Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Originally posted by friar97 View Post
    No 19 year old kid deserves to be crapped on like this. Get a life! Someone should beat the snot out of you for the way you talk about KIDS. That's what they are. Hoping the fanbase of the school my son is going 2 seasons from now doesn't include anyone like you. Kind of sad you enjoy ripping on kids like this
    All I want is Zlax to show up and collect his free beer so we can yell at JOB like he trashes him on here. Until then, just a loser keyboard warrior.
    *Not that I condone verbally abusing KIDS in any environment but I'd extend the same offer to anyone else who spoke so negatively about something so consistently. Do that **** away from your computer if you really mean it.

Don't lump him in with us as the "fanbase". That's an insult to the rest of us who are there through ups and downs and not constantly attacking a coach, a player, a program out of jealousy for his own sure shortcomings in life.
    Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

Time to move on to the next game. What do you folks think, Friars have a chance tomorrow? Looks like we may have a sell out at Schneider (which could have lots of UMASS fans there). It is Alumni/Parents weekend so hopefully Friar fans filling the arena.

Friars can't fall behind like first 2 games way back in November...will make for a long game I would think...

Great opportunity for the Friars time to show they can win against one of the top teams in country

Comment

Originally posted by PaulKorea View Post
        All I want is Zlax to show up and collect his free beer so we can yell at JOB like he trashes him on here. Until then, just a loser keyboard warrior.
        *Not that I condone verbally abusing KIDS in any environment but I'd extend the same offer to anyone else who spoke so negatively about something so consistently. Do that **** away from your computer if you really mean it.

Don't lump him in with us as the "fanbase". That's an insult to the rest of us who are there through ups and downs and not constantly attacking a coach, a player, a program out of jealousy for his own sure shortcomings in life.
        I wasn't lumping him in with the fanbase - I am one of them too as a season ticketholder. Just mentioned that I hope beyond hope my son's program doesn't have someone like him as part of their fanbase cause these are kids. It's a totally different perspective when you have someone getting ready to start a college career and you see some guy that has probably never strapped on a pair of skates in his life trashing a kid that's 19 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
          Time to move on to the next game. What do you folks think, Friars have a chance tomorrow? Looks like we may have a sell out at Schneider (which could have lots of UMASS fans there). It is Alumni/Parents weekend so hopefully Friar fans filling the arena.

Friars can't fall behind like first 2 games way back in November...will make for a long game I would think...

Great opportunity for the Friars time to show they can win against one of the top teams in country
          We always have a chance, even in the first two games.
          If Hawkey can pull one out and the offense shows up, they have a chance.
          Can't spot them a two goal lead.
          I thought this might be a factor, but Makar isn't injured. He looked injured last night against UCONN, but he came back.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by friar97 View Post
            I wasn't lumping him in with the fanbase - I am one of them too as a season ticketholder. Just mentioned that I hope beyond hope my son's program doesn't have someone like him as part of their fanbase cause these are kids. It's a totally different perspective when you have someone getting ready to start a college career and you see some guy that has probably never strapped on a pair of skates in his life trashing a kid that's 19 years old.
            Fair enough. Sorry if I misread or misunderstood your comments. Glad to have you as a part of the club, a fellow season ticket holder.
            Moving on, I like PC's chances considering the way Hawkey has been playing. This isn't your typical UMass team, it's another year and they haven't really been on a losing streak this year. Liked what I saw out of PC last weekend and if they can get ahead early and not get lazy, things could fall their way. Saturday night they looked like they were playing more to defend their lead once they got it and not really putting pressure on UML.

Comment

That is something I think they do too much of, once they get a lead they try to hold it instead of playing the way they were and getting a bigger lead......they have to push for more all the way and stay out of the box.....if they do that then we can win

Comment

2 min left in game and we get Celtic pre game ?????????????????????

Comment

Best win of the season, easily.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

We did get the win 3-2 but someone please explain that backwards pass on the power plays all I see it does is waste 4-5 seconds of attack time and the risk for a shorty is high

Comment

The UMASS fans I know of are pretty great, but there’s a bandwagon element on social media that acts like UNH fans circa 2002.
                      That happened fast.

-Blackadder
                      -Casablanca
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                        We did get the win 3-2 but someone please explain that backwards pass on the power plays all I see it does is waste 4-5 seconds of attack time and the risk for a shorty is high
                        Can't stand it, don't like it. Think it's a stupid idea to do the dropback pass especially if the last man is out of place for it. I'm surprised with its frequency that more teams haven't tried to keep a man back in their defensive zone to go after it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
                          Can't stand it, don't like it. Think it's a stupid idea to do the dropback pass especially if the last man is out of place for it. I'm surprised with its frequency that more teams haven't tried to keep a man back in their defensive zone to go after it.

You can’t criticize these kids...I wouldn’t want my son playing for a fan base if you are this critical of the team! Come on!

Out of the three UMass games, PC played their worst tonight and got the win. Umass shouldn’t have won either of the first team games but were thevwytwr team tonight. Sometimes the team that plays the best doesn’t win.

Leaman better work on that power play because it is absolutely terrible with that much high level skill.
                          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Missed you at the game Z. Thought for sure you'd show up and yell at JOB. Keyboard warrior.

Comment

Missed you at the game Z. Thought for sure you'd show up and yell at JOB. Keyboard warrior.
                              Plenty of yelling about JoB in my section. 0 Points, 0 Shots, 0 in +/-, and 0-4 in face-offs. Thanks for playing.
                              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Dude let it go. Guy is a waste of oxygen who likes to complain. Thread would go a lot smoother if everyone just put him on ignore. Probably an angry teenager.

Comment

Working...
                                X