Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
    Let’s see what happens tonight. UML will probably play like their hair is on fire at the start.

The one good thing about how disappointing this season could be is that the basketball team is worse. Woof.
    1goal again, but it held up. We’re in second place.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

1goal again, but it held up. We’re in second place.
      Thanks to Hawkey!

Comment

• Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
        Thanks to Hawkey!
        Hawkey has been great since the debacle against BU.
        Up to 12th in the pairwise.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

FWIW, O’Brien’s next check will be his first.
          Originally posted by mookie1995
          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Hawkey has been great since the debacle against BU.
            Up to 12th in the pairwise.
            Hawkey has had 2 stretches of games 4 (2 vs Merrimack, 2 Denver where he faught puck a bit). Maybe steals the 2nd Denver game if on game. Worse stretch vs Miami, BC BU and includes 2nd Brown game ( where he was deprived of a shutout when Mollott Hill gave up late goal). In the other 21 games he’s given up 25 goals. His biggest issue is pp can’t play defense.
            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
              FWIW, O’Brien’s next check will be his first.
              O’Brien was playing a physical game at the wjc tryouts over the summer but he has been so soft at PC mentally and physically. This is what you get when you play high school hockey over the U-18 program.
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Maybe his parents wanted him to enjoy high school and have a normal life when he could

Comment

O'Brien will be Z's new whipping boy for the next 2 (maybe 3) years....he already is for this year....

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                    O'Brien will be Z's new whipping boy for the next 2 (maybe 3) years....he already is for this year....
                    Does the kid deserve it? Absolutely! First round pick who plays a soft game, has the puck taken off his stick, hasn’t shot well, and can’t pass. Tell me one thing he does well? Out of all the forwards this year that play regularly, he has been the least successful. If he wasn’t selected in the first round, you would be wondering why he is playing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                      Does the kid deserve it? Absolutely! First round pick who plays a soft game, has the puck taken off his stick, hasn’t shot well, and can’t pass. Tell me one thing he does well? Out of all the forwards this year that play regularly, he has been the least successful. If he wasn’t selected in the first round, you would be wondering why he is playing.
                      SSDD...thought I would drop in...I see you are still the negative SOB you have always been. No kid deserves the kind of crap you spew on these boards. When he's earning a million bucks then have at...

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                        Top row 123. Come on up and we can both yell at O'Brien. Hell I'll even buy you a beer.

EDIT: Unless you're just some cranky keyboard warrior type and wouldn't say the same things about him at a game like you do here. The offer stands.
                        Last edited by PaulKorea; 02-18-2019, 06:00 PM.
                        Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                          So sad to dump on any kid in any sport. Who is the grown up?

Comment

Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
                            So sad to dump on any kid in any sport. Who is the grown up?
                            It sure is and he sure isn't. Alright anyone else who meets me in 123 the offer for a free beer is not for you. I want to know if this dude is for real. Hell if he don't drink I'll just buy an extra one for myself.
                            Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                              SSDD...thought I would drop in...I see you are still the negative SOB you have always been. No kid deserves the kind of crap you spew on these boards. When he's earning a million bucks then have at...
                              His advisors and coaches did him zero favors last year and PC is seeing the results of it. The kid isn’t ready for D-1 hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                                His advisors and coaches did him zero favors last year and PC is seeing the results of it. The kid isn’t ready for D-1 hockey.
                                And Leaman continues to pump his tires...

Comment

Working...
                                X