• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Obviously.
    I’ve been peer reviewing papers all day and lost my humor detector

Comment

• Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

I asked this of TV, might as well ask this of movies:

If you told people watch 5 movies to get an idea of you, your tastes, and your personality, what would they be?

Any genre, and yes, all time.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

If you told people watch 5 movies to get an idea of you, your tastes, and your personality, what would they be?

I'll roll with a general top 5 movies of mine, the top 2 never change (in order), the next three fluctuate.
        Red Cliff (international version)
        Amadeus (director's cut)
        The Godfather
        Animal House
        Tombstone

Honorable mention: Kill The Irishman, Goodfellas
        Last edited by The Rube; 01-19-2019, 09:35 PM.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Not necessarily my favorite movies of all time but I think would paint a partial picture:

Cheating a bit here:

The Wall/Miracle
          Caddyshack/Broadcast News
          Schindler's List/The Godfather
          Children of Heaven/Red, White & Blue trilogy
          The Bourne Identity/Goldfinger

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            I’ve been peer reviewing papers all day and lost my humor detector
            Been there, done that. Always amazing to me the number of people who are such mediocre writers. It's a solid reminder of how good I had it growing up, going to the top private schools in the state.

Comment

Fyre: The Greatest Party That Never Happened

This is the Netflix one. What a sh*show. Absolutely amazing how far this got before it really fell apart. The story about how they got bottled water on the island.... :shock:

Amy:

Doc on Amy Winehouse, lots of home footage and such. I'm a LITTLE more sympathetic after watching, but in the end, she still made her choices. Her dad was a POS, for sure, btw. Good watch.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b027c3bbc42c1b

I really think she's lost it. Sorry your sh-tty movie is ignored by the newest movie. Spiderman Homecoming ignored EVERY other movie in the entire franchise.

The only slight here is a deserved one:
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I rarely find her funny. Even on SNL, she has one shtick. There are definitely more talented black comediennes out there.

Comment

Predators ignored all other ones before it except the original. Deal with it.

I didn't mind the female Ghostbusters, and I had low expectations. It was a fun movie, much like the original was.

Something about mountains and molehills here.

Comment

Oscar nominations.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/o...st-1203112405/
                      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                        Without looking I am sure I hate them.

Comment

My wife saw Zoolander for the first time ever yesterday. She loved it, and I am pleased.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I’ve always thought Zoolander to be a movie you need to watch a few times before it’s actually funny. I despised that movie the first time. By the third time I was laughing hard.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Did anyone on the thread see the Stan and Ollie movie? I missed it🙁
                              Was it decent?
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                Did anyone on the thread see the Stan and Ollie movie? I missed it🙁
                                Was it decent?
                                I missed it too. I still want to see it.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X