X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    They led a very successful boycott of The Force Awakens because not only did it have a strong female lead, but also (gasp!) a black stormtrooper. TFA only made $2 billion worldwide to become the #3 film of all time as well as the top domestic film ever. They also organized a boycott of Hamilton, which was so successful tickets were sold out a year in advance.

Finding out Incels are boycotting you is cause for massive celebrations in corporate boardrooms coast to coast.
    Its true...none of the boycotts work and it is laughable. The TFA one was awful though.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

She will be the most powerful MCU Superhero to date.
      That's reverse misogyny!!!

(or something James Woods will argue)

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Personally I think that whole controversy is complete garbage. Whoever blew it up or out of proportion is certifiable.

I'm looking forward to the movie. One of my favorite Marvel Characters of all time and a character that has a very complex history. Curious to see how they decide to work it as there are many different ways to go.
        I'm going tonight as well... Just hoping that this isn't just a 2 hour trailer for ENDGAME... I'm thinking we'll get something like Captain America: TFA. 90% of the movie is in the past with a last second change of direction to bring us right into "modern times".

Side question: I'm starting to think that what Marvel has done to this point is something that we'll never see again. I really think that it's lightning in a bottle. Sure we'll see a new "big bad" teased during Endgame. But going forward from there, I really feel that things will slowly deflate. Something like a trilogy where #1 is "OMG Awesome!", #2 is "Had it's moments, was enjoyable, but not the 1st" and beyond that is just dreck...

Think Marvel can keep this train rollin'? I'm curious because we have everyone from hardcore geeks to people that follow and enjoy the ride to people that watch because it's everywhere/popular to the "Anti-geek" crowd.... A good cross section of life here.
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
          I'm going tonight as well... Just hoping that this isn't just a 2 hour trailer for ENDGAME... I'm thinking we'll get something like Captain America: TFA. 90% of the movie is in the past with a last second change of direction to bring us right into "modern times".

Side question: I'm starting to think that what Marvel has done to this point is something that we'll never see again. I really think that it's lightning in a bottle. Sure we'll see a new "big bad" teased during Endgame. But going forward from there, I really feel that things will slowly deflate. Something like a trilogy where #1 is "OMG Awesome!", #2 is "Had it's moments, was enjoyable, but not the 1st" and beyond that is just dreck...

Think Marvel can keep this train rollin'? I'm curious because we have everyone from hardcore geeks to people that follow and enjoy the ride to people that watch because it's everywhere/popular to the "Anti-geek" crowd.... A good cross section of life here.
          I agree. After the next Avengers everything will change and never be this huge again.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I agree. After the next Avengers everything will change and never be this huge again.
            I guess we do have the decent into dreck followed by a Phoenix revival, ala Mission Impossible/Fast & Furious on the table as well for 2028/2029
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              They led a very successful boycott of The Force Awakens because not only did it have a strong female lead, but also (gasp!) a black stormtrooper. TFA only made $2 billion worldwide to become the #3 film of all time as well as the top domestic film ever. They also organized a boycott of Hamilton, which was so successful tickets were sold out a year in advance.

Finding out Incels are boycotting you is cause for massive celebrations in corporate boardrooms coast to coast.
              You mean "SJW Wars"? Hurr durr.

And Hamilton is probably the best musical I've seen since The Color Purple (which is still #1), even though it's only about 65-70% historically accurate.

Comment

Boycott is working well. Theater is packed.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The Soloist:

A newspaper reporter befriends a street musician, and their lives change.

Denzel is AWESOME as the schizophrenic musician. Jebus, he was good. Downey Jr is Downer Jr, snarky and selfish and blah blah blah. Not a real stretch from most any other role he's done. Very good movie, dunno why it took this long for it to be on my radar.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Captain Marvel

5 out of 5. Exceeded my insane expectations.
                    Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 03-07-2019, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Captain Marvel

5 out of 5. Exceeded my insane expectations.
                      Good to know, thank you.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I arrived for my 7pm show at 5:15 and there was already a line. It was a packed theater. Lots of kids but also lots of seniors. This was quite the age range. If parents have any doubts about taking the kids forget them. It's very family-friendly. They will see worse on the news or afternoon TV.

Early estimates show Thursday night will be in the low 20's, the 2nd best March Thursday ever (BvS $27M) and just behind Black Panther ($25.2) and Civil War ($25)

Comment

To All The Boys I've Loved Before - Cute Netflix teen rom com. Am in a weird place now where the "teen" heartthrob of the movie is still attractive (and 22, so...legal), but the dad character is also kind of **** (John Corbett doing well as the greying dad -- see also, Sex & Drugs & Rock&Roll). The movie is fun, if not overly intellectually stimulating.

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Read the book first, which is literary fiction told in the form of letters of the people of Guernsey during and just after the Nazi occupation. Female British author is the lead. The movie features plenty of likable people: Michiel Huisman (GoT, Orphan Black, Nashville), Lily James (Cinderella), Matthew Goode (Downton Abbey, Watchmen). Enjoyable movie, especially if you love watching people who love books. Guernsey itself looks gorgeous. Directed by Mike Newell (Donnie Brasco, 4 Weddings and a Funeral, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire).

Planning to see Captain Marvel on Wednesday after this stretch of work.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                            To All The Boys I've Loved Before
                            I've been expecting a Kevin Spacey bio pic.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                              The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Read the book first, which is literary fiction told in the form of letters of the people of Guernsey during and just after the Nazi occupation.
                              Is this the same Guernsey with the offshore hidden accounts and that creepy patriarch who runs it like Warren Jeffs?

Edit: sorry, that was Jersey.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Really busting my balls this morning, Kep!

Comment

Working...
                                X