Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031 LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 605

Thread: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

  1. #561
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Newport, RI
    Posts
    1,341

    Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

    Reading Mark today it looks like the whole team is healthy and ready to go

  2. #562
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,363

    Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

    What is up with the fist to the head the guys are doing? Anyone know the origins of it? I started recognizing them doing it after Vimal got hit in the head in the Minnesota State game....but didn't know if it was going on earlier.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

  3. #563
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    12

    Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

    Quote Originally Posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    What is up with the fist to the head the guys are doing? Anyone know the origins of it? I started recognizing them doing it after Vimal got hit in the head in the Minnesota State game....but didn't know if it was going on earlier.
    Was this not happening last year too? I saw him do it against the huskies last year in the semi finals
    45 second mark -


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF0W2GPvvV8

  4. #564
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,363
    Quote Originally Posted by WarHog89 View Post
    Was this not happening last year too? I saw him do it against the huskies last year in the semi finals
    45 second mark -


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF0W2GPvvV8

    Good catch must be a Vimal thing

  5. #565
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Southeast of Providence...
    Posts
    526

    Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

    Awfully quiet here before today's big game....

  6. #566
    Friar Fever.... be a believer!
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Corn Neck Rd. BIRI
    Posts
    1,920
    Quote Originally Posted by 73PCFriar View Post
    Awfully quiet here before today's big game....
    I noticed the same thing. I actually like it because what really can be said. None if us have any influence on what's going to happen after 5pm. PC is playing a very good tram today and I think it should be a close game. Either team could win although I give the slight nod to UMD. Hopefully the boys are rested but ready as their start vs. Mankato was rough.
    I'd like to see them play on Saturday. Why does it seem like everyone is sleeping on Denver? UMass hasn't proven anything yet and the talk has been all about them outside of Colorado.

  7. #567
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Southeast of Providence...
    Posts
    526

    Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

    Quote Originally Posted by PC91 View Post
    I noticed the same thing. I actually like it because what really can be said. None if us have any influence on what's going to happen after 5pm. PC is playing a very good tram today and I think it should be a close game. Either team could win although I give the slight nod to UMD. Hopefully the boys are rested but ready as their start vs. Mankato was rough.
    I'd like to see them play on Saturday. Why does it seem like everyone is sleeping on Denver? UMass hasn't proven anything yet and the talk has been all about them outside of Colorado.
    I suppose the two 4-0 shutouts in the regional has something to do with the UMASS talk. Sure Denver had a shutout but that was against AIC. UMASS shutout Harvard and Notre Dame and it wasn't even close in either from what I read.

  8. #568
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Posts
    3,115
    Quote Originally Posted by 73PCFriar View Post
    I suppose the two 4-0 shutouts in the regional has something to do with the UMASS talk. Sure Denver had a shutout but that was against AIC. UMASS shutout Harvard and Notre Dame and it wasn't even close in either from what I read.
    I would suspect them having Cale Makar, the most exciting player in college hockey might have a little to do with it

  9. #569
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Posts
    3,115
    Quote Originally Posted by 73PCFriar View Post
    Awfully quiet here before today's big game....
    Well wait till after season is over and everyone discusses the early exodus that is coming, shouldn’t be quiet then.

  10. #570
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by 73PCFriar View Post
    Awfully quiet here before today's big game....
    No problem, much better to play a good game, than to talk a good game.
    A lot depends on Hayden, and puck luck.
    Go friars.

  11. #571
    Goin' Up?
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Outside Boston
    Posts
    15,309
    Quote Originally Posted by cavbim View Post
    I would suspect them having Cale Makar, the most exciting player in college hockey might have a little to do with it
    Kind of reminds me when BU had Jack Eichel.

    It's a great day for April hockey. Looking for the Friars A-gsme today, else they go home early.

  12. #572
    Friar Fever.... be a believer!
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Corn Neck Rd. BIRI
    Posts
    1,920

    Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

    Don't get me wrong I think UMass is a good team and I'd LOVE to see an all HE final. I don't think they are a guarantee over Denver which doesn't wilt in games like this and it seems to be getting no press.

  13. #573
    Friar Fever.... be a believer!
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Corn Neck Rd. BIRI
    Posts
    1,920

    Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

    Quote Originally Posted by The Freds View Post
    Kind of reminds me when BU had Jack Eichel.

    It's a great day for April hockey. Looking for the Friars A-game today, else they go home early.
    That worked out well... for the Friars!!!

  14. #574
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Newport, RI
    Posts
    1,341

    Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

    Looks like a home game for PC.....half the seats are empty and we got 2 gifts from the Refs.....have to go harder next period
    Last edited by satyking; 04-11-2019 at 04:48 PM. Reason: add to post

  15. #575
    Say, this is nice. Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Wauwatosa, WI
    Posts
    34,265

    Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

    It's tough to tell with Melrose and Buccigross yelling in my ears while I'm at work, but it seems like we have some work to do offensively. One of these goals is going to count.

    "I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

    2008 POTY

  16. #576
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Southeast of Providence...
    Posts
    526

    Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

    Seems Hayden has to give up that one bad goal but the Friars Power Play continues to go strong and so we go to the third tied 1-1. Overall think the Friars are playing well. Got a couple of breaks in the first period but those were legitimate no goals.

    Let's hope for a great 3rd period and Friars can close this out.

  17. #577
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, MA
    Posts
    4,255

    Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

    Not scoring on that two-man advantage is going to be their downfall.

  18. #578
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    4,582
    Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    Not scoring on that two-man advantage is going to be their downfall.
    Even Melrose noted that as the turning point, great run!

  19. #579
    Say, this is nice. Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Wauwatosa, WI
    Posts
    34,265

    Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

    We were Duluthed

  20. #580
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    We were Duluthed
    Fact!

    Not a strong game by Hawkey on the two goals but the defense struggled all night with breakouts. That was troubling and basically what PC does to teams...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •