X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

Solo

Finally saw it. That was goll darn entertaining. The "easter eggs"/references were outstanding. I wish Disney continued with the origin stories, but I understand why they are not going to do so. I'm not a fanboy of Star Wars, I only stick to the movies, so the people who read/see the whole canon stuff might disagree, but I definitely recommend this movie.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

Went to see Bohemian Rhapsody and thoroughly enjoyed it. Got a little dusty in there a coupla times. Not sure what they left out or didn't delve into far enough(or care)but the theater was 85% full on Sat and better than half the audience was clapping at the end. Guaranteed Rami Malek gets an Oscar nomination.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
      Guaranteed Rami Malek gets an Oscar nomination.
      has he ever done anything that wasn't good?
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        has he ever done anything that wasn't good?
        First time I've ever seen him. Had to Google him when I found out he was playing Mercury.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Solo

Finally saw it. That was goll darn entertaining. The "easter eggs"/references were outstanding. I wish Disney continued with the origin stories, but I understand why they are not going to do so. I'm not a fanboy of Star Wars, I only stick to the movies, so the people who read/see the whole canon stuff might disagree, but I definitely recommend this movie.
          I thought it was a fun movie, but nothing great. Some people hated it because it wasn't traditional Star Wars, the timeline of events were either too fast or the time breaks weren't properly explained in the movie, and it doesn't really do anything other than introduce Han to Chewbacca and Lando. Regardless, it didn't do well at the box office, and Disney lost its mouse's shirt on the movie. (Just look at Mickey's photos lately!)

Also, there were a ton of Easter eggs for people who were watching the Star Wars cartoons, too. Name drops like Aura Sing were given who shows up a number of times in the Clone Wars series. They were quick references in the movie, and don't really detract from the experience if you don't know the names.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

The Meg.

Jurassic Park meets Jaws. Not nearly as good as either. Pretty much what I expected. Ok time killing movie.
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              I thought it was a fun movie, but nothing great. Some people hated it because it wasn't traditional Star Wars, the timeline of events were either too fast or the time breaks weren't properly explained in the movie, and it doesn't really do anything other than introduce Han to Chewbacca and Lando. Regardless, it didn't do well at the box office, and Disney lost its mouse's shirt on the movie. (Just look at Mickey's photos lately!)

Also, there were a ton of Easter eggs for people who were watching the Star Wars cartoons, too. Name drops like Aura Sing were given who shows up a number of times in the Clone Wars series. They were quick references in the movie, and don't really detract from the experience if you don't know the names.
              Yeah, no clue here. Only caught stuff in reference to the main movies. I agree it's not Oscar-worthy, but it was better than many people portrayed it to be.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Mid 90's.

Not bad. Pretty intense coming of age type of movie. They did pretty well for almost none of them being actors. I saw the main kid get interviewed where he had a lot of trouble pretending that he couldn't skate. That was pretty funny to hear.

Comment

The Mule looks like its gonna be a decent movie. Big names in it. Am a little worried about how Clints age/acting will play in though.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam_Krug#1 View Post
                    The Mule looks like its gonna be a decent movie. Big names in it. Am a little worried about how Clints age/acting will play in though.
                    Saw the trailer before Bohemian Rhap. From what I understand it's based on a true story about some 80 year old drug mule. Shouldn't be a stretch for Eastwood.

Comment

Saw Fantastic Beasts 2. It was ok. First one was way better. This one for boring at parts. Oh and Johnny Depp is just awful. He needs to just quit. (I will add more later)

Speaking of awful if I have to see that preview for Bumblebee one more time I might kill someone. It took the worst parts of a Michael Bay film and merged them with every about teenage coming of age melodrama to create that crapfest. Yuck.
                      Last edited by Handyman; 11-15-2018, 10:48 PM.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Saw Fantastic Beasts 2. It was ok. First one was way better. This one for boring at parts. Oh and Johnny Depp is just awful. He needs to just quit.

Speaking of awful if I have to see that preview for Bumblebee one more time I might kill someone. It took the worst parts of a Michael Bay film and merged them with every about teenage coming of age melodrama to create that crapfest. Yuck.
                        Wait, as in the Bumblebee of Transformers? If so, my life will be hell until that passes.

Comment

Wait, as in the Bumblebee of Transformers? If so, my life will be hell until that passes.
                          yup. as a vw beetle

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            yup. as a vw beetle
                            I haven't seen the trailer. However, I get so many "Bumblebee" comments b/c of the Camaro.....

Comment

I haven't seen the trailer. However, I get so many "Bumblebee" comments b/c of the Camaro.....
                              perhaps those days are gone... inshalla

Comment

Working...
                              X