Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Originally posted by pc88 View Post
    Just in time to take a couple of shots at Gilles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/N58_speevDo?t=148
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      That was one crazy game. Now Noel is teammates with two of those Miami players.

Comment

Friars vs Eagles tonight, can they break through for a win against BC after 2 disappointing games back in January? Hopefully no more shortys given up to the Eagles.

Tix still available, also on NBCsn Boston TV

Comment

Glad to see NBC fixed the awful sound quality from last Thursdays game...

Comment

Originally posted by squidjigger View Post
            Glad to see NBC fixed the awful sound quality from last Thursdays game...
            Still sounds like they broadcasting underwater on my set
            Tully Rink Rat
            Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
            Youngstar
            UML Class of 09

Comment

• Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
              Still sounds like they broadcasting underwater on my set
              Mine as well. Sounds like a bad high school broadcast. I want to be clear it's the sound quality that made it seem like a high school game. Sonny and Mike did their usual good job.
              Last edited by PC91; 03-07-2019, 08:33 PM.

Comment

I do enjoy the games where PC gets played evenly or outplayed for the first two periods before dropping an anvil on the other team in the third.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Final 3-1

So pending UNH-NU tomorrow, will either see the Eagles back at Schneider or the Wildcats... UNH tie or win and it's the Wildcats....

I'd almost prefer UNH as they are pretty banged up from what I hear ....

But as cav says just play the games against whomever you have to, win and move on....

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                    Final 3-1

So pending UNH-NU tomorrow, will either see the Eagles back at Schneider or the Wildcats... UNH tie or win and it's the Wildcats....

I'd almost prefer UNH as they are pretty banged up from what I hear ....

But as cav says just play the games against whomever you have to, win and move on....
                    Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                      Mine as well. Sounds like a bad high school broadcast. I want to be clear it's the sound quality that made it seem like a high school game. Sonny and Mike did their usual good job.
                      Yes, came in static like. Too much harmonic distortion I suppose. Sometimes locked in, sometimes not. Sort of a shame as I had to mute because it was annoying. Nothing to do with the play by play guy. Just felt like a mosquito that needed slapped but couldn't quite get.

Comment

By the way, the last two PC games were like that.

Comment

Well it's BC coming back to Schneider. As Mike Logan let me know, Friars beat BC last time they came to Schneider for HE Quarterfinal round...many moons ago...and have beaten them a few (very few) 3 times in a row. So let's hope Hawkey is on, the defense is strong and the Skating Friars out work the Eagles next weekend to take those first 2 and move on to Boston. Should be an interesting series.

Friars also avoided UMass in semi-finals if they get by BC...A UMASS PC final would probably make for a great game...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                            By the way, the last two PC games were like that.
                            I wonder if it's the broadcast equipment at Schneider....

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                              I wonder if it's the broadcast equipment at Schneider....
                              It has to be. Can't blame other broadcasts on that same channel. My guess is they are not filtering properly and shifting content up high and then back down in base band... meaning they mix white noise in.

Comment

Nate Leaman radio show tomorrow night on TuneIn and 104.7, 6pm....Mike says Bill Milner and Rob Gaudreau will also be on the program...Broadcasting from The Abbey....

Comment

Working...
                                X