Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
    BC had a rough year by their standards but if they win two games and they are in the tournament. They will also reload and be back in the thick of it next season. I did want to make sure folks knew I was slagging BC. PC has been average at best this season and couldn't seem to win the big game when needed this year. I feel PC needed to guarantee a spot in the NCAA by finishing off BC and moving on to the Garden. I respect BC's program and I do think the entire program needs to be held accountable for their terrible record against BC in a down year for the Eagles. Anyway Coach York will have them back to form next year.
    This was PC's year to have a big year with only five freshmen playing this season. One of them has been horrible even though he was recruited as the star of the class. Dugan was the most consistent player on the team and Thompson is likely going to get drafted this year. Callahan has been a surprise and Koopman was a depth add.

The rest of the team all returned from a final eight NCAA appearance so there is no excuse to be sitting home in the conference semifinals.

The problem is Nate doesn't get it as he is questioning the losses to UMass, Notre Dame, or Denver hurting them. But how about the no-show appearances against the BAD teams? Vermont (0-1-1), Maine (1-1-0) and BC (2-4-0) while tying Sacred Heart? It shows a lack of leadership from the players and the coaching staff on keeping them focused on the task at hand.
    Last edited by The Zlax45; 03-18-2019, 05:42 PM.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
      And Brown too. I think it's either Penn State or Notre Dame, but not both.
      If feel bad not rooting for Bruno after they beat QU, but it's business. We need them to lose. Sorry.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
        If feel bad not rooting for Bruno after they beat QU, but it's business. We need them to lose. Sorry.
        And according to Mark Divver on Twitter, there might be scenarios where Brown and PC end up in the NCAA's. Craziness.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

And according to Mark Divver on Twitter, there might be scenarios where Brown and PC end up in the NCAA's. Craziness.
          Need Bowling Green to lose and they are both in if Brown wins ECAC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pc88 View Post
            Need Bowling Green to lose and they are both in if Brown wins ECAC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            If that happens that means PC would probably be headed west, since Brown is the host school in Providence?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
              Apology not accepted. You’ll rue this day!

Comment

• Originally posted by uncle_cliff View Post
                If that happens that means PC would probably be headed west, since Brown is the host school in Providence?
                There’s one scenario where PC slides up to 11 in the PWR and thus gets a 3 seed, in which case both local schools would likely stay home. My guess, in that case, is UMass-Brown and Quinny-PC at the Dunk. Needless to say, this isn’t a particularly likely scenario because quite a few results need to go exactly right. And, of course, Brown needs to actually win both games in LP.

Comment

• Originally posted by uncle_cliff View Post
                  That’d still be a fun scenario

-Blackadder
                  -Casablanca
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

So BU, BC, Colorado College all need to lose. I don't think the Big 10 winner would knock out PC. Any other scenarios missing? I left off Brown since that's already been discussed.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
                      So BU, BC, Colorado College all need to lose. I don't think the Big 10 winner would knock out PC. Any other scenarios missing? I left off Brown since that's already been discussed.
                      BU and CC lost. Now we root for UMASS

-Blackadder
                      -Casablanca
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

BU and CC lost. Now we root for UMASS
                        Well, why not?

BC has no excuse to even be in the mix right now, while PC certainly does.

Comment

Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
                          As long as BC doesn't get the autobid you're in.

Comment

Yes and no. I've found scenarios where BC wins the conference but PC still gets in. I think it was AIC and Notre Dame both winning AND BC winning, but not if Penn State wins.

Comment

Go NU! Go NU! Go NU!

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                                Go NU! Go NU! Go NU!
                                Indeed. UMASS didn’t show up.

-Blackadder
                                -Casablanca
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X