• Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
    Go NU! Go NU! Go NU!
    You're **** right!

Comment

Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
      You're **** right!
      It looks like the Friars get in with either a BC or Bowling Green loss. If both win, it looks like PC is out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
        Indeed. UMASS didn’t show up.
        Not true. BC's defense completely smothered them. UMass is not as great as they think they are. I could sense the cockiness from their fans a couple of weeks ago. They have to understand that they snuck up on what was a "weaker" than usual Hockey East. They might be #2 in the polls but there are probably four or five teams better right now.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeLogan View Post
          It looks like the Friars get in with either a BC or Bowling Green loss. If both win, it looks like PC is out.
          You are right. I thought I was forgetting someone, figures it was BG.

Comment

So who was the guy who threw the racist slur at the PC player?
            CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
              Not true. BC's defense completely smothered them. UMass is not as great as they think they are. I could sense the cockiness from their fans a couple of weeks ago. They have to understand that they snuck up on what was a "weaker" than usual Hockey East. They might be #2 in the polls but there are probably four or five teams better right now.
              Everything I read on Twitter pointed to UMASS having a poor effort and BC utterly outworking them.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Everything I read on Twitter pointed to UMASS having a poor effort and BC utterly outworking them.
                Woll stopped 36 shots and some of them were on the sparkling side. I think Umass showed up, lost a lot of stick battles and were beat by a good team playing well. It happens.

Comment

"Effort" is subjective. What's fact is that UMass had very few good chances, because they were either blocked, tipped or their zone time was limited. Yeah, I guess one could say it was a "poor effort," but that seems to be a glass half-empty way to look at it. I don't think it's disputable that BC played a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    I think it is an understatement to call Hockey East "weaker." The quality of play is probably the worst I have seen in 30 years of attending PC hockey.
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                      I think it is an understatement to call Hockey East "weaker." The quality of play is probably the worst I have seen in 30 years of attending PC hockey.
                      Says the UNH grad as if he's been a Friars fan for 30 years.

Comment

NU up 3-0 early.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

NU up 3-0 early.
                          ....go get me a beer.
                          Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
                          —H. L. Mencken

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                            NU up 3-0 early.
                            Now it’s 3-2 and Husko just got taken out in a stretcher. Sounded scary.

-Blackadder
                            -Casablanca
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by CommAvHusky View Post
                              ....go get me a beer.
                              I owe you more than a beer.

WE LIVE!!!

-Blackadder
                              -Casablanca
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I owe you more than a beer.

WE LIVE!!!
                                Jon, that was for Vimal.
                                GO NU HOCKEY
                                Always bullish on the future.
                                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X