X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

Finally saw Creed.

Way better than it had any right to be. The lead was great and even Stallone acted very well as a borderline sundowner. The love interest was utterly worthless but I guess she had to be there for TEH KIDS and the chicks.

A-.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Abducted In Plain Sight:

What in the actual EFF?
      The parents are morons and frankly, just as guilty as the assailant. The only sympathy I have is for all the daughters. This doc is so messed up....cringeworthy from minute one.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Body Heat

Great film noir from 1981. Has a 70's vibe to it. Kathleen Turner at her best.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Body Heat

scoob just saw this NOW?!?!?!
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            scoob just saw this NOW?!?!?!
            Yeah, for some reason I hadn't seen that one yet.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

KT was not bad at all for having little tittees
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

There are a ton of older movies I haven't seen, that I have on my list, and need to see. Some have just slipped through the cracks.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Body Heat

"You're not very smart. I like that in a man."
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    Abducted In Plain Sight:

What in the actual EFF?
                    The parents are morons and frankly, just as guilty as the assailant. The only sympathy I have is for all the daughters. This doc is so messed up....cringeworthy from minute one.
                    Dr. Mrs. saw this and has no sympathy for anybody, even the victim, since she grew up and monetized it. Just drop a nuke on the whole group.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Man, Mexico has really become Director U.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I’m really looking forward to this: http://collider.com/the-irishman-netflix-teaser/amp/
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Paddleton:

A man is diagnosed with terminal cancer, and he asks his best-friend neighbor to help him end his life before the disease takes it.

Pretty much a 90-minute awkward discussion, but it's really quality. Heavy movie, obviously, what is unsaid is actually more important than what is said. Ray Romano and Mark Duplass excel in their roles (never was a big fan of Ray, but he really impressed me here).

Deadly Switch:

When a foreign exchange student, Ana (Hayley McLaughlin), studying abroad in America becomes the target of a dangerous stalker, she accepts the invitation to move in with her roommate's family in their idyllic town.d

Wanna-be Lifetime movie. Blew goats. Turned it off 30 minutes in. Horrible plot, acting, etc etc.

Comment

My girlfriend and I went to see How to Train Your Dragon 3 on Sunday. I really enjoyed that trilogy. The third was a slight step down from the first two but it was really a great way to end the trilogy.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Bohemian Rhapsody:

Every review/comment anyone's read about it is pretty spot-on. I will say the guy who played Brian May...couldn't have been more perfect for the role. The mannerisms when playing/etc...wow.

Comment

Velvet Buzzsaw:

After a series of paintings by an unknown artist are discovered, a supernatural force enacts revenge on those who have allowed their greed to get in the way of art.

This was interesting enough to keep watching. Pretty much skewers art critics/fans, which is okay with me. Checked it out simply for the stars: Russo, J Gyllenhaal, and a touch of J Malkovich. Both were great in their roles as curator/critic, respectively. Don't be afraid of the "supernatural" part of the plotline. It's very well done. I just didn't expect it, due to a Netflix's plotline description, as opposed to imdb's, which is the one I used above.

Comment

Working...
                                X