Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

UMaine weekend for the Friars, first time since 2016. Season hangs in the balance (at least for us fans)....let's see what team shows up

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
      UMaine weekend for the Friars, first time since 2016. Season hangs in the balance (at least for us fans)....let's see what team shows up
      I think they'll be lucky if they can split the series this weekend. It wouldn't surprise me if it went the other way and they got swept.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
        I think they'll be lucky if they can split the series this weekend. It wouldn't surprise me if it went the other way and they got swept.
        You have to figure the Alternator Thieves are tired of losing to PC and they're going to get some points out of this weekend. Swayman is exactly the type of goalie we would struggle against.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
          You have to figure the Alternator Thieves are tired of losing to PC and they're going to get some points out of this weekend. Swayman is exactly the type of goalie we would struggle against.
          Phew! Another shutout for Hawkey.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

A rare Friar 1-0 win...we'll take it...

UML over BC and UMass over BU

UNH over Vermont....

The race for top four tightens although UMass looking safe for number 1, Doesn't appear they are going to falter.

Comment

Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
              Tourney or no tourney for PC got our NCAA tickets today. Adult/$83 or Senior/$63 is what they're going for.
              Saw that Schneider is hosting the womens semis and finals. Anybody going? Considering it for an off-weekend from the mens hockey.
              They are hosting the HOCKEY EAST semis and finals....The women's frozen four is at Quinnipiac
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Phew! Another shutout for Hawkey.
                Big time performance from Hawkey.
                Friars putting a lot of pressure on Hawkey with their lack of scoring.
                Where was O 'Brien, is he injured?

Comment

• Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
                  Big time performance from Hawkey.
                  Friars putting a lot of pressure on Hawkey with their lack of scoring.
                  Where was O 'Brien, is he injured?
                  I know Nate was raving about him saying he had a great game after the Friday game against Vermont when he was absolute garbage!

Comment

Yet another shortie

-Blackadder
                    -Casablanca
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                      Yet another shortie
                      Can you believe it

Ben with the give up again...

Mike says Friars D look tired, Barry has not seen the ice, Nate just going with the 5 D men right now...

Friars are back in their unable to score goals mold again...

Comment

Can you believe it

Mike says Friars D look tired, Barry has not seen the ice, Nate just going with the 5 D men right now...

March came early.

1 goal a game. 4 games in a row.

Good news for Lowell fans!
                        Last edited by Jon; 02-09-2019, 08:26 PM.

-Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Yep, not the time of year where cannot score goals...

Hawkey deserved better in this one....

Maine breaks the longest losing streak against one team they ever had...

This teams offense is as bad as the bball team offense....only in a hockey sense...

UML beats UMASS 2-0 to pull within 2 of UMASS and is now 9-0-1 since beginning of second half...

Comment

Can you believe it

The short handed goals allowed all season have been the system PC is playing with the weak side d pinching down causing the defense to be on an island up top. One little mix up and they are off to the races the other way. The coaching staff has failed to develop this team after the national championship and they should be better than this crap.
                            Last edited by The Zlax45; 02-09-2019, 09:51 PM.

Comment

March came early.

Hawkey had to be awesome for the friars to get just 3 points from UVM and Maine in 4 games. obviously Leaman has some big problems to correct asap.

Comment

March came early.

Hawkey had to be awesome for the friars to get just 3 points from UVM and Maine in 4 games. obviously Leaman has some big problems to correct asap.

Comment

Working...
                                X