Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
    They should want to play BC and fans of Friar hockey should want to play BC. Quality program always even in a down year by their standards, who gives PC fits for some reason. If PC is going to be considered successful this year they will have to figure out a way past the Eagles. I love the idea of it. It's like when people talk about the Pats winning the Super Bowl but hope they play weak opponents on their way to get there. Pathetic. Hopefully they play BC in the playoffs. No better opponent to get used to if you hope to make it to the NCAAs.
    I’d say at this point let chips fall where they may no matter who it’s going to be a challenge. Take care of your own business and take advantage of home ice
    Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
      I’d say at this point let chips fall where they may no matter who it’s going to be a challenge. Take care of your own business and take advantage of home ice
      I'm with cav....

Comment

I'm with cav....

Comment

I'm with cav....

Comment

We have decided amongst us we are all with cav....

Except for Xlax45.

Comment

Because of tiebreakers it’s PC’s to lose. Which of course...we’ll youve been around the block
              We should do a poll of the most exasperating losses in PC history. My dark horse is that when they blew a late lead against Merrimack in the last game of the season and lost in OT in Army's first year.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I started going to PC games the season before they won the championship. Boston was just too expensive and the light bulb went on. So I don't really have anything to contribute on the pre-Leaman years, so I'll just hang around for the stories.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                  We should do a poll of the most exasperating losses in PC history. My dark horse is that when they blew a late lead against Merrimack in the last game of the season and lost in OT in Army's first year.
                  Come on Jon you know what starts the list

Recent story on it as anniversary is a couple of days

https://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islanders/lou-lamoriello-cornell-hockey-providence-hockey-keith-olbermann-1.27633891
                  Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Come on Jon you know what starts the list

Recent story on it as anniversary is a couple of days

https://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...ann-1.27633891
                    Ah, yes. That game. The grandfather of bad PC losses.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Never want any game to replace the Cornell mess

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        Ah, yes. That game. The grandfather of bad PC losses.
                        Pretty close to being the grandfather of all time bad losses in college history

Good thing no internet in 1979. Could you imagine Zlax going off on Wilson. He struggled both jr and Sr year after setting PC goal scoring record for season as freshman. He was drafted and he was the younger brother of Ron. The team also underperformed as had gotten to NCAA year before and was senior ladened and couldn’t get home ice
                        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
                          Never want any game to replace the Cornell mess
                          They came **** close vs Miami during championship run. Except Tanev knew how to score an empty netter
                          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                            They came **** close vs Miami during championship run. Except Tanev knew how to score an empty netter
                            The tying goal saw the puck jump over Kuraly’s stick IIRC as Gillies was down and out. Same thing happened in the national championship game
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                              The tying goal saw the puck jump over Kuraly’s stick IIRC as Gillies was down and out. Same thing happened in the national championship game
                              Just in time to take a couple of shots at Gilles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pc88 View Post
                                Just in time to take a couple of shots at Gilles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                https://youtu.be/9nyuGoxYzNQ?t=285
                                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Working...
                                X