Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    His advisors and coaches did him zero favors last year and PC is seeing the results of it. The kid isn’t ready for D-1 hockey.
    The Flyers must really be clueless. They not only think that he is good enough to play D-1 hockey but should be able to play in the NHL someday! Weird.

Comment

His advisors and coaches did him zero favors last year and PC is seeing the results of it. The kid isn’t ready for D-1 hockey.
      Upper 123. Free beer and we’ll yell at JOB. Unless you’re just a keyboard warrior.
      Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

• Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
        O'Brien will be Z's new whipping boy for the next 2 (maybe 3) years....he already is for this year....
        Gillies Part Two.

I'm of two minds with this team: We either finally beat UMASS and BC and take out UCONN and BU in the bargain.
        Or we lose or tie the last four games.

No idea what to expect in the playoffs.
        Last edited by Jon; 02-19-2019, 04:58 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I can't understand why all those posting on this thread can't seem to appreciate the wisdom we get daily from Xlax, he obviously knows more about the game than the entire Flyer brain trust and his knowledge of proper coaching exceeds most college coaches.....and he is willing to share that with all of us for free, what a wonderful world we live in !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
            I can't understand why all those posting on this thread can't seem to appreciate the wisdom we get daily from Xlax, he obviously knows more about the game than the entire Flyer brain trust and his knowledge of proper coaching exceeds most college coaches.....and he is willing to share that with all of us for free, what a wonderful world we live in !!!!
            Guess we are lucky his specialty isn’t nuclear fusion.
            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
              That is why the Flyers front office was fired this year...
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                Maybe his parents wanted him to enjoy high school and have a normal life when he could
                Admired his decision to graduate with his friends and complete his prep school program. Clearly a talented player, but young and still acclimating to D1 Hockey and the demands of college at a school where student athlete means something. Would not be a good idea to give up on him, remember how Jankowski developed into a key component of our National Championship team, stayed to graduation and is now a key component of the Calgary Flames.

Here is an article from CHN that was published yesterday, interesting how PC has been able to balance the talent/experience mix better than most.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...es-Finding.php

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                  That is why the Flyers front office was fired this year...
                  For drafting O'Brien, or not doing enough at the NHL level to keep the team competitive and improving?
                  Upper 123 for your free beer and we shout at JOB Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulKorea View Post
                    For drafting O'Brien, or not doing enough at the NHL level to keep the team competitive and improving?
                    Upper 123 for your free beer and we shout at JOB Saturday.
                    Ok, this deal seems too good to be true. Free beer and I get to trash Friars. What's next? You will point me in the direction of Jon's car and equip me with a tool kit?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                      Ok, this deal seems too good to be true. Free beer and I get to trash Friars. What's next? You will point me in the direction of Jon's car and equip me with a tool kit?
                      I mentioned before this deal is only good for Zlax. For all his complaining about PC I want to know if he's just a cowardly keyboard warrior or he'd actually heckle JOB at a live game.

To answer your other question... I'll provide a tool kit but I can't guarantee it would be Jon's car. Maybe dismantle the UMass team bus to make them walk it back home. Then I'd buy you a beer.

Comment

Originally posted by NEW Friar View Post
                        Admired his decision to graduate with his friends and complete his prep school program. Clearly a talented player, but young and still acclimating to D1 Hockey and the demands of college at a school where student athlete means something. Would not be a good idea to give up on him, remember how Jankowski developed into a key component of our National Championship team, stayed to graduation and is now a key component of the Calgary Flames.

Here is an article from CHN that was published yesterday, interesting how PC has been able to balance the talent/experience mix better than most.

In the top ten of youngest teams.... BU is the youngest and BC just 2 spots higher....hoping out youngn's can beat theirs in those last 2 home games....

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                          point me in the direction of Jon's car and equip me with a tool kit?
                          Well played.
                          Well. Played.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by NEW Friar View Post

Jankowski had 18 points in 34 games as a freshman for 0.52 points per game while JoB has five points in 21 games for .23 points per game.
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Does the kid deserve it? Absolutely! First round pick who plays a soft game, has the puck taken off his stick, hasn’t shot well, and can’t pass. Tell me one thing he does well? Out of all the forwards this year that play regularly, he has been the least successful. If he wasn’t selected in the first round, you would be wondering why he is playing.
                              No 19 year old kid deserves to be crapped on like this. Get a life! Someone should beat the snot out of you for the way you talk about KIDS. That's what they are. Hoping the fanbase of the school my son is going 2 seasons from now doesn't include anyone like you. Kind of sad you enjoy ripping on kids like this

Comment

Jankowski had 18 points in 34 games as a freshman for 0.52 points per game while JoB has five points in 21 games for .23 points per game.
                                And your thought pre season

Jankowski wasn’t as mentally strong as this kid is..Janko only had one elite season at PC and a great ncaa tourney the year before. He was a little disappointing the first three years.
                                Should be noted this answer was from a Lowell fan who had your mo pegged exactly 3 months before the season even began

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                                He better produce like a 1st rounder, otherwise PC fans will never hear the end of it from Zlax
                                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Working...
                                X