Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Quote Originally Posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    I think it is an understatement to call Hockey East "weaker." The quality of play is probably the worst I have seen in 30 years of attending PC hockey.
    Zlax thinks PC should decline their bid.

Hopefully his 30 years of attending PC hockey will be his last.

Quote Originally Posted by PC91 View Post
    Says the UNH grad as if he's been a Friars fan for 30 years.
    Been going to PC games since 1989 thanks!
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Not related to North or South

Congratulations or something...
    Living somewhere between North and South.

Friar Fever.... be a believer!
    No one cares!!! That's the point that you don't get. I've been going to BU games since 1978 and BC games since about the same time but only once or twice a year in the early days to see the Eagles play the Terriers. I went to PC though just like you went to UNH. My point is that you are a graduate of another school trying to play yourself off as part of the PC fan base when in reality you're just a miserable ***** who posts here because you have an axe to grind. I'm not sure if someone from PC stole your girl or if you just finally got sick of UNH going nowhere the last 30 years but it's laughable that you complain about Leaman on the regular as if PC is going to fire him. Now you have an obsession with the performance of a freshman who struggled this year but will most likely get it together and have a very successful career in Providence.
    Today must be a sad day for you because despite all the struggles this year and the fact that Hockey East is having such a down year that Northeastern, UMass and PC should decline their invites to the NCAA tournament, Leaman has gotten the Friars back in the mix AGAIN. They must have a name for someone who continuously invests his time, effort and money into attending something that they hate....

No one cares!!! That's the point that you don't get. I've been going to BU games since 1978 and BC games since about the same time but only once or twice a year in the early days to see the Eagles play the Terriers. I went to PC though just like you went to UNH. My point is that you are a graduate of another school trying to play yourself off as part of the PC fan base when in reality you're just a miserable ***** who posts here because you have an axe to grind. I'm not sure if someone from PC stole your girl or if you just finally got sick of UNH going nowhere the last 30 years but it's laughable that you complain about Leaman on the regular as if PC is going to fire him. Now you have an obsession with the performance of a freshman who struggled this year but will most likely get it together and have a very successful career in Providence.
    Today must be a sad day for you because despite all the struggles this year and the fact that Hockey East is having such a down year that Northeastern, UMass and PC should decline their invites to the NCAA tournament, Leaman has gotten the Friars back in the mix AGAIN. They must have a name for someone who continuously invests his time, effort and money into attending something that they hate....
    Saying Hockey East is probably the worst it has been in 30 years is an opinion that maybe you agree or disagree with but the talent seems down across the conference. The days of Roloson playing at middling Lowell program or Therrien at a middle of a pack PC team are gone.it seemed from about the 90ís through mid 2000ís the conference had teams with legit stars on them. Now the middle of the pack teams donít. I ask anyone do you remember anyone from Vermont (besides their goalie) or UConn that impressed you?

Saying Hockey East is probably the worst it has been in 30 years is an opinion that maybe you agree or disagree with but the talent seems down across the conference. The days of Roloson playing at middling Lowell program or Therrien at a middle of a pack PC team are gone.it seemed from about the 90ís through mid 2000ís the conference had teams with legit stars on them. Now the middle of the pack teams donít. I ask anyone do you remember anyone from Vermont (besides their goalie) or UConn that impressed you?
    You're talking around my point. The point is PC hockey is going to the NCAA tournament again. They are just a few years removed from a national championship and the coach is here for as long as he wants to be. You spent most of the season criticizing an 18 year old who on is worst day is a better player than you could ever hope to be but yet you chirp about him like he stole your girl or stole your last dollar. I know you are a UNH grad and I guess I'm wondering why you continuously post here on the PC thread if you hate the coach, all his decisions and rag on the players. It's beyond pathetic. I don't care what your opinion of the league is because you post here almost on the daily. Why? What did we do to deserve your daily pearls of hockey opinions? Did you get booted from the UNH thread or is it that we get to deal with you now by default? Do you live close so you attend PC games? Just trying to figure out why you post all the time *****ing about a team you seem to really dislike.

Heís just here to compensate for the attention he doesnít get at home.

You're talking around my point. The point is PC hockey is going to the NCAA tournament again. They are just a few years removed from a national championship and the coach is here for as long as he wants to be. You spent most of the season criticizing an 18 year old who on is worst day is a better player than you could ever hope to be but yet you chirp about him like he stole your girl or stole your last dollar. I know you are a UNH grad and I guess I'm wondering why you continuously post here on the PC thread if you hate the coach, all his decisions and rag on the players. It's beyond pathetic. I don't care what your opinion of the league is because you post here almost on the daily. Why? What did we do to deserve your daily pearls of hockey opinions? Did you get booted from the UNH thread or is it that we get to deal with you now by default? Do you live close so you attend PC games? Just trying to figure out why you post all the time *****ing about a team you seem to really dislike.
    I have lived near PC my entire life except for my college days...my opinion is just as important as yours. It doesnít matter!

