Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Quote Originally Posted by cavbim View Post
    yesterday Northeastern picked up former BC committ T JWalsh. Divver just reported Friars picked up NTDP Forward Patrick Moynihan who Jeff Cox reported Decommitting other day from BC
    Got to wonder what is going on over on the Heights
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Pathetic effort tonight by the Friars getting outplayed for the final 45 minutes by one of the worst teams in the nation.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Quote Originally Posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    Pathetic effort tonight by the Friars getting outplayed for the final 45 minutes by one of the worst teams in the nation.
    Must disagree, effort was not pathetic. UNH is a good hockey team despite its lack of W's at this point, friars played well but certainly did not finish and were sloppy on their scoring chances. Kudos to a determined UNH squad for shutting down shooting lanes and blocking shots.
    Tonigt's game on the big ice sheet should be a good one.

First time seeing them in person this year, having followed them on tv and streaming. I'm not a troll, but i have to agree with Zlax on his assessment. PC was terrible. Gave up ANOTHER short-handed goal, continuously hesitated to shoot giving UNH time to fill the lanes to block the shot (how about taking the occasional one-timer), really sloppy passing leading to constant turnovers. Don't be fooled by the advantage in shots on goal, as they generated few real scoring chances. In fact, Providence was fortunate to get the tie, because on at least 2 occasions, the puck got behind Hawkey and nearly crossed the line. So far this year, this team defines the term OVERRATED. Pre-season 4th in the country? Hah. Current No. 10? Not even close at this point. I wonder if the loss of some top level assistants has affected the team.

Unofficial Official

Wilkins out of the lineup again. Injured? Sick? Took me midway through the game last night to realize he's missing. McDermott getting into the lineup is usually a sign someone else is out.

Symbolic of last nightís play was the chuck-a-puck fiasco. Letís hope New Hamster has different between period entertainment. If I was a chucker I would have wanted my money back.

Quote Originally Posted by 3100IRL View Post
    Wilkins out of the lineup again. Injured? Sick? Took me midway through the game last night to realize he's missing. McDermott getting into the lineup is usually a sign someone else is out.
    McDermott played every game. Lemos is the tip-off

Which leads to this no one has speculated on who PC will bring in at semester break. Divver in particular but also mentioned by Logan they plan on a Dman and a forward. Divver saying itís already committed.

Iíll go with minimal playing time guys. Meaning no change on defense. See Lemos pushed down depth chart. Iím guessing the Koopman twins who will age out of juniors after year. Any other guesses rumors?

Quote Originally Posted by dillon View Post
    I wonder if the loss of some top level assistants has affected the team.

Iíd guess minimal. Rohlston stepped up from volunteer/Olympic committment to associate. Added a skills volunteer. Biggest lose Borek was 3 years of stability

However in 15 they had replaced Barr Russell plus a Berard left as dir of hockey ops. They seemed to struggle a bit as they revamped their style a bit

Mainly a veteran team and it is getting late early so hopefully what work they can do pre XMas break and the post XMas pre 2nd semester classes concentration on hockey only corrects or raises their play above these issues

This offense is frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    This offense is frustrating

You could always dump and retreat

Quote Originally Posted by cavbim View Post
    You could always dump and retreat
    This team actually seems to know what itís doing offensively, they just canít score

This team actually seems to know what itís doing offensively, they just canít score
    Until right now. Tie game.

Until right now. Tie game.
    this is cold blooded. 3-1 win.

Real big win, one just has to keep plugging away, after the friars were shut out on the 5 on 3, it seemed like they would never score a goal

O'Brien picked the right moment for his first goal, first of many

That was gut check win for the Friars...Hawkey kept them in it until they finally could get pucks past UNH blocks and their goalie...

Definitely needed this after last night's tie...

Quote Originally Posted by palmettofriar View Post
    O'Brien picked the right moment for his first goal, first of many
    i hope so, he was dangerous with the puck all weekend, he just didn't score. Then he did.

UNH always plays us tough, even after the Skating Mother Theresa/Goons era ended. Robinson did his best Tirone impression up until the end of the second game.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Dugan Hockey East rookie of the month again. Real good player. Glad to see OíBrien on the scoreboard - hopefully a sign of good things to come, Looking forward to the return to the lineup of Wilkins and a strong second half.

At Merrimack tonight. For the Friars a must win. For Merrimack fighting to put last weekend behind them and the Friars weekend a few weeks ago. Of course Friars have to put behind them the 5 goals they game up to Merrimack the second night.

Tonight's game on NESN then hockey withdrawal for 3 weeks. Long season though so good for the players, (if not us fans), to have the break.

Quote Originally Posted by 73PCFriar View Post
    At Merrimack tonight. For the Friars a must win. For Merrimack fighting to put last weekend behind them and the Friars weekend a few weeks ago. Of course Friars have to put behind them the 5 goals they game up to Merrimack the second night.
    It would be great to go into the break with a win and keep up the momentum.
    I do not expect an easy game or to score 7 goals against Merrimack and third straight time.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Thread Information