Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

It's all lining up for PC to be last at large team in and then get to play in Providence

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
      The BC announcers are pre-occupied with their season not ending. Really not sure.
      BC is playing with house money 💰

Any win is just gravy after a terrible season
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        It's all lining up for PC to be last at large team in and then get to play in Providence
        As much as I like your optimism I think this year it's not going to happen...need to make sure either UMASS or NU win HE, preferably against each other disposing of BC and BU on Thursday...

Really sucks those 2 schools getting to Boston, especially an Eagle team with only 13 wins....

Comment

PC got what they deserved, they have played bad all year including that throw back attack on the power play

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
            As much as I like your optimism I think this year it's not going to happen...need to make sure either UMASS or NU win HE, preferably against each other disposing of BC and BU on Thursday...

Really sucks those 2 schools getting to Boston, especially an Eagle team with only 13 wins....
            but we're both already in Boston...............................oh, wait We were the 1 seed in 2004 and lost to the 8 (BU!) so it does suck but...........

Comment

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
              PC got what they deserved, they have played bad all year including that throw back attack on the power play
              Absolutely.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
                This pretty much sums it up as far as I'm concerned. They are what they are as a team which I feel this year is average at best. They should have finished off BC with all that was at stake for the Friars in terms of NCAA and they choked. If they get in at this point they should consider themselves lucky. Very average team. Simple as that.
                I do get a kick out of our resident UNH fan constantly getting so worked up about the Friars. What's even funnier is those of you that give sway to any of his sour opinions on all things PC hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                  This pretty much sums it up as far as I'm concerned. They are what they are as a team which I feel this year is average at best. They should have finished off BC with all that was at stake for the Friars in terms of NCAA and they choked. If they get in at this point they should consider themselves lucky. Very average team. Simple as that.
                  I do get a kick out of our resident UNH fan constantly getting so worked up about the Friars. What's even funnier is those of you that give sway to any of his sour opinions on all things PC hockey.
                  I love PC hockey!
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

I know BC was picked to win league, was PC 2nd? BC dragging the Friars into the abyss with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      I know BC was picked to win league, was PC 2nd? BC dragging the Friars into the abyss with them.
                      Yes
                      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

I need to be clear. BC was mentioned in my post in regard to PC needed to win the series but I want to be clear when I said very average team I was talking about the Friars this season and they should feel lucky if they get into the tournament.

Comment

So apparently, in order to slip into the NCAA tournament, we have to root against Bowling Green, Harvard, BU and BC. So basically, like the Beanpot every year?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                            So apparently, in order to slip into the NCAA tournament, we have to root against Bowling Green, Harvard, BU and BC. So basically, like the Beanpot every year?
                            And Brown too. I think it's either Penn State or Notre Dame, but not both.

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                              I need to be clear. BC was mentioned in my post in regard to PC needed to win the series but I want to be clear when I said very average team I was talking about the Friars this season and they should feel lucky if they get into the tournament.
                              If it makes you feel any better I would have loved for BC to be very average this year instead of the dumpster fire they were.

Comment

If it makes you feel any better I would have loved for BC to be very average this year instead of the dumpster fire they were.
                                BC had a rough year by their standards but if they win two games and they are in the tournament. They will also reload and be back in the thick of it next season. I did want to make sure folks knew I was slagging BC. PC has been average at best this season and couldn't seem to win the big game when needed this year. I feel PC needed to guarantee a spot in the NCAA by finishing off BC and moving on to the Garden. I respect BC's program and I do think the entire program needs to be held accountable for their terrible record against BC in a down year for the Eagles. Anyway Coach York will have them back to form next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X