I have lived near PC my entire life except for my college days...my opinion is just as important as yours. It doesnít matter!
    So in plain English you're a UNH grad who goes to the PC games to get your hockey fix on. Not a big deal. I don't know why it was like pulling teeth to get a straight answer out of you but maybe you just like being a man of mystery. I'm also not one of those "stay off our thread" types so I was really just asking to get some perspective on why someone lives on this thread but hates PC hockey.
    Basically I think you are probably a bit salty that the University of No Hardware has done nothing in forever and yet the Friars are going to the NCAA...again. You do have fan base that I saw is pretty pumped that you all went from 11th to 9th place roughly in a league that is so down they shouldn't even count the season so that's looking up, right? The topper is you talked smack all year about a kid who would probably drive your two remaining teeth out the back of your fool head if you ever had the balls to tell him your "opinions" in person but we both know that you'd never have the stones to do that. In fact you were given some golden opportunities and noped out of those. True fact is I LOVED your impression of a turtle when a guy offered to buy you beers if you would only have the balls to stand next to him and heckle in person....and in true puss fashion you didn't. So that told me ALMOST everything I needed to know about you. You're basically a puss who outsiders mistake for a PC fan until they read the thread past two of your posts. It's cool, you keep doing you. It just makes a whole lot of sense now.

Stop in fighting and fight for hockey east.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    Stop in fighting and fight for hockey east.
    It isn't in fighting when he ain't one of our own. But thanks for your input.

It isn't in fighting when he ain't one of our own. But thanks for your input.
    Win, gear towards winning.

Win, gear towards winning.
    Or else we will steal your g d alternators.

Or else we will steal your g d alternators.
    Those Mainers are tricky.

Bring on the Land Cows.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Those Mainers are tricky.

Bring on the Land Cows.
    Looks like Parker and Bertanga in the old days...

https://youtu.be/l-O5IHVhWj0

So in plain English you're a UNH grad who goes to the PC games to get your hockey fix on. Not a big deal. I don't know why it was like pulling teeth to get a straight answer out of you but maybe you just like being a man of mystery. I'm also not one of those "stay off our thread" types so I was really just asking to get some perspective on why someone lives on this thread but hates PC hockey.
    Basically I think you are probably a bit salty that the University of No Hardware has done nothing in forever and yet the Friars are going to the NCAA...again. You do have fan base that I saw is pretty pumped that you all went from 11th to 9th place roughly in a league that is so down they shouldn't even count the season so that's looking up, right? The topper is you talked smack all year about a kid who would probably drive your two remaining teeth out the back of your fool head if you ever had the balls to tell him your "opinions" in person but we both know that you'd never have the stones to do that. In fact you were given some golden opportunities and noped out of those. True fact is I LOVED your impression of a turtle when a guy offered to buy you beers if you would only have the balls to stand next to him and heckle in person....and in true puss fashion you didn't. So that told me ALMOST everything I needed to know about you. You're basically a puss who outsiders mistake for a PC fan until they read the thread past two of your posts. It's cool, you keep doing you. It just makes a whole lot of sense now.
    I think a buddy of mine secretly lurks here because he showed up in 123 for the regular season finale and said he wanted to cash in his free beer. Now I'm going to have to change my seats next year. Though I'd be more than happy to sit with a bunch of true PC hockey fans.
    Living somewhere between North and South.

The Original Dope Detector theprofromdover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulKorea View Post
    I think a buddy of mine secretly lurks here because he showed up in 123 for the regular season finale and said he wanted to cash in his free beer. Now I'm going to have to change my seats next year. Though I'd be more than happy to sit with a bunch of true PC hockey fans.
    Do we know each other?
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Back to hockey.....how far can we go with these match-ups......will NE move on to face the winner of our game.....any thoughts out there

Quote Originally Posted by theprofromdover View Post
    Do we know each other?
    If your name isnít Bart then likely no.

Quote Originally Posted by satyking View Post
    Back to hockey.....how far can we go with these match-ups......will NE move on to face the winner of our game.....any thoughts out there
    I see Northeastern vs. Mankato but I'm hoping PC can get it together for an all HE East Regional Championship. I don't see Cornell as a threat to the NU this year and Mankato is going to be a huge test for the Friars. I really respect their program but their fans are coming off like losers complaining about having to play PC at the Dunk. It's like they are building in an excuse to lose and the week hadn't ever started yet. PC hockey plays as many games at the Dunk as the Air Force Academy.
    Hopefully PC learned something from having to sit out this past weekend while other teams controlled their destiny. Could be Hawkey's last collegiate game if the team can't put together a strong effort.

If PC does get past Mankato I think they match up well with NU.

Thread Information