This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter. Surfing the guide I came across this on TCM. Deaf mute guy taking care of another deaf mute guy. Alan Arkin, Sondra Locke, Stacy Keach. Said no thanks, did some more surfing nothing on and went back to the movie. Glad I did; really enjoyed it.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Had anyone seen Abducted in Plain Sight on Netflix? Holy forking shirtballs, what a bonkers story.
      Yep. I think my skin crawled for the entire thing.
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Mookie want a go see the Ghandi murders movie.
        At first thought it was in Hindi, but 3 local theatres have it in English (or at least subtitled)
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Spiderverse was quite entertaining.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Love, Gilda...is fantastic.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              Love, Gilda...is fantastic.
              That it is.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

An interesting documentary running on HBO right now on Jimmy Breslin and Pete Hamill. Really good reminder of Breslin's acerbic wit and Hamill's beautiful gift for writing.

I thought Gay Talese, one of the talking heads in the movie, made a great point when he observed that journalists of Breslin and Hamill's era, and before, typically came from more modest backgrounds while journalists today are too often graduates of top flight universities. As such they may lack a basic understanding of "the street" that journalists used to have.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Spiderverse was quite entertaining.
                  The animation was trippy for the first few minutes, but then I was finally able to adapt and enjoy it. The whole movie was fun, if you can enjoy a comic book movie.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

If you havent seen Three Identical Strangers put that high on your list. A fascinating story...both in good and very very awful ways.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      If you havent seen Three Identical Strangers put that high on your list. A fascinating story...both in good and very very awful ways.
                      Just watched. Fascinating, heartbreaking, well worth the watch

Comment

I'm sorta curious about it, but it's not high on my list right now.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

My wife and I skipped the SOTU address and went to Aquaman instead. It's mindless fun, but the best actors were of course used the least - Nicole Kidman, Willem Dafoe and ( ) Dolph Lundgren. It's pretty much a paint by numbers action movie, a retelling of Heracles/Hercules, more or less. There are a few genuinely funny moments, so I have to give it that.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Saw Miss Bala yesterday with some coworkers. I liked it. Not a must see by any means, but entertaining enough. Hollywood makeup artist goes to Mexico to help her friend in a pagent, ends up getting mixed up with a drug cartel/DEA investigation, when she can't find her friend after the nightclub they were in gets shot up. It's a poor man's Taken:Mexico.
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Never heard of RIPD before seeing an ad. Jeezuz it looks like just a brutal rip-off of MIB and will not watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                Never heard of RIPD before seeing an ad. Jeezuz it looks like just a brutal rip-off of MIB and will not watch.
                                What’s with the decade post delay?!?
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X