Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
    In the initial schedule that came out beginning of the year this game was to be played on Saturday, not sure why it got moved unless the AHL team in Hartford ended up getting scheduled for Saturday. Interestingly, on the UCONN site it still shows up for Saturday for the online stream so don't know if UCONN will be streaming tonight or not. Game is on same time as the bball game against Butler.
    Hartford plays Wilkes Barre and UConn has a Friday night game so couldn’t do afternoon. Not sure why they didn’t have a Sunday afternoon game though. Makes more sense for Providence to have agreed/pushed for that.
    Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
      There are two times I can think of that Hawkey got caught out of net with opponents around that ended up being goals leading to wins by the opposition this year..UMASS at home and Vermont at home....generally he stays in net area. Agree, next year goaltending is going to be interesting that is for sure.
      Jake Kucharski is already practicing with PC and was drafted in the seventh round by the Hurricanes in 2018. He got a bad concussion this fall so didn't play much this season.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...jake-kucharski
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

5-2 over UCONN. No hangover

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
          5-2 over UCONN. No hangover
          Two more to go! They need to win both to have a good shot at the NCAA.

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
            Hartford plays Wilkes Barre and UConn has a Friday night game so couldn’t do afternoon. Not sure why they didn’t have a Sunday afternoon game though. Makes more sense for Providence to have agreed/pushed for that.
            Mike Logan on the broadcast said UCONN did not want to play on Saturday against a PC team that did not have to play Friday while they had to play Friday. Hence they agreed to play Tuesday, i.e. tonight.

Meanwhile, game did not start off well with UCONN scoring first early in the game but Friars came right back to tie it less than minute later. Friars took the lead but gave it up in the second.

Third period saw Friars break an 0-16 streak on the PP with Wilkins getting his second of the night...Hawkey came up with 2 big saves on a UCONN PP then Wilkins and Duhaime close it out with goals...Wilkins with his first career hat trick.

Bit of a scare in first period when Wilkens went down coming off the ice slowly but he was back on short time later.

Nice to see Wilkins scoring goals again.. he now has 95 points...has scored over 30 points in his first 3 years... question is will we see fourth year for him.

On to BU this Thursday, hoping for another good crowd.
            Last edited by 73PCFriar; 02-26-2019, 09:13 PM.

Comment

CHN has a pairwise probability matrix. PC was 88% in before tonight's game so you're probably up to around 90% now.

Comment

Another game from JoB tonight with no shots on goal, a penalty which lead to a UConn goal, and zero points.

Don’t know how much longer that can continue to go on for...

Good to see Wilkins continue to carry this team on his back and UConn’s defense look shoddy at best based on the highlights I saw.

Comment

Just curious, Providence has won 4 in a row having swept UML and beaten UMass...the top two teams in the league. For my money, I'd take Providence to win the HE tourney (insert Zlax joke about Leaman not being able to do that). With that said, why are you fixated on Jay O'Brien?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Just curious, Providence has won 4 in a row having swept UML and beaten UMass...the top two teams in the league. For my money, I'd take Providence to win the HE tourney (insert Zlax joke about Leaman not being able to do that). With that said, why are you fixated on Jay O'Brien?
                    Why? Because Leaman continues to say JoB is playing well while he calls out Hawkey if he gives up one bad goal. Is it a better option to play Lemos over JoB right now? Maybe

Comment

And you don't think a coach knows his players? The last thing you want to do is bury a freshman in the media. What good does that do? Hawkey is a senior and has been around Leaman for 4 years. I'm sure they have a relationship where Hawkey can handle criticism.

Comment

OBrien had a hit post last night, not a shot on goal by the standard.

Zlax focuses on a whipping boy every year. He's got one for the next 2 or 3 years now....

Comment

I don't always drive to Hartford but when I do PC always wins.
                          Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

The hard game (UMASS) and the easy game (UCONN) are behind us. Now for the two teams PC historically struggle against. I can see losing at least of one these which would be irritating but not unexpected.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              The hard game (UMASS) and the easy game (UCONN) are behind us. Now for the two teams PC historically struggle against. I can see losing at least of one these which would be irritating but not unexpected.
                              It would be irritating because while in Pairwise PC winning one likely stays below the cut line leaving it to playoff success to get you to the ncaa’s. However playoffsise PC doesn’t control their own destiny. PC could sweep and still be locked out of 2nd and 3rd because if UML or NU win out PC can’t catch them. Those teams must lose 1 point in addition to any points PC loses in their last 2 games.

Then again finish in standings determine who and even where those playoffs begin.

The angry Friar team needs to extend their stay
                              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

You guys are making NCAA tournament. I wouldn't worry about that. And despite BC beating Providence twice already, there is a zero percent chance BC wins at Schneider.

Comment

Working...
                                X