Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 605

Thread: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

  1. #481
    Ever True since '92
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Some New England rink or another
    Posts
    2,645
    Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    Attendance in Providence was 7180.
    Seemed more like 9k to me, but a decent showing nonetheless.

  2. #482
    Say, this is nice. Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Wauwatosa, WI
    Posts
    34,302
    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
    And Jon will be starting in goal for PC.
    I can hear Schaefer drooling...

  3. #483
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    43,579
    Quote Originally Posted by 3100IRL View Post
    I unknowingly found myself surrounded by Cornell fans in 106 or 107. I didn't really catch on or have awareness they were there until the hecklers rolled out after the game was at 4-3, telling me to sit down there's plenty of game left and again at 5-3. Good times though, I'll have to bring my Friars gear out tomorrow to wake up the Cornell elders in the section.
    They gave us U H N!!! Which will live in infamy

    Good lot (Kepler notwithstanding)

  4. #484
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    139

    Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

    Too bad PC doesn't play some regular season or HE playoff games at the Dunk. It's a great place to watch a hockey game, and would expand on the fan base. I've been going to Schneider since 1974, and have been a season ticket holder for many of those years. This year dropped the season tickets and only got a 5 game pack because Schneider is such a lousy place to watch a game, with a terrible parking situation, bad sight lines, blasting music through an awful sound system. Was at the Dunk yesterday and will be there today. Glad the band decided to show up.

  5. #485
    The Original Dope Detector theprofromdover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,791
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    They gave us U H N!!! Which will live in infamy

    Good lot (Kepler notwithstanding)
    In between games yesterday my wife mentioned that she was happy to get away from a group of 10-12 fans behind us. She thought they were rude and obnoxious. I pointed out to her that they were Cornell fans. 😂

  6. #486
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,387
    Quote Originally Posted by dillon View Post
    Too bad PC doesn't play some regular season or HE playoff games at the Dunk. It's a great place to watch a hockey game, and would expand on the fan base. I've been going to Schneider since 1974, and have been a season ticket holder for many of those years. This year dropped the season tickets and only got a 5 game pack because Schneider is such a lousy place to watch a game, with a terrible parking situation, bad sight lines, blasting music through an awful sound system. Was at the Dunk yesterday and will be there today. Glad the band decided to show up.
    I disagree completely with you. I got an obstructed view seat at the Dunk in the PC section for the tournament as I canít see one goal due to a handicapped section. Paying to park at the Dunk vs free at Schiender is a huge difference with 15 home games, PC has roughly 1k season ticket holders and they donít even use their tickets on most nights so a move to the Dunk would be a colossal mistake. Does anyone remember the Coffee Cup crowds at the Dunk? Wasnít good

  7. #487
    Doggie Out! Afuera!
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    South Shore
    Posts
    799

    Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

    That was a lot of heart shown by the Friars coming back from 3 down like that. Good luck tomorrow, do Hockey East proud.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

    Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

    BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

  8. #488
    Say, this is nice. Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Wauwatosa, WI
    Posts
    34,302

    Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

    So here we go. Wonít be easy, but neither was yesterday.

  9. #489
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    139

    Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

    Quote Originally Posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    I disagree completely with you. I got an obstructed view seat at the Dunk in the PC section for the tournament as I can’t see one goal due to a handicapped section. Paying to park at the Dunk vs free at Schiender is a huge difference with 15 home games, PC has roughly 1k season ticket holders and they don’t even use their tickets on most nights so a move to the Dunk would be a colossal mistake. Does anyone remember the Coffee Cup crowds at the Dunk? Wasn’t good
    Park at the mall for $2. The only seats without obstructed view at Schneider are directly behind the goal, which one side is only for students. The garages are usually full, even when the games are half empty, the security guards are clueless, the large lot next to the rink is held for VIP's and usually has spots they don't let anyone use.

  10. #490
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    139

    Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

    Quote Originally Posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    I disagree completely with you. I got an obstructed view seat at the Dunk in the PC section for the tournament as I can’t see one goal due to a handicapped section. Paying to park at the Dunk vs free at Schiender is a huge difference with 15 home games, PC has roughly 1k season ticket holders and they don’t even use their tickets on most nights so a move to the Dunk would be a colossal mistake. Does anyone remember the Coffee Cup crowds at the Dunk? Wasn’t good
    You miss my point. One reason for the small attendance at Schneider is the venue sucks. You will expand the fan base if you play at the Dunk. Note the front page coverage in the ProJo sports section, with full color pic. They're lucky if they get 2 paragraphs on page 6 during the season from the ProJo. The school athletic dept has no clue how to promote the program.

