Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Symbolic of last night’s play was the chuck-a-puck fiasco. Let’s hope New Hamster has different between period entertainment. If I was a chucker I would have wanted my money back.

Comment

Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
      Wilkins out of the lineup again. Injured? Sick? Took me midway through the game last night to realize he's missing. McDermott getting into the lineup is usually a sign someone else is out.
      McDermott played every game. Lemos is the tip-off

Which leads to this no one has speculated on who PC will bring in at semester break. Divver in particular but also mentioned by Logan they plan on a Dman and a forward. Divver saying it’s already committed.

I’ll go with minimal playing time guys. Meaning no change on defense. See Lemos pushed down depth chart. I’m guessing the Koopman twins who will age out of juniors after year. Any other guesses rumors?
      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by dillon View Post
        I wonder if the loss of some top level assistants has affected the team.

I’d guess minimal. Rohlston stepped up from volunteer/Olympic committment to associate. Added a skills volunteer. Biggest lose Borek was 3 years of stability

However in 15 they had replaced Barr Russell plus a Berard left as dir of hockey ops. They seemed to struggle a bit as they revamped their style a bit

Mainly a veteran team and it is getting late early so hopefully what work they can do pre XMas break and the post XMas pre 2nd semester classes concentration on hockey only corrects or raises their play above these issues
        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

This offense is frustrating

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            This offense is frustrating

You could always dump and retreat
            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
              You could always dump and retreat
              This team actually seems to know what it’s doing offensively, they just can’t score

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

This team actually seems to know what it’s doing offensively, they just can’t score
                Until right now. Tie game.

-Blackadder
                -Casablanca
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Until right now. Tie game.
                  this is cold blooded. 3-1 win.

-Blackadder
                  -Casablanca
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Real big win, one just has to keep plugging away, after the friars were shut out on the 5 on 3, it seemed like they would never score a goal

O'Brien picked the right moment for his first goal, first of many

Comment

That was gut check win for the Friars...Hawkey kept them in it until they finally could get pucks past UNH blocks and their goalie...

Definitely needed this after last night's tie...

Comment

Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
                        O'Brien picked the right moment for his first goal, first of many
                        i hope so, he was dangerous with the puck all weekend, he just didn't score. Then he did.

UNH always plays us tough, even after the Skating Mother Theresa/Goons era ended. Robinson did his best Tirone impression up until the end of the second game.

-Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Dugan Hockey East rookie of the month again. Real good player. Glad to see O’Brien on the scoreboard - hopefully a sign of good things to come, Looking forward to the return to the lineup of Wilkins and a strong second half.

Comment

At Merrimack tonight. For the Friars a must win. For Merrimack fighting to put last weekend behind them and the Friars weekend a few weeks ago. Of course Friars have to put behind them the 5 goals they game up to Merrimack the second night.

Comment

Tonight's game on NESN then hockey withdrawal for 3 weeks. Long season though so good for the players, (if not us fans), to have the break.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                                At Merrimack tonight. For the Friars a must win. For Merrimack fighting to put last weekend behind them and the Friars weekend a few weeks ago. Of course Friars have to put behind them the 5 goals they game up to Merrimack the second night.
                                It would be great to go into the break with a win and keep up the momentum.
                                I do not expect an easy game or to score 7 goals against Merrimack and third straight time.

-Blackadder
                                -Casablanca
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X