Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Shaping up to a frustrating game. Those power plays in the second needed to score and didn’t.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
      Shaping up to a frustrating game. Those power plays in the second needed to score and didn’t.
      Very disappointing performance by the friars, Worse game this year in many ways.
      Lousey goaltending,
      Unproductive poweerplay that gives up a shorty and can not score on a 5 on 3 and gives up a shorty.
      Where was Sukarmaran , did he dress and not play.
      Friar offense sort of disappeared as game went on.
      Better recover tomorrow against BU.

Comment

Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
        Very disappointing performance by the friars, Worse game this year in many ways.
        Lousey goaltending,
        Unproductive poweerplay that gives up a shorty and can not score on a 5 on 3 and gives up a shorty.
        That pretty much sucked and now have dropped to 5th in league and further behind the top 2 .... argghhh hate losing to BC...but they get another chance next Saturday right back at Kelly rink

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
          That pretty much sucked and now have dropped to 5th in league and further behind the top 2 .... argghhh hate losing to BC...but they get another chance next Saturday right back at Kelly rink
          I will finally admit that this year's team is not good. I don't expect anything from them this season and they will be lucky to get into the NCAA's. They can't win the games that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
            I will finally admit that this year's team is not good. I don't expect anything from them this season and they will be lucky to get into the NCAA's. They can't win the games that matter.
            Finally someone agrees with me....they have beaten absolutely NOONE this year that is worth anything. Best victory on the year right now according to the PWR is Miami who is NUMBER 23! Zero wins over anyone higher in the standings, not even a tie.

You got to love the win over #57 Holy Cross on the road, the tie at #53 Sacred Heart, or the season sweep over #51 Merrimack. Wins over #42 AIC, #43 UConn, #44 Brown, and #45 Dartmouth. That accounts for 9-0-1 just between those teams. Still got those powerhouses at #41 Vermont and #38 Maine to play for four games.
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Lousey goaltending,
              Vimal played and didn't have a shot on goal and was a minus 2 but didn't take a penalty though!

Comment

Lousey goaltending,

I didn't watch the game but how was the goaltending bad with these three goal descriptions in the PC box score?

1-0 (BC) – :12/1st – EV – David Cotton (Hutsko) – Turnover in the Friars' zone, Hutsko centered out front to Cotton who's shot deflected over the shoulder of Hawkey.
                2-2 (BC) – 2:57/2nd – SH – Michael Kim (Cotton, Mattila) – Feed from Cotton to Kim for a one-timer from the tops of the circles.
                3-2 (BC) – 1:28/3rd – EV – Julius Mattila (Jes. Mattila, Fitzgerald) – One-timer from the point through a screen.

Comment

It’s ok if y’all want to lose again tonight.... mkay, thanks
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

If this team could stop giving up goals in the first minute of the game and the last minute of the game, they'd be pretty good.

Comment

I wouldn't say Hawkey was bad just on the 3rd goal, replay shows he was not really screened that much he just missed the puck with his glove...he kept Friars in the game rest of the period but they could not get anything going on the offensive end

Woll kept BC in the game the first 2 periods especially the second when Friars had great chances on the PP...almost 4 straight minutes on the powerplay the first 2 a 5 on 3 and nothing to show for it.
                      Last edited by 73PCFriar; 01-12-2019, 06:45 AM.

Comment

This is reminding me of the UMASS weekend where PC lost the same game twice in a row. Maddening

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

This is reminding me of the UMASS weekend where PC lost the same game twice in a row. Maddening
                          I take that back. They will lose in a completely different fashion.

-Blackadder
                          -Casablanca
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            It’s ok if y’all want to lose again tonight.... mkay, thanks
                            You are welcome.

******** hockey. Team PC91, all the way.

-Blackadder
                            -Casablanca
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Ugly and this team continues to underperform. Vimal taking that penalty tonight should see him sitting out on Tuesday night!

Vincent’s lack of a slapshot or wrist is eye opening and it really shows Nate has done NOTHING with the kid as he should have a much harder shot for being 6’6!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                                Ugly and this team continues to underperform. Vimal taking that penalty tonight should see him sitting out on Tuesday night!

Vincent’s lack of a slapshot or wrist is eye opening and it really shows Nate has done NOTHING with the kid as he should have a much harder shot for being 6’6!
                                Ugly and underperforming why?
                                Imho,
                                Friars are not playing with Leaman's customary team defense, the BC and BU forwards were allowed too much time and space to make plays,
                                Power play underperforming by fiddling and diddling on the perimeter too much, power play seems to lack someone to take make hard slappers and one-timers on net from the point, both game winning 3rd period game winning goals were preventable, goalie has to make big time saves to win these type of games.

Comment

Working...
                                X