  11. #491
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,387
    Quote Originally Posted by dillon View Post
    Park at the mall for $2. The only seats without obstructed view at Schneider are directly behind the goal, which one side is only for students. The garages are usually full, even when the games are half empty, the security guards are clueless, the large lot next to the rink is held for VIP's and usually has spots they don't let anyone use.
    Parking at the Mall yesterday was 15 bucks.

  12. #492
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,387
    Quote Originally Posted by dillon View Post
    You miss my point. One reason for the small attendance at Schneider is the venue sucks. You will expand the fan base if you play at the Dunk. Note the front page coverage in the ProJo sports section, with full color pic. They're lucky if they get 2 paragraphs on page 6 during the season from the ProJo. The school athletic dept has no clue how to promote the program.
    The problem with Schneider and the venue sucking in your mind is the fact the school never touched the seating bowl in the recent renovations besides a few luxury boxes and redoing the press area.

    I donít have parking issues ever at Providence and I get there 30 minutes before faceoff.

  13. #493
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,387
    Quote Originally Posted by dillon View Post
    You miss my point. One reason for the small attendance at Schneider is the venue sucks. You will expand the fan base if you play at the Dunk. Note the front page coverage in the ProJo sports section, with full color pic. They're lucky if they get 2 paragraphs on page 6 during the season from the ProJo. The school athletic dept has no clue how to promote the program.
    This has nothing to do with the school, this is a decision by the Projo on what is newsworthy. The Projo actually has Divver covering college hockey in this area which is rare itself so we should be giving them credit for it. Not complaining about it.

  14. #494
    It takes a special man to be dad!
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    2,951

    Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

    Quote Originally Posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    The problem with Schneider and the venue sucking in your mind is the fact the school never touched the seating bowl in the recent renovations besides a few luxury boxes and redoing the press area.

    I donít have parking issues ever at Providence and I get there 30 minutes before faceoff.
    Well if it doesn't happen to you then it must not be a thing!
    Save the Fighting Sioux!!

  15. #495
    Say, this is nice. Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Wauwatosa, WI
    Posts
    34,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Netman View Post
    Well if it doesn't happen to you then it must not be a thing!
    Over half the times I went to PC home games, I missed most of the first period. Especially on Fridays.

  16. #496
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Greater Boston, MA
    Posts
    8,711

    Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

    I was sitting in section 124 yesterday and I saw 2 games in one

    It looked like Mankato was about to run away with a 4-1 lead but the offside after the review disallowed the 4th goal that would have made it 4-1 Mavericks

    Then the power play goals took over and a major was the coup dígrace as PC finished it off with 2 more pp goals

    Meanwhile in the stands there was another battle in my section between PC fans and namely this one vulgar Minnesotan female fan

    At the end all the PC fans turn and looked at this one particular fan and gloated in glee at her

    This even set her off more

    I am sure the people beside her were embarrassed but they said nothing to her being fellow MS Fans

  17. #497
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Netman View Post
    Well if it doesn't happen to you then it must not be a thing!
    I also shown up five minutes before faceoff and had no issues in being in my seats for faceoff and these were games sold out.

  18. #498
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,387
    Quote Originally Posted by BCeagle View Post
    I was sitting in section 124 yesterday and I saw 2 games in one

    It looked like Mankato was about to run away with a 4-1 lead but the offside after the review disallowed the 4th goal that would have made it 4-1 Mavericks

    Then the power play goals took over and a major was the coup dígrace as PC finished it off with 2 more pp goals

    Meanwhile in the stands there was another battle in my section between PC fans and namely this one vulgar Minnesotan female fan

    At the end all the PC fans turn and looked at this one particular fan and gloated in glee at her

    This even set her off more

    I am sure the people beside her were embarrassed but they said nothing to her being fellow MS Fans
    I was in a section with a vulgar Minnesota state woman (she was wearing a white MSU jersey I could say the number but that would likely identify her) for about a period and left it due to her attitude. The group she was with was taunting PC fans after the goal was waived off saying look at the scoreboard. So I wonder how she felt after MSU collapsed!

  19. #499
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Greater Boston, MA
    Posts
    8,711
    Quote Originally Posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    I was in a section with a vulgar Minnesota state woman (she was wearing a white MSU jersey I could say the number but that would likely identify her) for about a period and left it due to her attitude. The group she was with was taunting PC fans after the goal was waived off saying look at the scoreboard. So I wonder how she felt after MSU collapsed!
    I was there with my brother as he was a NU alum

    We saw one excellent game but the NU Cornell game was a total one sided game

    Good luck to PC today

  20. #500
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wherever the puck bounces
    Posts
    91

    Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

    Quote Originally Posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    Parking at the Mall yesterday was 15 bucks.
    No, it was not. It was $2, like on any other day. Mall parking does not change the price.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •