X