This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

Those guys sold bad boy then, are they doing it now?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      Those guys sold bad boy then, are they doing it now?
      Are they living that life, you mean? Or promoting it? I don't think so. IIRC, they had a stipulation in their last concert tour contract that would cost them dearly if they played another show after that, and I think they've settled down quite a bit. The stipulation was their idea, so they wouldn't end up like KISS or the Stones, doing endless "Last Tour Ever" stuff.

Looking back, how sad is it that Mick Mars was the sanest and most well-behaved of the bunch?
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        Are they living that life, you mean? Or promoting it? I don't think so. IIRC, they had a stipulation in their last concert tour contract that would cost them dearly if they played another show after that, and I think they've settled down quite a bit. The stipulation was their idea, so they wouldn't end up like KISS or the Stones, doing endless "Last Tour Ever" stuff.

Looking back, how sad is it that Mick Mars was the sanest and most well-behaved of the bunch?
        How man "Last Tours" has KISS been on? You could not have picked a worse example. I'll tell you. 2. That's right. Two. They called it a retirement tour when they (Gene and Paul) decided they could no longer work with or tour with Ace and Peter. The cash cow of getting back together had run its course and they were done with them. Then Gene and Paul decided, you know what?, we don't have to quit. We can just hire two other guys to take their place and keep going. Since then they have released two more albums of music and never toured on a "last ever" theme. Recently, they decided they were finally going to be done touring so they are currently on their end of the road tour. Which, from the initial announcement will last 3 years but will all be the same tour.

Rumors are that KISS will continue after this but it will be with (4) completely different guys. How that will work I have no idea but that's what has been talked about.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

A 3 year-long last tour? That's kinda sad, actually, and in the same general theme of never quitting when it's time to quit. That was my point.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

A 3 year-long last tour? That's kinda sad, actually, and in the same general theme of never quitting when it's time to quit. That was my point.
            That was not your point.

It takes 3 years cause they are performing everywhere. New Zealand, Europe, Japan, everywhere.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Marty: The last time Tap toured America, they where, uh, booked into 10,000 seat arenas, and 15,000 seat venues, and it seems that now, on their current tour they're being booked into 1,200 seat arenas, 1,500 seat arenas, and uh I was just wondering, does this mean uh...the popularity of the group is waning?

Ian: Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no...no, no, not at all. I, I, I just think that the.. uh.. their appeal is becoming more selective.

Comment

Isnt Elton John on like a 2 year last tour? When you can tour every country that is how you roll.

And Motley Crue will do a Vegas residency and find some way to tour again. 100%. Anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Isnt Elton John on like a 2 year last tour? When you can tour every country that is how you roll.

And Motley Crue will do a Vegas residency and find some way to tour again. 100%. Anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves.
                  KISS already did their Vegas residency. FTR.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    KISS already did their Vegas residency. FTR.
                    I like KISS. Saw them on the Reunion Tour in Saint Paul and their "Farewell" Tour years later. Havent really needed to see them since
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I like KISS. Saw them on the Reunion Tour in Saint Paul and their "Farewell" Tour years later. Havent really needed to see them since
                      I saw them 13 times. When they said they were retiring the first time I took them at their word. Have not seen them since.

Comment

Up late after driving back from Lake Placid so I caught The Meg. Pleased to report it is exactly as awful as you'd expect it to be. Only about a half grade better than a SyFy "made to be terrible" TV movie. Thoroughly enjoyed it but that may have been the Ayinger.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The Meg is awesome...it is awful but it is AWESOMELY AWFUL!!
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I saw KISS on their first reunion tour in '96. My point about KISS was a band that big could tour 20 years to hit EVERY city and call it their last tour. "Last tour" is just an excuse to keep touring, and I dislike that. Do you really need to hit every city you ever hit?

Anyway:
                            First Man:

About Neil Armstrong's landing, etc. This one swung for the fences, ended up being a solid double, maybe stretching into a triple. Could have been tightened up a bit and not gone 2 hours 21 minutes. The Goose (Ryan Gosling) was solid, as always, and had quite a few "that guys" from various tv shows. Claire Foy (Girl In The Spider's Web) was very good as Neil's wife. It's worth a watch, but I think it got more credit than it deserved, but not by much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              The Meg is awesome...it is awful but it is AWESOMELY AWFUL!!
                              Yep. It was exactly as I expected.
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

If you have a chance to see Apollo 11 I recommend it. I was unable to see it in IMAX, rather a local crappy theater, but it was still captivating. No narration, just the chatter between the crew and mission control (with some news footage with Walter Cronkite) and absolutely visually stunning views from inside the capsule and on the surface of the moon itself. Crowds gathered in fields, on roadways and beaches, packed onto hotel balconies, all for the chance to see the launch. It is inspiring to think we, as a nation and as a species, could achieve so much; and simultaneously so disappointing to see what seemingly little has happened since.

Comment

Working...
                                X